Some Characters Walk Into A Bar, Pan Fandom RP II (OOC)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

There was an idea for another Pan-fandom RR, possibly based in a bar?
    Discuss:

2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Not just any bar. I want characters to walk into a bear.

But not jokey answer, bars are popular rp settings for a reason. People go out for food, booze, and socializing, and have plenty of opportunity to meet people they otherwise wouldn't.

• Like x 1
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Mind you walking into a bear will ensure that something interesting happens....

My mom and I have a long standing RP set in a transdimensional bar. We´d just need a bar, and maybe a
    bartender. I think it would be best if said bar is not from any fandom, so it´s not skewed towards that fandom.

• Like x 2
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I have a Character Problem and heartily approve of any walk-in RP I can throw them at. A lot of them are non-fandom OCs, I can offer a few potential bartenders if nobody has better. Less sure about the actual bar, but I can throw ideas at the wall to see what sticks?

• Like x 2
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

This could be fun! It'd be especially nice for it to be more of an enter-when-you-feel-like-it setting, since that's usually what I find easiest in group RPs. Plot-heavy stuff is great, but a more relaxed environment is easier for me to keep up with, personally!

(triumphant return of ronaldo y/y)

6. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

may i offer kastor auberlane as the bouncer :D

• Like x 6
  7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

A bartender would be very appreciated, the only character I would have had would have come with her own, fandom attached, bar. ...Kastor would be the grouchiest bouncer wouldn´t he? Now i really want him to meet jägermonsters.

8. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Can I void kitties?
    Also my ten billion ocs

• Like x 2
  9. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I'd love to bring Nat in

• Like x 2
  10. blue

blue hightown funk you up

This sounds fun! I'd have a much easier time with a low-commitment type of RP - I want to join one of the complicated plotty ones, but I have to gather my courage and energy first.

• Like x 1
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

You guys are definitely welcome.

How about a bar that has always been there, on that little side street/that point of the road/edge of the town, even though it definitely wasn´t there before?

• Like x 3
  12. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Ooh, that reminds me of Soul Music. (My first thought was the Magic Shop books but no, the whole point of that is that people are surprised by its sudden appearance - it doesn't have the retroactively-being-there angle.) But random book associations aside, that sounds like an excellent idea. Is there a bartender/NPCs in general? Does anyone in particular want to run it? And so on.

13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Well @Lazarae offered a bartende,r and we have kastor for a bouncer. Voidkitties will be there to provide cute.

14. Lazarae

Should the bar itself be kind of old-timey charm or more modern?

15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

How about weird-jumble-of.times charm? Posters in fancy pants frames, gaslamps but also modern music equipment and high tech stuff.
    Any drink you can name. Any drink.

16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

pan galactic gargle blaster

• Like x 5
  17. Lazarae

Cool, then I can use Riya without her being too out of place. Or she'll be charmingly out of place instead of badly.

Dinogeddon Riya.jpg

I've posted the doll in the dressup games thread. She's very modern, a musician but probably swapped to bartending so she can look after her son. That or she can trade off with another bartender if someone else wants the role. One of those people who pretty obviously has a bad past (she actually likes wearing clothes that show off her collection of scars) but doesn't seem that bothered by it. It helps that she's missing a little over a year of her memory, when she got most of them. Good interdimensional bartender material though; sympathetic but takes approximately zero shit, full of advice (though of varying quality), and very social without being overbearing.

• Like x 1
  18. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Do the characters have to be magic?
    Cause I have have a waiter and his boyfriend

19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I don´t think so. The idea is pan fandom, so all characters ought to be welcome.

• Like x 3
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

@Lazarae I´m planning on writing up an intro post, is there any kind of deco Riya would put up in the bar?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice