sorry i don't make the rules: ridiculous/lighthearted headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Troll mouths can do this (warning for body horror and violence).

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

what happened here? furrylatula, your post is gone?

3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

He left about a year or two ago.

4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

5. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

I keep getting an error message when I try to look at the link?

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 2
    • Useful x 1
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

heist!Fen speaks in a formal dialect all the time, since they learnt to speak about 400 years ago.

they have no mouth, their facial expressions are almost solely their antennae, the antennae have their movement limited a bit by the hood, and they have a good poker face anyway.

which all comes together to mean that they seem dignified and serious. In the same way that a cat, a chicken, or Batman does.
    The Comically Serious way.

In addition to that they really don't have a sleep schedule; they have tried but in between nightmares and general insomnia it doesn't work. They just conk out anywhere and it's ridiculous, they barely ever sleep in their bed which they moved to the engine room because they liked the noises/smells of the engine room so much and people didn't like it when they slept on the coal pile (which they still do sometimes).

They have about 24 hours of day memory and if they stay awake for longer than that, which happens sometimes, it starts to overwrite; they have deliberately tried to stay awake long enough for that to happen to forget something terrible at least once-and by terrible I mean, a bad movie, or a cursed image. It didn't work.

Piper also is terrible at sleeping because she is Stubborn and takes night watch a lot. Her crew sometimes goes, no, you're not taking night watch, someone is going to flop over you like a cat so you can't get up and have to go to sleep. That person is usually Fen because Fen is a cuddlebug.

The whole crew is found family by the end. Of the vitrolic best buds kind...there is a constant low-level prank war in between Fen and Valentine and if it stops for like, five days or more, everyone is on tenterhooks of Who Are They Pranking Now since that almost always means they teamed up

8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

At some point during her stay in Steven's bathroom, Peridot discovered that she really enjoys baths. Specifically, really hot ones--probably hotter than any human would find even remotely pleasant. (Showers, less so.)

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. Acey

Related to the above: most Gems greatly enjoy the heat, and Bismuth's love of "hot lava baths" is far from unusual.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

There's a theory going round that Boldir Lamati is a secret limeblood, because she has odd colouration and teeth, wears very concealing clothing which could hide further mutations, and apparently isn't taken in by Doc Scratch ("on a mission to expose the deep state lunacracy"), but what if all those are instead because she's not even really a troll? I don't think she's a human, but the empire is apparently wide-ranging and if one alien could get to Alternia without immediate death, others could...

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

On the topic of limebloods, the axolotl in the concept art is theorised to be linked to limebloods somehow. Wild Mass Guessing took this further and theorised that, as opposed to the violet seadwellers, limes are/were freshwater dwellers. I'm not gonna bet on it but it's an interesting thought.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm binging Young Justice and since literally every Plot Convenience News broadcast the entire first season (except one that happened in a training simulation) is given by the same reporter, I have decided that she has teleportation powers and the network has her do all of their field reporting because that way they can save on travel expenses.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Steamworld Heist Fen's electrical powers aren't just augmented repair and lightning coil. the third thing they can do with them is movement in microgravity: using their powers to apply force to themself in microgravity (preferably but not absolutely necessarily in an area with air). like, turning around, spinning, tiny pushes to avoid getting stuck floating around in the middle of a room, etc.

it is nowhere near enough force to be useful in gravity and sometimes things stick to them because Static.

14. goldenflowertea

Aranea Highwind's name is a chosen name. Her birth one was extremely boring and a bit frumpy and she wanted a dashing and dangerous moniker befitting a badass mercenary!

(She's always liked spiders, and 'Highwind' is a name out of legends; the fabled Dragon Knights who claimed descent from Bahamut himself.)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. Acey

Between her status as both Elwurd's ex and the object of Lynera's obsessive crush, I've concluded that Bronya is a total chick magnet.

• Agree x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

In Mossflower, females are as likely to go topless as males, because unless they're actually nursing they don't have anything to conceal that their fur doesn't already.

• Like x 1
  17. goldenflowertea

'Boss monsters' isn't a species name, it's a description of a quality that several monster species share-unusually strong SOULs that persist a while after death. The proper species name for the Dreemurrs and other floofgotes is 'Sheireil'- 'the Hairy Ones (or goats) of God', a name that stems from Kabbalism.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Andy from Open Sorcery owned a comically large pencil. It was a gag gift and he used it as a paperweight. He doesn't know what happened to it but frankly it wasn't even very good as a paperweight.

19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Marvus is just reciting complete nonsense into the mic and psychically fooling everyone into thinking it's good.

20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

startled fen goes squeak and poofs up

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice