So this is what the kids call "relateable"? - Osomatsu-San

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Void, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Who's your favorite matsu?

1. Osomatsu

15.4%
  2. Karamatsu

15.4%
  3. Choromatsu

7.7%
  4. Ichimatsu

23.1%
  5. Jyushimatsu

30.8%
  6. Todomatsu

7.7%
  1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

please dear god someone else have watched this anime the last episode was hilarious but also now i'm kind of worried there won't be anymore please let this just be the season end aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

also who is your favorite matsu?

• Like x 1
  2. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

I'm emotionally compromised by the whiplash between last episode and this episode?? On the one hand that ep was hilarious but on the OTHER if this is the end of the series that was a really, really weird way to end it?? Like SUPER weird?

Also I might as well change my sub heading to "Karamatsu girl" at this point tbh

3. Void

THE WHIPLASH WAS SO HARD JUST AAA

but not totally unexpected, the show is... really fucking weird and it feels in line with their damn shenanigans.

HAHA karamatsu is excellent. I'm so terrible at picking, I love them all. They're my trash sons.

4. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

Yeah it really does. Lots of people were all "well Idk how theyre gonna continue the show after this because of the character development" and then...baseball. But it's still super fun to imagine all the ways things could've gone, uh, a bit less out of left field if you will pardon the baseball.

ALL the bros are perfect but honestly if i had to choose one to like. interact with it'd be karamatsu.

5. Void

I'd probably hang with Ichimatsu. We can lay around in a room filled with cats and be sad.

There def were probably less random ways to end it, but it still felt in line with the show and I'm glad. I almost felt weird when they had any character development like no why this??

6. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

Ichi is also wonderful and it's a very difficult choice to make between a bunch of terrible man children

It def felt in line w the show and I cant be TOO mad about it because it was hilarious. I spent the last week thinking up other, more depressing ways to end the show (that may or may not have been influenced by ships) and this was pretty delightful

7. Void

It was pretty damn funny. I know I did flat out laugh at some parts. I'm always so SAD THERE ARE NOT MORE PEOPLE I KNOW WATCHING THIS SHOW IT IS EXCELLENT

I just relate to them all so much. I am also a terrible man child.

8. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

ITS SO GOOD and SUPER RELATABLE and also a word of warning to anyone who might watch it: if you get easily attached to shitty characters, welcome to hell

the best hell

• Like x 1
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i really liked that they kept a lot of the jokes and the overall feel similar to the original manga (osomatsu kun) but also gave it some fresh and modern things so it didn't absolutely alienate everyone. it's like the perfect balance.

i like all the matsus but i like jyushi best because there have been a handful of scenes where he was blatantly not okay and he just pushed through and made himself okay (and the few times he didn't), because he wasn't sure how else to cope, and that was super relatable. also i have a thing for absurdist humor :p

• Like x 1
  10. Void

Jyushi is a cinnamon roll tbh. i love him a lot.

The absurdist humor is always my thing, and honestly there was always something in every episode that made me SMILE at least, if not get a chuckle, which is more than I usually do. Even when I find things funny.

I def found one of my favorite episodes to be the race for who gets to be the main character. It was the right level of meta and ridiculous just ugh. good shit

the balance between old and new was fucking perfect. the whole show just. perfect. good shit. it's just so fucking relateable to people my age damn it i can't even help it

• Like x 1
  11. Void

also: anyone else seen the radio plays? they're on youtube with subs! good stuff

12. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

i havent posted in here much bc i thought that id get out of the fandom but then some of the other drama cds dropped (looking at you, osochoro cd) and im right back square in this hell ive created for myself

also: some people on my twitter have been going through the -kun episodes, and it turns out that the -san series did not have nearly as much absurdist humor as that one did, my god

• Like x 1
  13. Void

man i really need to watch the -kun series i've been lazy as hell though ugh

i need to listen to the osochoro cd, i wonder if there's a subbed version on youtube...

14. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

the osochoro cd, judging by the snippets we got as preview, sure looks like...........a cd....

i mean the creators Definitely know what audience theyre aiming at, ill give them that

#this is not to imply that i will not be listening to it with delight #just like the jyushichoro one....

15. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

jsyk there have been Hints that a second season is coming. So, all that character development stuff might actually come back, which would be nice.

I couldn't possibly choose a favorite Matsu, but I can't help but relate to Ichi. Sadness+cats+struggling to deal with people+secretly admiring Karamatsu=same dude, same.

• Like x 1
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

my fav is Totty. I just. Sneaky youngest sibling is my jam, he's so faux-cute when being horrible and it's lovely. i feel him.

I just. I really love this series. I binge watched it like three weeks ago and now i'm watching it again.

• Like x 2
  17. Void

i like how no one likes osomatsu

• Like x 2
  18. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

I love it too. I honestly relate to the brothers so much... I think of Osomatsu-San as the anime for jobless 20something millennials who live with their parents and feel like failures.
    (And people who love polyshipping.)

I do like Osomatsu! But I guess he didn't grab my attention because he kinda feels like the basic form of Matsu. Like, he's Eevee and the others are all Eevee's evolved forms. Vanilla Matsu. The chicken flavor Maruchan ramen of Matsu. Matsu Classic. I could go on but I'm just having fun with analogies at this point. I really do like him a lot.

• Like x 1
  19. Void

Honestly I do like Osomatsu too, he's kind of a huge turd and a total douche but I can't say his brothers are any better LOL

20. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I love them all, like, how can you not?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice