sorry i don't make the rules: ridiculous/lighthearted headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jul 17, 2016.

1. There are Extremely Basic Pokemon Nicknames just like there are Extremely Basic Pet Names IRL. Ghost-Types named "Spooky" and Pikachu named things like "Pika" or "Chuchu" are 100% the setting equivalent of naming your white cat "Snowball."
    Relatedly whenever a high-profile trainer gives their signature pokemon a particular nickname you can expect to see a million copycats within a few weeks

• Agree x 6
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Is this why in Red/Blue everyone was stuck with a Farfetch'd named "Dux"?

3. Potentially, though the NPC that trades it to us may well be alone in their questionable naming choices. I choose to believe that in the universe where that Farfech'd somehow makes it into Red's hall of fame team he ends up inadvertently starting a renaissance of Poorly-Named Ducks and feels really sad about it tho. Sorry, kid, you're officially a Famous Trainer(TM) now, every kid on the continent is rushing to copy you now!

• Like x 3
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

In APH-verse, gods do canonically exist and the nations know they do. The ones with state-enforced or widespread atheism just don't listen to them and might lose the ability to see/hear them, in the same way most of them can no longer see/hear their folklore creatures.

• Like x 1
  5. the Pokemon Legends: Arceus protagonist has attempted to recreate various Modern Convenience Foods at the late 19th century tech level with up-and-down success. you know the bit in Naruto and Katsuo are Friends where Katsuo reinvents mac-n-cheese with farfalle bc it's the only kind of pasta he can figure out how to make without a machine? my PLA protag has done that exact thing

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Not sure whether this is funny or horrifying, but someone on a YouTube comments section suggested that the Ribwich was made of screamapillars. "Smaller, more legs", right?

• Witnessed x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I thought you were talking about the actual ribwich before I clicked the link and was so confused. Every time I think of ribwiches I remember that meatcanyon video about them (which very much belongs in the horrifying thread)

8. Several species of grass pokemon bury their eggs in the wild. Like sea turtles! But also like crocus bulbs. In spring it's a pretty common sight in various regions to see newly-hatched budew, oddish, petilil, etc. pop right up out of the ground LIKE DAISIES!!

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
  9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I started watching a playthrough of Alan Wake (a game in which the protagonist is a thriller writer whose lost manuscript has started warping reality) and I've decided that the reason you have to fight so many enemies is that Alan Wake is just such a hack that he has written that many random axe murderers into his books.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
  11. we see a lot of people in PLA wearing clothes that appear to be lined with buneary fluff, so I'm choosing to believe that buneary are the source of the setting's equivalent of angora wool.

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think these thoughts on cherubs make sense.
    Anatomically speaking, "male" and "female" are based on what gametes one produces, and it's quite plausible they have the potential to produce either kind, one matures at predomination, and in their losing mating flights the "pregnant" males are just holding an egg the female deposited into them. But since cherubs have no society and thus no medical experimentation on each other they probably wouldn't know the specifics without outside help.

• Like x 1
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Winner x 3
  15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Doc Scratch and the Handmaid nudged the social development of trolls, but not the evolution of everything else. Beforus was just as dangerous as Alternia, and the trolls were so peaceful there because they had to band together to stand a chance fighting against the horrible, horrible nature.

• Like x 1
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Trolls have six/six letter names out of tradition as a reference to them being raised and named by the jades, i.e. the sixth caste.

• Like x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The shape of a lot of the recuperacoons we see makes me think trolls might sleep sitting up.

18. somewhere in Paldea there is a programmer who has attempted to port Doom to one of the future paradox Pokemon.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Redwall is inconsistent on the characters being animal-sized or human-sized, but I like to imagine them as animal-sized, partly for the purpose of imagining Mohawk-Dibbun Carrot Jockeys (see icon).

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think the limeblood power is a Somebody Else's Problem field. No one notices Boldir, people's reactions to Marvus are inconsistent with what he actually says and does, and Fiamet's mutations are extremely visible but she hasn't been culled yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice