SHOW YOURSELF! (The Obligatory Pics Thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Ah, between-the-legs dysphoric feelings my favorite ....

2. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

*hugs*
    at least we're in the same metaphorical boat (sort of)
    seriously where is that swapping tech?

3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I got a haircut so now when I push my glasses up my hair does The Thing

Photo on 3-13-15 at 7.02 PM.jpg

Also I don't look awful in this picture, if you ignore the fact that I look tired as hell

• Like x 5
  4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Nice face :)

5. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

• Like x 3
  6. Morven

You seem to be good at faces :D

• Like x 1
  7. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

Thank you! It's an inherited trait x]

8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  9. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I remembered that I actually have a bunch of pretty neat pictures on my facebook so here have a dumb picture dump. Most of these are older than a year, so my hair is a lot longer, but that's about the only significant difference except maybe for a little bit of weight gain.
    These first ones are from a holiday in Cornwall I took with one of my best friends.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (appropriately captioned on facebook with 'AHAW HAW HAW')
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (I really like the beach. Rarely get to go, though.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] (RIDE, my pretties!)
    A couple of months after Cornwall, me and the same friend hiked Hadrian's Wall. Mostly. When we didn't take the bus because we were tired...
    [​IMG] (this was the first place we stayed. I miss those trousers. They were rags by the end of the walk)
    [​IMG]
    This one is, geez, like five years old now- from my first year at uni when I still regularly wore contact lenses. That's a Bloody Mary I'm drinking. First proper alcoholic beverage, bar Pimm's. I still regularly wear that hoodie though.
    [​IMG]
    I sort of cosplayed Sister Finland from Scandinavia And The World once for Halloween!
    [​IMG]
    It snowed a little during my third year at uni.
    [​IMG]
    And this is my dapper outfit. This is at the same house as the previous picture, just, you know, indoors. Hair looks funny because it was wet.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 6
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

20150315_091646.jpg

Turnways car selfie!

We're going to an Irish-language mass in honor of St. Patrick's Day (it's held the Sunday before every year), so I wore my green plugs, a green tee (under my wonderful fuzzy bat sweater), and my "sheepy hat" (a Donegal sheep's wool cap, purchased for me by my mom when she went to Ireland a few summers back).

Mostly I'm just going because my parents are getting Indian food after, though. How could I miss out on that, seriously?

• Like x 4
  11. TwoBrokenMirrors

You can't, it's physically impossible.

• Like x 2
  12. Acey

Exactly.

Plus, good Indian food is tragically lacking in my area (we have nearly every other cuisine in spades, so that's extra-sad), so it's kind of a rare treat for me. The mass is "over the hill" (as Santa Cruz locals call the San Jose area--the main thoroughfare connecting the areas, Highway 17, goes over a large hill, so if someone in the Santa Cruz area says they're going over the hill, they mean they're heading somewhere in Santa Clara County), and the church it's at is walking distance from a really fantastic Indian place, so my folks always go there after the Irish mass. C:

13. TwoBrokenMirrors

@Acey
    Indian food is, from what I have worked out, a lot more common over here in the UK than it is in the US, but I haven't had it in forever either because the place we used to get it became crappy and I don't go to restaurants alone. >< we have supermarket indian takeaways sometimes but they're not the ssaaaamme.

14. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I got to hang out with @wes scripserat yesterday and it was awesome. we went to go see a play

2015-03-15.jpg

• Like x 7
  15. Acey

I remember going to an amazing Indian place in London when I visited England at the age of twelve. Best naan I've ever had!

I'be definitely heard that Brits adore Indian food, in any case. I'm guessing it has to do with the British colonization of India but I might be wrong.

16. TwoBrokenMirrors

I wouldn't be surprised, we did spend a lot of time over there. And when i looked my house up on JustEat, there were more Indian places that'd deliver that any other kind of place. xP
    (...we ended up getting Chinese though. ;P)

• Like x 2
  17. Morven

And then all the Indians who came to Britain either in WW2 or immediately after to work, and their families since.

• Like x 1
  18. TwoBrokenMirrors

Yes, that too. That's probably the more important bit.

19. Morven

That's why most of the Irish population in England are there too, like my mom's parents who came over during WW2 for well-paying armaments factory jobs.

• Like x 2
  20. TwoBrokenMirrors

I really do not know enough about modern history. Ancient has always been my speciality. xP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice