Sorting stuff out

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by palindromordnilap, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Should we get Beldaran in here to mediate?

3. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Why not?

4. palindromordnilap

Because that was a blatant misinterpretation of my post, and I felt the need to clarify that this was not, in fact, what I meant.

5. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

You can clarify without taking quotes of my vent thread elsewhere. People have said over and over and over and over that that's a bad move. Knock it the fuck off and delete it. I am not ok with this.

• Like x 6
  6. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

I think that leaving clarification of what you mean without quoting someone's vent thread is an appropriate solution. Quoting someone's vent thread seems seriously inappropriate given the everything that's been happening in these parts. There are a lot of people who have been disagreeing with other users' statements without directly quoting the posts from other people's vent threads.

And for the record, I think it weakens the sentiment of 'apology' when you're pretty directly referring to the people you're trying to apologize to as assholes.

• Like x 7
  7. palindromordnilap

Yes, but I do feel like the people I'm arguing with are "assholes" when drama happens, this is a way for me to remember that yes, I do mean every person involved, and not, those ones don't "not count".
    And that's fair, I'll remove the quote.

8. palindromordnilap

Clarifying: that was a reminder for myself, that I set as my own wallpaper, that "Random assholes on the internet are still people, [I should] try to remember that"

Also, re: mutual ignore: Actually, that would be great. I only come back to argue with people if they keep interacting with my posts.

• Like x 1
  9. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Do you feel up to answering my questions on the last page?

10. Petra

Petra space case

I think one factor in remorse is 'I wish I could go back and not do this thing/undo this thing that I did'. It's not the only factor.

• Like x 4
  11. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I cannot do mediating from my phone, so if that's wanted everyone will have to wait an hour.

Also, while quoting from vent threads will probably only escalate a situation, people ARE entitled to respond to things said about them in vent threads, just not in the vent thread itself.

• Like x 6
  12. palindromordnilap

Okay, that's definitely a thing in my case, even with the current drama.
    I answered as many questions as I noticed? Can you please quote the ones I missed here?

13. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

No problem

• Like x 1
  14. Petra

Petra space case

I think some people would say that remorse entitles feeling bad for the effect on the other person, not just the effect on you. However, that doesn't mean you can't also feel bad for how it's gotten you backlash. So that's the next thing to sort out. If you feel bad for the effect on the other person regardless of if you like them, then I think you can say 'I'm sorry I did that to you' and not have it be a lie.

• Like x 5
  15. palindromordnilap

I'd say it's definitely the first one, if even someone I love makes me mad, they suddenly become Evil Incarnateā„¢. It's apparently a BPD thing.
    As for your example, situations like these have led to actual fights, so, yes.

16. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Can you usually catch yourself feeling angry? Like, are you aware of when your stress and anger is starting to build?

17. spockandawe

And on this note, I don't think it was appropriate of you to post in winkwonk's vent thread to quibble over my explanation of what's been happening :/ I edited my post to clarify what you'd meant by suicide baiting as soon as I saw your posts. I've been told you PM'd Khan and communicated the information I had. At this point, I am honestly not inclined to believe you if you say PMs didn't happen, and I'll acknowledge that you disagree with that point, but you've poisoned the well enough that you aren't going to sway me to believe you over Khan on just your word, and especially not on just your word when you post in an uninvolved third party's vent thread.

But generally speaking, the way you have crossed multiple lines wrt other people's vent threads in the last... hour? is making me uneasy. I'd recommend you put the holler closer on ignore while you're trying to have this discussion, because you're getting sidetracked, and it feels like things are starting to slide in an ugly direction.

• Like x 4
  18. ASPD Anon

ASPD Anon Vagitarian

Hold up, Spock. I am not sure what PMs I have supposedly received? I don't have PMs from Beldaran or Palindrome.

• Like x 2
  19. spockandawe

Fuck, I may have gotten facts wrong. Brb, gotta check out my history

20. palindromordnilap

It's possible. What I typically do is just getting up and leaving, but that's not always possible, and I don't really know how to do that online as I've got an extremely low tolerance for boredom, so outright logging out wouldn't work. I guess I could try using a browser extension to temporarily block the site and then go play a video game or something. But then the posts are still there when I get back, so IDK :/
    That's fair, I shouldn't have posted there and just wanted to point out that the PM thing was a blatant lie, I kinda had the impulsive reaction to put it directly as an answer in that thread. We can discuss it further somewhere else if you want, I guess?
    Anyway, yeah, I stopped quoting people's posts, both here and in my vent thread. I'd rather not put the Holler Closet on ignore since there was some stuff I posted here that I felt needed to be commented on for this discussion to go better, but I'll definitely stop checking it out as often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice