SHOW YOURSELF! (The Obligatory Pics Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

2. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

dunno if there's a more topical thread for this; if there is, please let me know and I'll post over there. but I need a haircut soon, and I was wondering if any of y'all had any ideas aside from my usual (3/8th inch on sides and back, general sort of trim-y thing on top). I'm also open to coloring suggestions! although I probably should note that in certain lights my hair has a reddish cast to which these pictures are not really doing justice. and here are said pictures, so you have a bit of an idea what you're working with:
    IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG

so yeah, please lemme know if you have any thoughts!

• Like x 9
  3. Buzz the sides? As for color... I'm thinking tips here but green might look nice, especially a mint or forest green. Blue and white together would also look pretty cool but I think I might be thinking like I can just paint you digitally to look a certain way now, that's actually kind of complicated.

• Like x 1
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

wait wtf you're cute as heck why didn't i know this

• Like x 3
  5. esotericPrognosticator

3/8ths inch is buzzing the sides, more or less; it's just a fairly long buzz. or did you mean, like, super-close-to-the-head buzz? also, what do you mean by tips—like, I know you mean the tips of my hair, but what color were you thinking? and yeah, blue and white (or even a green) would be super tricky—you'd have to bleach the hell outta your hair to get white (and even then you can only get close), and it would immediately start yellowing, and the blue and/or green would probably fade to a weird color, and that's not to mention roots. :/ (I had red hair for a while, then platinum blonde; the red faded to orange, then grew roots, and the blond yellowed but looked alright with roots. kinda intentional.) so yeah, I was thinking more colors that would fade fairly well, but your tips idea is really cool! no worrying about roots there.

'cause you haven't seen any pictures of me before? why are you acting surprised, though? :P thanks, though, I am very flattered!

6. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

awwwwwwwww, you are a cute!

• Like x 1
  7. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

My thoughts are twofold. First, this level of cute is totally unauthorized and almost certainly illegal. Second, I feel like an intense orange would suit you, and fade into something like red-tinged blonde. Something like a Seth Green kind of look, but less grungy.

• Like x 2
  8. blue

blue hightown funk you up

oh yeah, I buzz the sides of my head to 3/8"! it is pleasantly fuzzy.. although it grows out to an intolerable length pretty fast.

fwiw, I've got much darker hair than you and I bleached it, dyed it semi-permanently blue and let it fade, and I thought the colors it passed through on its way back to blond were pretty cool - lemme grab a couple pictures.

• Like x 1
  9. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@esotericPrognosticator This old post is just all the colors I've done:
    Here are some of the blue mostly washed out:
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

.. this is not to say you should dye your hair blue if you don't want to, obviously. :P I mostly got carried away wistfully thinking of its blueness.. I'm keeping it blonde until Halloween for costume reasons!

• Like x 7
  10. esotericPrognosticator

:U this means a lot coming from the canonical Most Cute! thanks!

look, I am just a rule breaker. it is my nature. far be it from me to pay attention to the supposed boundaries of "cuteness legality." (thank you, that is a really nice compliment!) also, yeah, from my quick Google of Seth Green I'm liking that idea! my previous run-in with red hair looked really nice for a couple of weeks and then turned, like, bright brassy orange, though, so I'm slightly leery of light oranges at this point. although I think a subtle reddish tint would be nice? like, auburn? would that require the mythical "highlights" or what?

oh my gosh yes those are super cool colors!!! wow. congrats on your hair, excellent taste in dyes and styling, and also incidentally on your face. :) dunno if I want to go that radical, though—cool as those look, I'm afraid super bright unnatural colors would not aid my already questionable ability to pass. maybe I'm just catastrophizing about that, though?

• Like x 3
  11. in my experience, if there's any doubt on the part of the people trying to figure out what gender you are, brightly-colored hair will make them lean in the direction of 'girl-type-person' or, maybe, 'gay boy' depending on how well you pass otherwise. super anecdotal, tho! unless the whole of your mental wellbeing rests on how well you pass i'd just do whatever the fuck i wanted and figure the rest out later if i where you 8)

• Like x 1
  12. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

Anecdata: I've noticed myself thinking I look way more femme since dying my bangs!

tbh tho I didn't pass that well anyway and rly don't care what randos think I am. Just that the people I know respect who I am. If I'm a boy/girl/neither with winged eyeliner and magenta hair, I'm a boy/girl/neither with winged eyeliner and magenta hair.

• Like x 1
  13. Maybe? I actually have no idea what a 3/8 buzz looks like.

So I'm biased in this because I like saturated, unnatural colors but I had a friend who tried to put blue in his originally brown but dyed black hair. He messed up and ended up with a patch that was blond, green and blue. I thought it was awesome even though he was embarrased by it. As it faded it went blue->green->blond.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by your question about tips, I mentioned which colors I thought would look good.

I dunno about catastrophizing, but it seems to be a little bit of a negligable effect. To me unnatural dyed hair reads nonbinary if anything, but I know my perceptions are not universal.

• Like x 2
  14. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

[​IMG]
    oh god the fatigue is real. but since cosplay can't happen this con bc so much shit happened that costume ain't done, I decided to stitch a crow to a headband to make it easier to be found if anyone's lookin' for me, like in the little logo from the commission post. barring something breaking, I'm gonna go to Matsuri-con and try my best not to fall over and die tomorrow with Nate, because I HAVE WANTED TO GO FOR A LONG TIME AND I AM NOT GONNA LET LIFE BASH ME IN THE KNEECAPS. (it still might, my knees are bad, but I WANNA. :FUSSY BABY NOISES:)

• Like x 17
  15. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

• Like x 2
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

@TheMockingCrows v cute and now you're reminding me of an RO character because there's a lot of hats in the game like your crow headband!

17. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

:Oc RO? I'm not familiar with that I think. But that's cool to know and think about!

18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Ragnarok Online, an old Korean MMORPG and a favorite of mine. (I met my partner while playing, so it has an extra special place in my heart.)

• Like x 1
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

aaaaaaaaaanother full month of selfies omg

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 9
  20. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

And more

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice