Some Characters Walk Into A Bar, Pan Fandom RP II (OOC)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Dec 12, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Also I just realized Almera is going to show back up on her ship like

Almera: Oh hey Alcy, I got pastries! ...and children.
    Alcyone: What.

• Like x 3
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

yessssssssss
    that's the best way to show up!
    Meanwhile, Leah's texting her friends like "hey, got adopted by an interdimensional police officer, hoping this family will be better than last two! will visit!"

3. KarrinBlue

...So can you do world stuff, because I don't know anything about that setting.

Also are Leah and her brother magic at all? I know you mentioned supernatural stuff, but.

...Actually we could probably start a new thread just for retrieval business. Avoid clogging up the bar thread with things not in the bar.

• Like x 1
  4. emythos

Yeah, of course. Their section of the world is pretty normal, because the monsters going after them (well, Leah in specific) can't manifest outside of people's heads except in specific areas/circumstances. Most of the supernatural stuff is unlikely to come right out and bother anyone (except the candy zombies, but they don't exist yet at this point.)

Nope, they aren't. (Leah ends up supernatural in canon after, uh, dying. But she got saved from that mess, yay!)

Sure, if you want! I was figuring the retrieval could probably go relatively smoothly, because I wasn't sure what we'd be doing.

5. KarrinBlue

Ah, OK. Wasn't sure if you wanted to make a scene of anything or not.

6. emythos

I'm tired right now, so basically, I figure saying it happened, and then playing it later if we want to is probably a good bet.

7. KarrinBlue

Alrighty.

• Like x 1
  8. emythos

I'm sorry if that's not a good solution

9. KarrinBlue

No, it's fine! Just can you make the post of them coming back with the younger brother? So that I can get an idea of him.

Though making that post can definitely wait for tomorrow :)

10. emythos

Yeah, no problem!
    I'll do that in the morning, cause it's midnight over here XD

11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

... Wow, that's a lot to catch up to. You know what, Dom stopped paying attention for a few seconds and now it's several hours later and he's wearing different clothes. (Avatar creator pic coming up soon)

• Like x 3
  12. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Happens to the best of us

• Like x 2
  13. KarrinBlue

Oh yeah one last thing about nanoha - in the first season, there is a very abusive character who's a parent.

She's the main villain and the mother of Fate, the deuteragonist. She is clearly physically and emotionally abusive to her NINE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. thing is, her daughter the nine year old she never... really gets closure on that, I don't know? She's always offering forgiveness to her mother, even when it's clear it's not worth it, and - well, ten years later she still considers precia her mother and when the first movie happens (the nanoha movies exist in universe as biopics that the main characters have some influence on) Fate is said to have pushed for her mother to be shown more sympathetically. It doesn't tone down what she did but it does try and show WHY she did it

...there's a lot going on and I don't know whether it'd be triggering for people. It's been a while since I watched, so maybe it's handled pretty well but if anyone watches the show I just wanted them to be forewarned.

Eta: Though in the end the victim of the abusive character gets adopted by a loving mother and ends up adopting her own children (and when the villain who knew her abuser tries to tell her that she'll end up being just as bad a parent as her mother was her kids tell him to shut up and get her back on her feet motivation-wise.)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    • Like x 2
  14. emythos

@KarrinBlue
    I'm not sure if you're busy or just didn't get the notification, but I posted.

15. KarrinBlue

Ah, thanks

• Like x 1
  16. blue

blue hightown funk you up

was my having Berit point out that Kastor's earring is a diamond entirely due to the hope that it would confuse and alarm @Nacre? .. moooostly.

• Like x 3
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pfff. Also I must to bed like, an hour ago but will post tomorrow!

• Like x 1
  18. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

just tossing this question out there: would it be less confusing and/or more fun if i made a sub-sub for the bar rp that can have multiple threads in it?

on the one hand, that's kind of the standard lj/dw/etc method, tried and tested, works fine. and the conversations are pretty hard to sort out right now. but on the other hand, everyone is kind of... in the same room... all at once... so it would be a cacaphony of simultaneous coversations.

• Like x 2
  19. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I kind of like the ability to cross over from conversation to nearby conversation, plus the fact that if something eye-catching happened everybody would react to it at the same time, you know? I wouldn't mind a subforum for if people split off on adventures in one of their worlds (like Almeira and co might) or if people are, idk, going into back rooms or something (???) but I personally like the one thread for the main Bar convo.

• Like x 3
  20. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I think that's about right. One thread for the bar proper, other threads for other thing in the "Bar-verse" so to speak.

Also
    well it certainly worked, jeez

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice