Some Characters Walk Into A Bar, Pan Fandom RP II (OOC)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Codeless, Dec 12, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Hee, thanks. I can ramble on about the magic and elves and their various historical and political fuckups and the major players and such pretty well, though IDK how well Riaa would play the exposition fairy.

• Like x 2
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Meanwhile, Berit will ask polite questions forever and listen to any amount of lore, so feel free to cut her off. :P

3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

all the different interwoven threads of conversation get confusing. i have no idea whether anyone's addressing kastor right now or not. i wonder if we could make a habit of quoting the post we're replying to.

edit: that would also send a notification so the person you're talking to knows to come check.

• Like x 5
  4. blue

I've been quoting if there's been a post from a different thread of conversation in the meantime, but I could switch to quoting always, if it would be better?

5. jacktrash

yeah, cuz then it doesn't matter if someone ninjas you while you're typing. :D

• Like x 1
  6. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I haven't had an issue following along so far, but I can see it easily getting confusing

7. KarrinBlue

Ah, that sounds like a good idea!

8. blue

I realized Berit doesn't really know anything about Fen'Harel at all, and so am retconning her apocalypse comment to be about the orb used to start the current apocalypse. This has zero bearing on the RP, but it was bugging me. :P

Also, damn, I have no handle on her voice when I'm not presented with a set of prewritten options. :P

9. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Nat's last post was to Kastor; I forgot to hit the reply button, sorry!

10. jacktrash

the one where she says 'can i come in'? didn't he already let her in and point her at the coat rack?

11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

By the way, I'm gonna assume the bar has some kind of universal translator field or something, as Dom speaks French (AKA Common, the server's staff was lazy) and Jägers, I think, probably speak German or Romanian?
    (Of course, accents stay because, as any French roleplayer will tell you, TGCM.)

• Like x 1
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Yeah, Jägers may be speaking either of the above. And the accent is kind of a species identifier. Universal translation sounds useful.

Speaking of accents, I can translate specific Mina dialogue if asked, but translating all of it all the time is a bit of a pain. So if you don´t understand something, quote me the things you´re having trouble with and I´ll tell you what she´s saying.

13. jacktrash

i hope it does, because kastor speaks the following languages: kyri, semnian, somewhat awkward nestrian, and enough darathi to get himself in trouble but not enough to get himself out again.

in other words, no one else in the entire rp would understand a word he says if there wasn't a translation field. so i reckon it's like the tardis. :D

• Like x 5
  14. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

She's...overly cautious due to newly being a discriminated against minority. I'm pretty sure she's been tossed out of places the moment she's been noticed; she doesn't want to risk it happening again, since Kastor already knows she's there even if he does seem nice.

15. KarrinBlue

If anyone's wondering, the World's End is from the Sandman volume of the same name, and this is the coffeeshop (no I don't know why it's got that name, this series is weird.)

• Like x 2
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Katters is a delight. Liminal space portajohns.....

• Like x 2
  17. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

/me preens

Thank you

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I think. I will officially poke Merrill's head in tonight.

• Like x 2
  19. blue

@Aondeug yessss

Oo, Merrill presumably isn't in Skyhold, so that'll make Berit wonder more about the Bar's potential tactical uses.. although she'll be disappointed once she realizes it's not to /her/ universe.

Also, if you guys don't want to nail down How The Bar Works this early on, Berit's metaphysical line of questioning doesn't have to go anywhere.

20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Merrill is definitely not in Skyhold! ...nor is my inquisitor Saoirse now that I think about it. Plot? What plot? I HAVE PLANTS TO COLLECT. Anyway Merrill is in Kirkwall area so yeah. Trying to keep the elves under her lead safe from wars and horrible sky ripping open into the Fade nonsense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice