sorry i don't make the rules: ridiculous/lighthearted headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll look for something else. I know it meant that in thieves' cant, because that was specifically where I was looking for a word, since the character lives by theft so it seemed appropriate. Thanks for the heads-up!

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Does illegal activity on Alternia happen on the Light Web?

• Winner x 3
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

An idea from Tumblr I liked; Alternian pronouns are based on blood caste, not gender. Gender is a lot less important to trolls, and the reaction to Karkat's hemoanonymity is pretty similar to someone using "they" pronouns around people not familiar with the concept, with the invasive questions and thinking he's weird.

• Agree x 1
  4. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

troll rumble spheres are like a male sage grouse's...whatever those things are called

they are for making Incredibly Weird Noises, which is considered attractive by trolls

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

All I can think of is Luka calling the frog version gonkers.

Googling says it's just called an air sac?

• Informative x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Alternian trolls are like Discworld trolls in that they employ "splatters": "Like a bouncer, but trolls use more force."

• Agree x 5
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I like the idea that troll names aren't all 6/6 letters in the same way human names worldwide aren't all 4/6. If I'm playing the ancestors as different people from the dancestors I'd like to give them eight-letter first names, I think that was done in a couple old-school fics.

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dirk Strider absolutely would swear along the lines of "aargh, primitive-and-outmoded-concept on a crutch!"

• Agree x 2
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

With the naming system of Team Rocket characters, I think there's probably also a single person within the organisation named Bonnie Clyde.

• Agree x 2
  11. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

• Informative x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I figure the dub and sub are different 'verses.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Knoxes look more like dogs than anything else, but they must also have some behavioural similarities to cats - they like boxes.

• Agree x 1
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

soifon finds out about the endless longing to elope with another woman to escape societal standards yuri plot and thinks tragically upon her past while reading comics of wildly varying quality.

• Winner x 1
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

From Tumblr:

• Informative x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I was thinking about things humans might do better than HS trolls, and it occurred to me our fingers are probably more dextrous. Trolls are confirmed to have claws and heavily implied to have thick/rough chitinous skin, which wouldn't be as flexible or sensitive as human skin, so we're probably better suited to fine detail work.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

That reminds me that archeology and fashion are not common hobbies on Alternia.

• Agree x 2
  18. goldenflowertea

goldenflowertea this universe SUCKS but it is full of FRIENDS

They've got hella technology though...but, huh, most of it's got that organic, animal look, grown rather than assembled...

• Agree x 3
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

We'd also probably make medical innovations much faster than they do - they have super-futuristic healing tech in Friendsim, but they've had a much longer history than we have at that point. I figure we have to make healing discoveries faster because we can't do the "walk it off or die" routine so well.

• Agree x 1
  20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

bugsnax: grumpuses purr and a few can growl

most of the grumpuses in game have average purrs and can't growl

gramble has a little barely-audible growl, and the Journalist has a pretty good one

eggabell's purr is basically inaudible you gotta be snuggling her to feel it

the fizzlebeans...have excessively loud purrs. it is an actual problem. snorpy has kept people up with loud, carrying purring at midnight more than once. floofty was caught purring on snaxburg all of once and it was equally loud and carrying. after snaxburg they get a bit more relaxed and start showing up to things like movie nights and everyone learns why the fizzlebeans only watch subtitled movies: nobody can hear the movie there is only fizzlebean purring x2 combo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice