Some Characters Walk Into A Bar, Pan Fandom RP II (OOC)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Probably a few of her old tour posters in with the modern stuff (but not too many, she doesn't wanna look too vain) and some of Francisco Goya's weirder and/or darker paintings around the more old timey areas.

• Like x 1
  2. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I vote the one of kronos eating his baby if we're talking Goya. I think that was Goya, anyway. =P

• Like x 2
  3. Lazarae

Late answer but yep! That's Goya. It's from the Black Paintings, which were how I was introduced to his work (that painting in particular actually). The Black Paintings are his most dark and weird works, he painted them on his walls before he died, but his works during the Peninsular War were pretty powerful. The Third of May 1808 is one of his other famous ones that's been riffed on a couple times since. His sets of etchings vary from political to surreal to dark to all three.

• Like x 2
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

kastor will be a quiet constant. he'll sit by the door reading, and be very mellow and polite about checking ID's and calling taxis for folks too drunk to drive. if someone is causing a ruckus, he'll come on more like an EMT than a bouncer at first, being large and unflappable and sorta walking them through the process of collecting their shit, paying their tab, saying bye to their friends, and walking out the door.

if more is required, presumably that'll be roleplayed through. for those who aren't familiar with him, kastor auberlane is the son of a witch and a death god. he's half-immortal -- that is to say, he's extremely hard to kill, very fast and strong and durable, maybe about captain america or winter soldier levels of enhancement. he's an army veteran from a world with pike-and-musket tech level, so very familiar with hand-to-hand and bladed weapons, not so great about guns. he can detect magic and has some resistance to it, but doesn't know any spells or anything.

so basically, most characters from most fandoms and original verses would have to at least pay attention if he told them to quit causing a ruckus and go home, but he's not entirely impervious to harm.

personality-wise, he's jaded but pleasant, not very talkative, hard to offend and nearly impossible to scare. all that changes on Take Your Kid To Work Day. if his 8-year-old son is visiting, everyone had better be on their best behavior. :D

as for me as a player, i don't always check all my threads every day, so if kas is needed, someone should @ me or send me a PM or something.

• Like x 2
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have an intro post!
    @peripheral
    @Lazarae
    @jacktrash
    Please tell me if you characters cameos are ok or if theres anything OOC.

There is a bar in the quiet street you always pass on your way. It has always been there, even though yesterday that street led to a blind wall. The sign outside is too battered to read anymore, and might be watching you. You are not sure. Sometimes there is a cat sitting in front of the door. You are also not sure if it is always the same cat, though you have never seen two at the same time.

The door creaks when you open it, as if you have greatly inconvenienced it by wishing to enter, but the inside of the bar is full of warm welcoming shadows and pools of light. The dark haired man sitting near the door nods at you. There are tables of metal that look like modern art pieces next to some that give the impression someone hammered split tree trunks together. Some chairs look like they belong in a victorian home, only they are made of acrylic, not wood.

Is that a goya painting over the bar? There is a framed tour poster next to it. The bar itself is made of polished wood, the cracks and dents of which have been filled in with softly glowing, bluish resin. It matches the bartenders hair.

You look at the Menu. It simply says "Everything."

• Like x 6
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Ooh, I'm interested too. I don't have fandom OCs (well, at least one of them is for the PPC, but it's a self-insert), but I have a handful of original universe/no setting OCs that I could use.
    Still can't pick a name for all but two (including the self-insert whose name is based on my PPC Board handle) of them, but hey, who cares.

Edit: Wait, there's one other character for a Minecraft server who has the same name as the self-insert, things could get interesting.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  7. jacktrash

• Like x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Basically everyone is welcome, I want it to be open. So yes, come in!

Some rules, which are very much up for discussion:

Don´t be a dick. This means don´t godmod, talk to other players before you do anything drastic that affect their characters, etc. (add here?)

If you do something that would be unacceptable in a bar, expect the exact reaction. I am going to say part of the magic of the bar is that inside it, no one is more powerful than the staff. Specifically, if they throw you out, you are thrown out no matter what sort of god or demon you are.

This should be low pressure, so if you feel a huge exciting plot coming on, you are welcome to use the bar as a starting point but take it to your own thread.

Do:

Tell stories! I think it would be cool if people could, in the format if a character telling a story, post shorter stories, maybe under spoilers for length.

Post pictures! I´m gonna say the bar looks a little different to everyone, all pictures drawn of the bar are canon. But ask before you draw other peoples characters obviously.

Be goofy! This is supposed to be fun, so light fluffy convos that might hinder plot in other Rps are encouraged.

• Like x 3
  9. Lazarae

Looks good!

@jacktrash Riya might want to set up pretty common Bring Your Kid To Work Days for Kastor because I'm thinking her son Remiel might be around more often than not. She's a single mom and Remi has a bit of Knowing that makes him a little more mature than he is so he's pretty OK with the bar setting, more than a normal kid. Him having someone to hang out with sometimes would make her way happy.

• Like x 1
  10. jacktrash

i suggest modifying the bit about getting kicked out to make it clear that you can get kicked out for rowdiness without being banned from the bar. like, being banned is different from getting thrown out?

because kastor can take somebody by the collar and be like "ok buddy, you're done, go sleep it off" when they're just roleplaying being an obnoxious drunk, rather than being a bad roleplayer. you see the difference? like it's not being a bad roleplayer in a bar rp if your character is a bit of a pill, that's what kas is here for.

• Like x 2
  11. jacktrash

sweet, i'll just handwave the thing where kas never gets to see charis in canon because he's not allowed into the country. in this verse, his ex-wife lives nearby and has him babysit sometimes. :D

• Like x 2
  12. Lazarae

Blame it on the bar's magic. :D It's made of bullshitium.

• Like x 1
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Good point!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  14. jacktrash

'the exact reaction' is kind of confusing, i'm not sure what it means.

15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Edited, hopefully better now.

• Like x 1
  16. Lazarae

Looks like you edited on the short post but not the long one, just heads up.

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Yes, I´ll make a big post of the finished version once it is finished.

• Like x 1
  18. Lazarae

Alright! I just checked the long one first and was confused.

• Like x 1
  19. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Has this started yet? 0: I'm excited and I can't find the thread if so

20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Nope, because I had critical spoon failure. I promise to get on it as soon as I find a spoon!

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice