Sorry Seebs, but,

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Maya, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I am not going to argue with this in private any more. I'm also sorry to put this in meta, but I don't want to run the risk of it not going through post mod in TCHGB.

If you're here to kiss ass, consider this: don't.

Seebs, what the fuck. I don't think you realize, from the beginning, how shitty, manipulative, and gaslighting this entire post is. "Oh, you're a good egg Maya, unlike your shitty friends!" "I worry you don't see just how horrible and abusive they are!" I see all of this perfectly well. Everything you claim below is just straight not true, and if I wasn't shaking from sheer and utter anger right now I'd pick it all apart for your reading convenience! I have never failed to call out any of the people below for being shitty, but there's a huge difference between being shitty and simply not rolling over and taking it.

None of the people you've talked about below are responsible for how oh so hurt people are by their opinions. None of them are responsible for anyone else's recovery but their own. None of them are obligated to roll over and take abuse, harassment, and libel campaigns because fighting against them would just hurt someone's feelings.

You are positing this as if you have any of the full stories. You deliberately misquote them, and then come to me, their friend, trying to tell me that they're really just horrible people who are arguing in bad faith 100% of the time. You can say you're not trying to get me to change them but you dump 1000 words about why, no really they're just bad people, with "oh but i understand you're their friend and all so..." as an afterthought.

All the things I've talked about with you about our stances on rules and bans and forum or discord server structure or abuse is nothing they haven't said before, too. So I don't understand why they're arguing in bad faith and I'm not. Shouldn't I be just as horrible as them because I agree with their stances that rules aren't bad, bans can be good, and abusers will be abusers no matter what but you might as well make a single lick of goddamn effort to keep them away from vulnerable people? Answer me that, first, why are my friends these horrible, awful people, but I'm the good one? Is it because I roll over and take any of the abuse hurled at me? Is it because I apologized profusely for calling Alix mean things when I realized I was getting used as an example of bad behavior for saying those things? Is it because I didn't immediately brush you off as a goddamn fool for trying to explain Alix's actions to me over and over and over and over?

I'm scared to find out if, and what, you've ever said about me, if this is what you think of mentally ill survivors of some pretty horrific abuses when they don't agree with you or aren't nice enough about what they think.

if, for some reason, the above quote gets edited, here's the pastebin

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

hey seebs when the actual fuck have I ever lied, thanks

• Agree x 3
  3. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

disregarding everything else to unpack here for the moment, if this is about anything other than me talking about wax putting me in a situation where i was pressured not to call the cops on a suicide attempt, i sure can't fucking think of one and i'd like to know about it. it is also blatantly goddamn untrue, because i can think of at least three people who fit this description right off the bat.

the guy who runs the mental health forum you talk about sensitive mental health and abuse shit on, everybody!

• Informative x 1
  4. Khan

Khan why does anyone NOT hate her

[​IMG]

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

is this about being sexually harassed by someone who told him about the time she tried to fuck a dog and was making TMI sexual advances on from the moment she started contacting him, and who he tried to be polite to largely out of sheer discomfort and previous lifelong grooming and socialization, by any fucking chance?

• Like x 1
  6. Khan

Actually y'know what I'm not even gonna be mad. I'm electing not to be mad, because better me than someone who would flip their shit and swallow a handful if it came out they were being called an evil abusaa to their friends via DMs Caring Void by the website's admin.

What a tangled web we weave.

You kids have fun. I'm going to go roll a blunt the size of a fourteen-pound infant.

• Agree x 1
  7. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

caring void!

upload_2017-12-3_17-7-36.png

• Informative x 1
  8. Khan

In Shocking Twist, Person That Was Incorrect Quietly Corrects Error. Now off to Jim with sports. Jim?

We're seeing Olympic backpedaling in the future!

• Winner x 3
  9. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Actually, yeah, I'm going to hit on this. Seebs, I have revealed to you in confidence that I have trauma regarding the exact shit you just pulled above. Actual, genuine trauma. Sure, you might not be asking me to do anything, but again, as an afterthought. Everything else is an attempt, I'm not yet sure it's deliberate, to gaslight me into thinking my friends are abusive shitheads. This is by no means the first time you've done it to me either. I don't know what you're hoping to achieve, but my conclusion thus far until you respond is this: you're trying to pull me away from my obviously (sarcasm) shit friends and... what? Talk to you exclusively? depend on you in some say for friendship? come back here in full? what? why do you keep doing this to me even after knowing it's fucking horrible, now and then?

• Witnessed x 6
  10. lex

lex + 0.2% luck

lol

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

this is completely unbelievable, considering the fact that ive never been involved with any of this and was able to identify that post as being about void, even though i only know the bare minimum of that whole situation :U i also havent seen moogle ANYWHERE say that it was a "hugely detailed account" or whatever, just that....it was easily identifiable as void, and that its kinda shitty to pull people's situations into other ones without permission! like, it takes two seconds to shoot a PM and say "hey, this thing came up on a thing on tumblr, can i use your story (without names/IDing details attached) as an example of something related to that?"

just because someone posted something on this forum doesnt mean you can pull that to use elsewhere, especially in a semi-detailed account that even people who weren't involved in it at all can recognize who it's about

edit: i noticed also that you're attributing the story not to this forum but to some christian community from a long time ago, which id be willing to believe, but a lot of details match up way too clearly to the situation here that its very, very easy to believe that you're backpedaling on that to cover your ass rather than just admit that maybe it wasn't the best idea to post it

• Agree x 8
    • Winner x 1
  12. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

also yeah idk where tf @Starcrossedsky would have come into this, maybe seebs meant void and had a brain fart and wrote nai instead??? otherwise i have literally no clue

just my #twocents

13. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

based on what seebs has said in the past, either to me, others, or here in public, about nai, im pretty sure that, in his mind, nai fits perfectly well into this :smithsad:

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  14. Starcrossedsky

I appreciate the thought but Seebs has definitely charted me into the abusers category, and that's why I left the forums in the first place. To teal a deer, I wouldn't apologize for hurting someone who got hurt in spite of being told to leave my vent if it was hurting them, and therefore I'm Bad.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. Keleviel

Keleviel Angel Fanboy

I'm gonna break my months long hiatus here because this is too much bullshit not to say something.

Specifically, I'm gonna look at the bullshit covering Void

Panic lies and then blames people for believing him? Seebs, I've known him for five and a half years, and we've had an intimate relationship for the lion's share of that, and while Void has his own faults? This has never been one of them.

This is so much disgusting false manipulative horseshit that I don't even have time to properly dissect it, what the fuck.

• Agree x 4
    • Winner x 1
  16. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Eh, I've been trying to avoid this becoming a public fight, but I am pretty okay with this stuff coming out. Because one of the things I think a lot of people critical of my forum admin practices are right about is that I am too unwilling to just come out and point out when people are doing bad things.

Yes, I did mean Nai. There was a big forum thread about a particular interaction, a while back.

Before I can even credibly try to engage, though, there's a basic problem I have: How do I even go into details on things when many of those details rely on things that are not public knowledge? I don't have permission to quote things people said in threads in the Caring Void, or in PMs. Say someone says a thing, and it contradicts a thing they said in the Caring Void. Now what? I don't have their permission to quote the thing, but I know the public claim is false. So now what? What about chat logs? I'm pretty sure I would need permission to quote those, too. Again, what happens if a claim is true, but I'm not allowed to present the evidence?

So, like. If you want to have these arguments, if you want to argue that my interpretation of these things is incorrect, what should we do? If you wanna give me permission to quote things and point out things like "user X is a subaccount of user Y" when they're relevant to my points, I can work with that. If you don't want to give permission for that, though, it becomes really hard to have a meaningful conversation about the thing. There's not much I can do without that. I can just go with "this contradicts information otherwise available to me", but like, in essence that's what I already said, and obviously that doesn't count without evidence, so.

17. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Since I haven't got permission to quote any of the examples, there's nothing I can say to that.

18. Starcrossedsky

I left before the caring void was established and all my shit's public as a result

where the fuck have I lied, seebs.

• Agree x 1
  19. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Just for the sake of extra clarity, Seebs isn't trying to pressure anyone into agreeing to have their void posts published. It's just that the he-said-she-said of the conversation is at a bit of a standstill without those extra pieces of data, and there isn't much good way to move forward on those points without that. That branch of the conversation can stall out if it needs to. Any quotes would be limited to the relevant items, it's not a full-scale moving of void threads to public, etc.

And from my end, @seebs, I'm not sure anybody is going to want to give full blanket permission for any and all of their void content to be quoted, but I'm not sure what a good workaround for that would be.

• Informative x 1
  20. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

any posts where i dont directly quote someone in my CV thread are henceworth public if they are relevant to this situation

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice