sorry i don't make the rules: ridiculous/lighthearted headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jul 17, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Much of the FF14 fandom, my sibling included, has decided that, like rabbits, Viera are prone to abruptly tipping over sideways when happy and relaxed.

• Winner x 7
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

In all timelines, Roxy’s name was originally short for something like Roxanne.

After realizing he was a guy in the Meat timeline, he decided that it was now short for Roxas.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Acey

Relatedly: Roxy is secretly Kingdom Hearts trash, despite generally being a Nintendo type.

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Having fun with a massive-multiplayer crossover of children's movies, and since the quirky miniboss squad from Who Framed Roger Rabbit are weasels I am required to adore them, so I've been enjoying coming up with more defined personalities for them. Among other things, we decided Psycho (the one with the straight-razor) is the team medic, because he's spent enough time taking people apart that he couldn't help but learn how to put them back together.

• Winner x 2
  5. Acey

Amethyst has a fake ID. It says she’s an adult but, obviously, wayyyyy younger than she actually is.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. Acey

Many Pokemon with long or wooly coats have their fur/hair/wool/etc. used for (cruelty-free) fiber crafts, such as knitting and weaving. One of the biggest exceptions to this is Mareep—too much residual static in the wool for anyone to want to work with or wear!

By contrast, Wooloo is very commonly kept by non-trainers as a source of wool (and a good friend, of course).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

counterpoint: you can probably spin mareep yarn for flexible yet durable cables

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

if i lived in pokemon world i would just flop my face into my wooloo's soft body and just

die

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

someone should draw wooly pokémon after a haircut

• Agree x 2
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Winner x 9
  11. Acey

• Agree x 5
  12. jacktrash

• Agree x 3
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Lots of the more reptilian etc pokemon shed their skins; some of these shed skins get used in clothing etc.

So eg krookodile-skin gloves, made from shed krookodile skin

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  14. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

a genetically hairless wooloo gets sweaters knitted for it so it doesn't get extremely cold in the winter

• Winner x 5
  15. Acey

Further headcanon: Wooloo wool is some of the finest wool you’ll ever find. However, the vast majority of Wooloo live in the Galar region, with very few in other regions; as such, Wooloo wool yarn and clothing is a very popular souvenir (almost a must-buy, really) for those visiting the region.

• Winner x 1
  16. jacktrash

isn’t there a yak pokemon? yak aren’t the same as musk oxen i know but i still think you should get qiviut from the yak pokemon.

• Informative x 1
  17. Acey

I think there is, yeah. I don't know much about yak, though, or...what qiviut is, but you're probably right there. (I tried knitting for like a week in 7th grade and that's the full extent of my Yarn Knowledge, so...)

18. jacktrash

qiviut is the Best Wool. the lightest yet warmest. it’s also dark grayish brown and doesn’t take dye well, and it’s hand combed from musk oxen once a year when they shed, by a small handful of native alaskan co-ops, so it’s like $90 an ounce. :P

• Informative x 3
  19. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

Piloswine is based on a fusion of a boar and a yak, from what I've read! I suppose that's close?

• Like x 3
  20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

There's Bouffalant, which is a buffalo, so not quite the same thing. But perhaps in the Pokemon world you can sheer their heads?

Also, the discarded cocoons from silcoon and cascoon after they evolve are probably quite sought after as well.

Gosh all this time, people in the Pokemon world been running around with clothes and I never even considered where they got their textiles from. and then we get a sheep and now that's all I think about.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice