So Homestuck ended and now I'm angry.

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Apr 13, 2016.

1. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

Basically, yeah. It's good for some cute, adorable filler stuff a la the flashforward we got in the Act 7 animation, and hey, maybe Hussie will pull some short snap animations out of his hat. Utilizing a new medium is cool, too. But seeing stuff like Can Town being built isn't substantial enough for me to get excited about :smithsad:

• Like x 3
  2. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Aughgphlamvna okay so Rose and Kanaya get married (which is GREAT, I am HAPPY for them, I will gladly DANCE at their wedding) but Dave and Karkat just get to stand next to each other some more? Are they together? Were they ever together? Did Dave freak out so bad about coming out to John that he and Karkat are resigned to standing awkwardly in the same general vicinity for all eternity? For that matter what's up with Dirk and Jake, did they get back together? They're having giant robot fights, are giant robot fights gay now? Is that the code?

Rosemary gets an on-screen wedding and even Roxy<>Callie got a medium-clear confirmation image but all the dudes have to go and sit in the corner with their informed gayness. This is like Homestuck if it was written by Dan fucking Shive.

• Like x 8
  3. Lady Kianna

Lady Kianna Seer of Void.

Yeah we got lesbefriends but not the gay. :C
    Hussie we demand the gay! C'MON!

• Like x 1
  4. coldstars

John breaking the phone at the end and ending the Homesnap when Caliborn starts to encroach on it is probably meant to indicate another break from the predetermined narrative but IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY WORK SORRY HUSSIE YOU STILL HAVEN'T SHOWN YOUR WORK

• Like x 3
  5. Petra

Petra space case

Wait where do we see their wedding?

6. TheSeer

... the thing with the... um, have you seen today's update? I suspect you haven't seen today's update, or haven't watched it to the end.

7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

And like. What about Gamzee? Does he have to stay with Caliborn FOREVER? And it would be forever because he's immortal.

• Like x 1
  8. Petra

Petra space case

OH THERE'S A VIDEO.

I'm actually really liking it. :D

9. Petra

Petra space case

Didn't Gamzee become part of Lord English the same way Caliborn is part of Lord English?

• Like x 1
  10. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

There is still the epilogue.

• Like x 1
  11. Petra

Petra space case

Like a lot of plot points were resolved insatisfactorily but I'm. Really happy just letting these kids be kids who are also happy and now adults, who are happy? They were under so much pressure. It is nice to let them rest. I'm cryong, sorry.

• Like x 2
  12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

AND ALSO. What happened to the planet? Like, this is apparently taking place on the drowned Earth, I guess, but what about the planet they made?

(also technically that would mean you're on earth B, not Earth C, John.)

(I hope that the frog they made is OK. That it has its own unique species, and will live well.)

• Like x 2
  13. coldstars

I wish this was a tumblr post so I could reblog it a million times. All this delicious fluff is happening, but I can't enjoy it properly because it all still feels so ominous and wrong, just like the build up panels from the end of Act 6 before the massive letdown

Skipping past the entire development of their new civilization feels like an unintentional metaphor for them skipping past the entire meat of what Act 6 and 7 should have been, and I'm very tired

• Like x 6
  14. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I agree the fucking dialog was always the best bit. That and the music, but the music can't carry the story alone.

I'm glad they get to be happy but I wish it felt more earned.

• Like x 4
  15. Petra

Petra space case

IDK, I think they pretty well earned it. I wish it felt more resolved but I'm okay with the narrative being somewhat unsatisfying if the characters can be happy, which I think is the point Hussie is trying to make. Sorry I;m being dumb.

• Like x 2
  16. The Frood Abides

I don't think you're being dumb! This is a super subjective thing, after all.

17. Petra

Petra space case

And... there is definitely a stinger of plot at the end, like the feeling that things aren't totally resolved is super deliberate I think.

• Like x 4
  18. TheSeer

No he's not, Gamzee never went god tier, he just has homemade purple pyjamas and a lot of hit points. But yeah, that was messed up. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is actually worse than leaving him in the fridge, at least that was kind of an admission by Hussie that he treated the character shittily.

• Like x 5
  19. The Frood Abides

I should clarify: I think the kids for sure earned it. They've been through hell ten times over. I just don't feel like Hussie or Homestuck earned it, on a narrative level.

• Like x 7
  20. Petra

Petra space case

Okay. Clarify?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice