Sol's "Just Do It" Art ETSY Party (pt.2, the Sequel)

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Sol, Jun 9, 2016.

1. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

By the prints, what do you mean? Do you have access to any data files with facsimilies of your prints? Go to Staples, today, and specifically request satin for nonglossy images and semigloss for glossy ones. Glossy is Satan's Sweaty Buttcheeks level shiny. They have same day printing for a lot of things, two day for large pieces.

2. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

yeah i have the files but i don't have the money for another run of prints. a friend of mine helped contact the printers and they're arriving by courier in time for the show but like, ON the day which means i'm going to have to buy frames and things totally blind. aaaaaah

3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

How did everything turn out?

4. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

hey i'm WIPED and i'll do a proper update at some point but tl;dr it all turned out ok in the end it was boring and tiring but overall i think it went okay!

• Like x 3
  5. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

ALRIGHT so basically.

The art show was good and went well. It was busier than I thought it would be but it was mostly local foot traffic and not people there to spend money. My work was very obviously different to everyone elses being the only digital artist there but I mostly got compliments about it so. Shrugs. I didn't sell any prints but I sold most of the stickers which isn't much money but it's better than nothing.

I'm not sure I'd do that particular event again but we'll see where I am next year.

I'm also working on opening an etsy store for my sticker designs/tshirt designs ect to move my stuff away from redbubble's money eating hell. Should I put my canvas prints from the show up there or should I keep them around in case I do it next time?

Gonna change the title of this thread and re purpose it so I'm not clogging up the place.

• Like x 3
  6. Emma

Glad to hear it went well :) Too bad you weren't able to sell any prints. Better luck next time!

7. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

Yeah it's a bummer! But it wasn't just me, I think it's pretty common to not sell a lot at the fair bc it's more of a local community thing. I know my booth buddy had similar issues (sold a couple of cards but didn't sell any of his frankly gorgeous watercolours) but i'm not sure about everyone else.

8. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

9. omg i'm gonna buy the bunnies when i have cash moneys

(they look kinda like english lops omg)

• Like x 1
  10. Emma

Those are adorable :)

11. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

Thank you!!

im also looking at doing conventions but hmmm hmmmMMM im not sure what ones? also a lot of my fan stuff is homestuck so. shrugs

12. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

i've got new stuff on my etsy and my commission queue is open and i'd really appreciate if ppl could signal boost my tumblr post about it!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice