Sorry Seebs, but,

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Maya, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

you just revealed information that you were not given permission to take from a caring void thread by replying to this at all. you did not have to reply to this post. this also means you talk about the contents of peoples' caring void thread to other people in private in order to shittalk them. your treatment of void from the beginning has been absolutely despicable at every turn and he deserves so many apologies from you. fuck you.

anyway wow you definitely don't have my permission to quote anything from my CV thread, jesus fucking christ.

edit: i'm also speaking for void when i say leave his caring void alone entirely, you emphatically do not have permission to talk about it via coy omission or otherwise. the caring void is for many people, including me, largely for ugly screaming to get it out, especially distorted thoughts.

and before you say 'no-contact uwu,' i'm not going to not reply to your arguments in a thread where we are discussing it directly.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Here's the thing, in your post, you couldnt even be assed to quote public posts to back up any of your claims.

my issue here is that you are trying to make me believe my friends are horrible people, liars, abusers, and sadists, and i dont know what the fuck youre trying to accomplish if you get me to to believe it but holy fucking shit, on what world did you think that would be okay?

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

And @Maya, I'm really, really sorry, the mods collectively forgot that you have trauma around that issue, and it completely slipped my mind until you brought it up in here. If I'd remembered, I would have pushed back against something that put you in that spot, and forgetting that is completely my mistake. Again, I'm sorry I didn't catch that before you got hurt. (edit: not to say that anyone should be assumed fine to receive a message about how their friends are jerks, but that I would have made an especially effort to avoid anything even close to that framing here)

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

it's okay. i'd rather this be seen for what it is than be swept under the rug that is a post mod queue

edit: this sounds rude. i dont mean to imply post modding seebs is sweeping things under the rug, i mean that id rather this than not see it at all

• Like x 1
  5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

it's on Maya to deal with the apology or not, but the implication that this shit would be acceptable if the person in question didn't have issues with this situation, or had not made those issues known, is fucking bloody unacceptable, spock.

• Agree x 3
  6. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

This isn't true. The only people who Seebs talks to about caring void threads are other mods, which is a given. (I mean, barring human error that might exist? I don't have examples of that from Seebs that come to mind but they could exist.)

7. Carnivorous Moogle

seebs literally just said he doesn't have permission to quote the posts people are going 'what the fuck' about, which are the posts he shittalked to maya about.

8. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I did not say that the things I don't have permission to quote were necessarily in the caring void. People have talked to me about things in other environments, I have chat logs, I have many sources I could potentially be referring to.
    I do note that a careful reader looking at your post could reasonably infer that you believe that at least one post in the caring void would be reasonably taken as clearly evidence supporting my claim.

That's true. I didn't think it would be relevant. It's not

[EDIT: I apparently got ADHD right here and I have NO IDEA what I was going to say in that sentence. Sorry.]

The one where something like half the conversations I've had with you have been about people I at least willingly tolerate whom you were informing me were liars, abusers, and/or sadists. And, like. I'm not necessarily disputing those evaluations. But I guess... I trust you to call me on shit, and I sorta assumed that would go both ways. I remember other people that we've had conversations about in the past, that I thought were being sorta crappy to people, and that at one point you were pretty inclined to defend, but events have changed your mind. And sometimes I've said "hey, I'm uncomfortable with this particular thing".

I will say: I absolutely fucked up by forgetting about the triggers/trauma there. I wasn't thinking about that at all. If I had been, I woulda just gone on not saying anything. I'm sorry.

9. Keleviel

Keleviel Angel Fanboy

But he has permission to sling accusations, apparently! Boy, sure is convenient that he can do that and not have to back them up!

• Agree x 1
  10. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here. Sorry

11. spockandawe

I think the idea is that above, Seebs is acknowledging they don't have permission to quote the private things in question, which they say will prove their point. But bringing up things posted in the void to Maya at all is a level of disclosure that Moogle thinks is inappropriate. So the fact that they came up in the conversation with Maya at all means Moogle thinks Seebs has already crossed an unacceptable boundary.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Useful x 3
    • Agree x 1
  12. Keleviel

Keleviel Angel Fanboy

Wait hold up a second here. You didn't think it was relevant to post any evidence of these accusations? You just. Expected Maya to take them at face value and go off of them? This is even more baffling because I've been following you for a long time on Tumblr and "taking wild accusations at face value" is a thing you have said to never do multiple times

• Agree x 3
  13. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Did you mean: Alix

Fuck, man, I told you my thoughts on it, which I tried my best to disclaim were just, like, my onions, man, because you're the admin of a forum like this! because i'm the admin of a discord server like that! I said, hey, this person is acting unambiguously abusively, and it should concern you because you have dozens of vulnerable people on your forum! You told me what you thought about Michi because you were concerned about the damage she'd do to the people in BMP, and it was this exchange of two administrators looking out for the other's members, and it was civil

this is just straight up fucking.... libel. this isnt warning me of the bad eggs in my group to protect the good ones, this is just attacking my friends to me because you recently got into a fight with one of them and i told you to cut it the fuck out

• Agree x 3
  14. Carnivorous Moogle

so use them, instead of specifically invoking the posts you're not allowed to quote from his thread. if they're non-CV sources you're not at liberty to quote, SAY SO. christ you're so fucking slimy, this shit comes off as straight-up targeting him at this point.
    I AM GOING OFF OF THE FUCKING THINGS YOU SAY. IF I HAD REASON TO BELIEVE THIS OTHER THAN YOU IMPLYING IT CAME FROM SOMEWHERE I CAN'T SEE, I WOULDN'T BE GOBSMACKED TO THE POINT OF TEMPORARILY UNREALITY ISSUES. HOLY FUCK HOW ARE YOU THIS DISINGENUOUS.

15. spockandawe

Sorry, Seebs did try to communicate that they're from other sources with similar privacy things, if not to necessarily the same degree as the void. I can see how it didn't come across in their post above, but that was the intent. There are chat logs, PMs, etc.

(and seebs, the 'your words imply that this is the truth' reads as a deliberate setup for a gotcha trap, which I don't think was your intention, but it reads as kind of threatening)

• Agree x 1
  16. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

just because i was confused too: @Beldaran , moogle is saying that the things that seebs said to maya in private is accusations that stem from void's CV thread, which was taken without permission - even if there were no direct quotes in thread between seebs and maya, it's still pulling claims from a thread that shouldn't have stuff be pulled from without permission

17. seebs

The "It's not" was the start of a longer sentence and then there was movement on-screen from notifications and I forgot the sentence.

I was probably aiming for something like "it's not as though I had much of anything I could quote, and I didn't realize what a big deal it would be". I certainly didn't expect Maya to accept them as unconditionally true.

I think there's been instances involving other people, but certainly that'd be the obvious case.

So, since you gave permission to quote, it was honestly just a response to the "we all still disagree with you". Because I sort of ... I dunno. I just felt like it would be overall better if you realized that, for a number of reasons, there was only one opinion in there I actually placed any weight on. I don't know that I really thought it through all that carefully. Sometimes I just tell people things because they're how I experience things and sometimes that seems like something people might be interested in.

I don't think you understand how information security works. If I tell you for sure which things I won't quote because they're Caring Void, and which I won't quote because they're chat logs, and so on, I'm telling you more about what people did or didn't say in the caring void. So I'm being extra cautious about what information I give out. And that includes not confirming or denying things if a pattern of doing so would make it easier for people to draw inferences about private data.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
  18. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

[quote edited to remove ping out of your desire to not get involved but I am NOT letting this shit stand]

You don't get to claim that anything you did hurt me unless I specifically say I was hurt. You do not get to judge how hurt I am based upon anything except my own fucking words, and it's rare enough that I admit to being hurt that I know I've never said anything in such words to you. You don't get to claim that. Fuck off. I didn't say "got upset" so don't act as though that's what I said because getting upset and being hurt are two different things and I know exactly which one I meant, thanks.

Also the incident in question had literally nothing to do with Wax, so who's misrepresenting what now? The inciting incident was in the vent thread of another party who has left KS, so um. Fucking um.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Carnivorous Moogle

(i've eaten about a meal or so a day for the last week and am running on fumes and rage at this point, so i feel like i should give a heads up that i will likely not respond for awhile.)

(i will say, however, that seebs has been consistently gaslighty and sleazy as fuck, and i am no longer willing to take it on good faith that they 'didn't mean to come off that way' about anything i can't be given hard proof of that was posted before the fact.)

• Agree x 1
  20. seebs

This is what I thought Moogle was saying. And to be totally honest, it would not be the first time I've fucked up on remembering which stuff was private. Heck, I don't think it'd be the first time I've fucked up on remembering which stuff was private when talking to Maya. (I have no idea why. I think it's because of the discord-admin-backchannel, maybe?)

I think that all the claims I made to Maya in that post are claims for which I have seen sources or justifications outside the Caring Void. But I don't have complete searchable archives of every Skype conversation, and every Discord conversation, and so on, that I've been in for the last couple of years. So I can't necessarily find a specific conversation. And I have, or can make, searchable archives of my PMs on this forum, and of PMs sent to me (mostly, there's some software issues). So I can track down at least some things. But not all of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice