sorry i don't make the rules: ridiculous/lighthearted headcanons

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by furrylatula, Jul 17, 2016.

1. if Diegetic Respawn Mechanics are a thing then every single one of the TF2 mercs can and has eaten something they're lethally allergic to just to satisfy their curiosity

Soldier and Demoman do basically this, they'll eat something toxic or that they're allergic to and race to die and respawn the fastest. loser buys the winner a case of beer, probably.

Meanwhile Scout is constantly eating foods that trigger his allergies, or is past its sell-by date, or has been on the floor for god knows how long (his household doesn't observe the five-second rule in the worst way possible) on the grounds that it "builds up your immunity." Medic has long since given up trying to correct him and as long as respawn stays ahead of it he doesn't consider it his problem.

Spy and Sniper think this is all a bunch of Juvenile Horseshit and refuse to participate. Instead they play Fugu Roulette, like civilized men.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i don't think the Stranger simulation has Hearthian models. or textures. the ash twin project is just going 'I guess I'm doing this too' and providing those clientside (pulling from the Hatchling's perspective of themself), so the Hatchling can see themself in the simulation just fine!

...everyone else sees some amalgamation of placeholder/error textures, four black void eyes, and a blatantly error-handling/placeholder model with a lantern glitching out near them.

and THAT is why your lantern's shadow is flying.

the Hatchling is absolutely unaware of this. the Prisoner quietly copies the model and texture data while using the vision torch.

• Like x 1
  3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

more outer wilds stuff:

some kinds of timber hearth trees hybridise into incredibly fast-growing and tough but sterile hybrids. it's these hybrid seeds that are put into emergency tree seed kits: grows fast, hardy, and won't spread saplings around. very useful for the kind of situation that results in pulling out the emergency tree seed kit!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice