Show off your wips!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Deresto, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

[​IMG]
    IDK WHY THIS IS SIDEWAYS BUT

here's a wip sketch of larimar

she's my amethyst-peridot fan fusion and she's garbage, i love her

(yes, those are shutter shades)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

keep having to stop this and go back to it the last few days because I've been getting dizzy or too weak too fast. but it's a scene from a recent update on one of my fics, a scene that means a lot to me. there's gonna be the verbal exchange on the right in their appropriate colors. should be done soon but g u h so many pauses i don't wanna take.. ;A;
    Untitled.png

• Like x 2
  3. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  4. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

[​IMG]
    This is gonna have at least one more panel, I think. And a lot of cleanup.

• Like x 2
  5. Nobody's Home

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

cardchariotwip.jpg
    i need to refine this but i'm sick at looking at right now

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  7. Nobody's Home

nnja.png

• Like x 3
  8. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Question: does music count? Because I have a (crappy) live recording of one of my bands newest songs that we’re still tightening up and now I wanna show it off (to help get over my fear of sharing things about myself that I love doing).

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Musical wips are absolutely allowed! If you made it and its not quite finished it counts, imho.

10. Jove

Jove [ destination defenestration ]

Excellent!

Quick info: We're a metalcore band called Bite the Bullet, and we'll all women. I'm lead vocals, Blaire is our rhythm guitar, Katie is the bass, with Maria on drums.

Fair warning: This is a live recording from our first and only show so far, and it doesn't have the best audio quality (our venue wasn't suited for it). It's also very loud and if screaming is a trigger for you, I recommend not clicking the link below.

"The Gunshow", first demo

• Winner x 2
  11. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Pottery WIP! I wish there was a potter's thread where I could show off all my pieces, but here's the kelpie I'm currently working on :) DSC_0132.JPG DSC_0131.JPG

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  12. aetherGeologist

cardfoolnotps.jpg
    tailgate is far too hard to draw for having such a simple design

• Like x 1
  13. aetherGeologist

cardfoolnotps.png
    he's getting there!

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. Acey

Writing WIP? Writing WIP. Flashback scene from Pearl, Interrupted, AKA That Angsty SU Humanstuck I'm Taking Like A Million Years To Write. (please read my fanfic but like, mind the warnings)

Formatting didn't transfer but OH WELL

You met Rose on your first day of high school.

It was lunch, and you and Garnet had just sat down at a table in the corner of the all-too-crowded cafeteria when you saw her walking in your general direction. Tall and curvy, with the most beautiful curly hair dyed pastel pink. A walking goddess. Aphrodite in the flesh.

“Earth to Pearl,” Garnet said, tapping you on the shoulder. You hadn’t even noticed you’d been staring.

“S-sorry. It’s just…”

“That girl.”

“Yeah. She’s gorgeous, Garnet.”

Garnet simply smiled. “You could try approaching her instead of staring, you know.”

“No! I’d just get nervous!”

“Then allow me to do you a favor.” She cupped her hands around her mouth and called out, “You, with the pink hair!”

You recoiled physically at that, feeling your face turn beet red as Garnet shouted. It shouldn’t have come as too much of a surprise--while she had grown quite confident in herself in the years since sixth grade, the fact was that one thing she still didn’t have much of was tact. (She seemed pretty convinced she was fine in that department, and it wasn’t like you were much better, but the point remained.)

Still, even if it shouldn’t have been a surprise, it was, and it wasn’t a surprise you were happy with.

“Garnet, what the hell was that?” you hissed as quietly as possible, simultaneously upset with her, embarrassed, and completely terrified.

“A favor,” she repeated, smirking.

“I can’t deal with this,” you muttered. “If she acknowledges me, I’ll die of embarrassment.” You buried your face in your hands as if that would hide you, as if she wouldn’t see you at all.

“Pearl. Look.”

You looked up, and there she was. There she was, standing right by your table.

“That’s a voice I’ve never heard before,” she laughed. Oh God, even her voice was beautiful. “You’re new, aren’t you? I’ve never seen either of you, either.”

Garnet blushed at the comment, defensive. “I know I have an accent--”

“No, no, that’s not what I meant at all! I just hadn’t heard your voice, that’s all.”

“Oh.” Garnet paused. “Yes, we’re freshmen.”

“I thought so. Do you mind if I sit with you? I just love meeting all the new kids!”

Garnet grinned at you. “We don’t mind at all.”

She sat down next to Garnet, and looked right at you. “You’re a quiet one, huh?”

“I...uhh...um…” you stammered, unable to get any actual words out. How could you, with someone as radiant as her sitting right across from you?

“You don’t have to talk if you don’t want to.” She cupped her chin in her hands. “My name is Rose.”

“Garnet. And that’s Pearl. She’s a bit shy, that’s all.”

Technically, Garnet wasn’t lying. You were shy. And really, you were grateful that Garnet didn’t tell the full truth.

“Y-yeah. Sorry.”

Rose laughed again. “You don’t need to apologize, Pearl.”

“Thank you. I, um, I like your hair.”

“I like yours! Is it natural?”

“Yeah.” Your face went hot again--this was a dream come true, in many ways, but you couldn’t help but feel just as nervous as you’d feared you would.

She was being so nice, and you couldn’t help but wonder when the other shoe was going to drop.

(It never did.)

“So,” she said, “tell me about yourself.”

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. Acey

[​IMG]
    Laid down the flags for my Pride drawing today! Hopefully I can finish the rest of the coloring ASAP!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  16. Nobody's Home

w359 1.png w359 2.png w359 3.png

• Agree x 1
  17. aetherGeologist

legs.jpg
    some artists build up their paintings carefully, layer by layer.

I am not one of those artists.

• Like x 3
  18. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

You have been visited by the Craft Jellyfish of Regret. May you always have the time and the sense not to start new projects when still exhausted from the last.

DSC_0196.JPG

• Like x 6
  19. Nobody's Home

20. aetherGeologist

lips096.jpg
    tried inking traditionally for once

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice