sorry i don't make the rules: ridiculous/lighthearted headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jul 17, 2016.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Not sure about 'lighthearted' but given Aiden's attachment to his phone, I'd say he probably has a bunch of photos and videos of Lena, Jacks, and Nicki on it. He listens to them when he can't sleep (which is often) and has them backed up on at least one harddrive, though he doesn't trust cloud services enough to save them there too.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Sans only actually has the one eye.
    He uses a cosmetic spell to make it seem like he has eyelights in both his sockets. Sometimes he decides to joke around with it and make the spell give him googly eyes to troll people with.

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

In the SU 'verse, in addition to Garnet being Queen of England at one point, Pearl was a Founding Father, hence her appearance on American currency.

• Like x 4
  5. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

Is Pearl being on currency canon? I think I might've missed that.

6. Acey

Sort of. There's a head you can see on coins that bears a VERY strong resemblance to Pearl's, but it's never technically been confirmed?

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
  7. LadyNighteyes

Bern and Erika from Umineko post cookie-cutter "[character] was hospitalized/died at the start of the story and the whole thing is their dream while they're in a coma/dying" theories on fan forums for random works of fantasy fiction and get snotty if anyone argues with them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. Acey

Peridot's visor serves a practical purpose--Era 2 Peridots aren't exactly engineered with good vision, either.

In other words, she is in fact a NERD who WEARS GLASSES.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. Birdy

Birdy so long

Once they learn the trick of it, every young ninja in Konoha spends about a week walking straight up walls and standing upside down on ceilings just to prove they can

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. LadyNighteyes

Umineko + magic anachronism social media: the sequel:

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

Wholly questionable headcanon: Papyrus likes to watch the Saw movies and critique the puzzle designs.

He is personally goddamn offended by the fact that Amanda made traps with no solution. WHERE ARE HER STANDARDS. FOR SHAME.

(This message brought to you by Papyrus's insistence that hazardous puzzles are educational for small children.)

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

some headcanons on the Generals and their skill at cooking (ftr i subscribe to the 'acxa is keith's long-lost sister headcanon):
    • Narti: good at small, finicky dishes. has a very precise sense of flavors and smells and can get downright picky for a lady who will straight up eat a bug if someone suggested she wouldn't
    • Ezor: really good at the kinds of mysterious stews and stir-fries you get when you throw together a bunch of miscellaneous ingredients and eyeball all the measurements and take it off the stove when you remember that you set some food there cooking a bit ago.
    • Acxa: has a few carefully-stowed-away recipes from Mom and Dad Kogane - she doesn't get to make them very often, as her access to fresh ingredients is pretty limited, so they're a very special-occasions thing, even if the recipes themselves would be pretty daily fare.
    • Zethrid: GRILLMASTER. she is great at steaks and burgers and frankfurters and so on, and when she decides to actually work at it she gets particular about what kind of meat to use.
    • Lotor: he's good at pastry, and a kind of Galra version of tea - since their home planet is gone, it's pretty common to substitute the original plants in with whatever's nearby, and he's good at figuring out what each variation needs to taste good. it's not uncommon to find that he's stayed up working on a problem and only consumed tea in the last day.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Birdy

Birdy so long

Related: Active-duty ninja will sometimes refer to going places around the village "the civilian way"

"The civilian way" means walking in the street like a normal person, instead of booking it over the rooftops like the lunatic karate wizard you are

(The funny part is, most adult ninja do just walk in the street with the civilians, unless they really need to be someplace quickly. Most of the rooftop-booking is done by the younger cohort, because it's an extremely Look At Me I'm A Ninja thing to do)

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
  15. Acey

Amethyst was once banned from a marijuana forum for continually spelling it "wead."

• Winner x 8
    • Like x 1
  16. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

The one thing Fiddleford McGucket didn't forget from his youth was how to grow amazing fucking weed, you know.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

I just heard my sibling, playing Overwatch in the other room, say over voice chat, "Winston probably would be a Taylor Swift fan."

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Of the many things Mandalorians are serious about teas and tisanes are among the highest ranked in terms of Serious Mando Business. People's souls have been staked on opinions on how to properly prepare shig. People have died over the tea protocol not being followed. You did not just slight my brother by refusing him tea did you you chabuir fuck OYA MANDA. They also enjoy caf as a culture, but teas and tisanes are where its at. The hot leaf juice is life.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  19. LadyNighteyes

I haven't posted a Radiant Historia one in a while, so:

Despite the fact that a large portion of the cast are soldiers, only one character with a portrait is wearing a uniform (and it's in officer colors even though he's a new recruit). The Doylist explanation for this is, obviously, that it's a JRPG and nobody Important in a JRPG wears the mook uniform even if the story says they're a mook, because then we wouldn't be able to tell them apart at a glance from the less Important people. But, because it amused me, I came up with a Watsonian explanation: Stocke, Raynie, and Marco literally do not own uniforms.

The intelligence division they worked for doesn't have uniforms, because, well, it's the intelligence division. However, since it officially doesn't exist, the paperwork when they were transferred back to the regular army in AH just said they were being moved from one command to another, and the person in charge of the logistics had no reason to think they'd need uniforms issued. None of them felt any need to mention this to the quartermaster. In Stocke and Raynie's cases because then someone might expect them to, like, actually follow the uniform regulations, and in Marco's case because his experience with uniforms is that no one ever has his size, and then they have to get one altered, and then it still doesn't fit right, and then it looks terrible on him because it wasn't designed for his shape, and it takes forever and wastes everyone's time and it's just easier if he keeps wearing his own clothes, thanks.

Rosch has an exemption because it's easier to just let him stomp around in plate mail all the time than to try to get a standard uniform to work with the giant spiky bladed robot arm, and Kiel's uniform is the wrong color because he was at the back of the line and they didn't have any in the right color left in anything near his size, they decided it was easier to put the scrawny squirt in yellow for now than have him swimming in his uniform, and then nobody ever really got around to correcting it afterward.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. Acey

Connie's mom was born in India, but moved to America at a very young age (like, five or so--old enough to remember, young enough to not remember well or have an accent); due to most of her family still living there, she still has more of an attachment to Indian culture than her husband, who was born and raised in the States.

Relatedly, Connie and Steven once warped to India to visit some of Connie's relatives, since she hadn't seen them in a while and missed them a lot. They were rather concerned that her parents were nowhere to be found, and just got (reasonably!) confused when she began talking about the warp system and the magic rock aliums.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice