Some Characters Walk Into A Bar, Pan Fandom RP II (OOC)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Dec 12, 2015.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i woke up because hungry, and as i am snacking, i want to share with you all the brilliance i came up with in my half-asleep: when kastor needs to throw out someone fighty, especially if they have a bladed weapon of some kind, what he approaches them with is a silver pitcher of water.

he can throw water on them to distract them from attacking someone else. if they attack him, he can catch the point of their weapon in the empty pitcher long enough to disarm them. if it comes to the worst, he can bonk them over the head with it. and in the best case scenario, where they want to calm down, he can pour them a nice glass of water and sit down to listen to them fuss themselves out.

in case it ever becomes relevant: after he's been carrying it around a bit, the water becomes slightly holy versus ghosts and vampires and whatnot. he doesn't do it on purpose. it just sorta happens. it's not his fault his dad is his world's hades-equivalent. :D

ok now i have had nachos and am going back to bed good night again.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Like x 8
  3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

oh shit, what's a period-accurate understanding of digestion? I guess the progress of science in dragon age might have been aided by magic... like.. she probably knows what a STOMACH is, but given that in our world everyone was still arguing about mechanical vs chemical digestion in, like, the 1820s...

• Like x 1
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Mina: Was born in the 1730s. learned medicine in the 1740s-50s. She has been updating her knowledge but mostly in areas like surgery/ injuries. She knows a bit about poisons because she is venomous and some things can give even jägermonsters trouble.

5. jacktrash

kastor: was raised by a shaman who could sometimes do healing magic sort of, then joined a mercenary army in the heyday of massed fire formations and ridiculously gaudy uniforms

[​IMG]

his total knowlege of medicine is basically "if they dip the stump in hot pitch you might not get gangrene." he is super fascinated by all these ultra high tech people who know which organ digests the food!

• Like x 3
  6. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Katters: went to medschool in the 2000s, knows anything I can dredge up from the internet — I mean, whatever she can remember from her schoolins

• Like x 1
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Riaa: grew up on the streets and then got guard jobs, after which she got a new job and picked up useful bits of field medicine.

• Like x 2
  8. palindromordnilap

Dom was a psychiatrist for a while, but in a setting with Call of Cthulhu-style sanity stats.

9. jacktrash

should this kas be from a stage in his life where he knows his dad is the god of the dead? i think it would be funny, but i don't wanna mary sue it up too bad.

10. blue

I say go for it! it sounds fun :D

@berit just asking a ton of probing questions in sequence doesn't work as well outside of a dragon age game, lol

• Like x 1
  11. blue

p.s. @jacktrash I hear your brain is much rn, so don't feel pressured to respond quickly or anything :P I'm sure someone can find a reason to jump in if Kastor doesn't answer.

• Like x 1
  12. blue

APPARENTLY I NEED TO GO TO SLEEP BECAUSE I POSTED THAT WITH THE WRONG SUBACCOUNT *TWICE*

13. jacktrash

14. jacktrash

remind me: is nat the invisible one?

15. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Yes

Sorry for not replying sooner, I fell asleep

16. palindromordnilap

Upping the OOC thread along with the main one.
    Anyway, here's a picture of Dom, with updated clothing, from one of those avatar creator games:
    dom2.png
    He looks much younger than that, though. Stopped physically aging at 11 or so.
    Edit: I apparently posted a similar but different picture before. I deleted the previous post if anyone's confused, because that one is a bit closer.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Like x 4
  17. jacktrash

kastor: yes technically i'm a demigod but does my son ever get birthday presents from his grandfather? *harrumphs*

• Like x 4
  18. jacktrash

oops, i probably would've had kas talk a bit differently if i'd realized he was talking to a kid who looks his son's age. oh well, dom doesn't talk like a kid.

• Like x 1
  19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Has anyone heard fron @Lazarae at all? And if not, what are we gonna do about the bartender?

20. jacktrash

they haven't posted since february. i have no clue!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice