Southpaw

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by roach, Oct 9, 2015.

1. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

I've been thinking about trying a forum text adventure like Jailbreak or Rubyquest for awhile but the notion of getting sucked into a lot of extra drawing really bummed me out because I'd spend too long on the illustrations, and then put off doing updates because I didn't want to spend too long on the illustrations, then abandon the whole story because I felt bad.

So I'm gonna be drawing everything with my opposite hand so it stays shitty— in the grand tradition of forum text adventures— and I don't have to give a fuck. Worst case scenario, I end up ambidextrous.

We're going to start with a cat. Because, cat.

[​IMG]

You are a CAT and haha WOW I CAN'T DRAW WITH MY LEFT HAND. You are at the end of a painstakingly rendered HALLWAY and have no idea what the fuck. There are TWO DOORS, probably.

• Like x 5
  2. a secret face

a secret face the secret-est face

>Cat: Lick own ass

3. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

>Cat: Go left.

4. roach

[​IMG]

You rotate around to your LEFT and bonk into the RIGHT DOOR. It does not open.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    • Like x 1
  5. roach

[​IMG]

Incredible! You've found a ROOM at the end of the HALLWAY. Maybe it's an office or something. There's an assortment of poorly-rendered items: a SPINNY NOISE DISK, a WHEELY CLIMB OBJECT, and an open CARDBOARD LUXURY CUBE.

• Like x 4
  6. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

> Cat: Investigate wheely climb object.

7. roach

[​IMG]

Ignoring the STUPID FUCKING SCRIBBLE that appeared on the wall because I don't know which layer it's on and do you know how hard navigating photoshop's tiny little buttons is when you're scrawling desperately with your bad hand, it's really hard, anyway, you INVESTIGATE the WHEELY CLIMB OBJECT.

It is incredible. DELIGHT LINES radiate from your presumably adorable kitty noggin. A sense of accomplishment fills your kitty chest. While sitting, you can THINK ABOUT STUFF.

• Like x 5
  8. peripheral

> Cat: think about weird lines on the wall

9. roach

[​IMG]

You ponder the SCRIBBLE. Why would anyone do that to a wall? Was the intention art, or a desperate communication, or might it perhaps of been a sheer accident of fortune that caused this vexing confluence of markings, not dissimilar to the way random happenstance rules all things and makes mockery of the greatest plans of mortal kings—

oh hey it seems like you're actually pretty smart. You still don't know what the fuck's up with the WALL, though. Maybe some asshole did it just for kicks.

• Like x 8
  10. peripheral

> Cat: investigate scribble thoroughly

11. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

>cat: inspect CARDBOARD LUXURY TUBE!!! you've been working so hard. you deserve this.

12. roach

[​IMG]

NEVER BEFORE HAVE YOU KNOWN SUCH JOY.

Your inspection of the CARDBOARD LUXURY CUBE is somewhat less intellectual than your inspection of the scribble, because jumping IN and OUT of the cube has rendered you JAZZED AS FUCK. All you know is it's cardboard and it's a cube and you are in love.

• Like x 11
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

> Cat: Proclaim your joy through a loud rendition of the song of your people.

• Like x 1
  14. roach

[​IMG]

You give voice to a CLASSICAL HAPPINESS SCREAM. Damn, your people's musical composers know where it's at.

• Like x 9
  15. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

There are not enough :D's in all the world to express my delight with this forum adventure.

>Cat: combine CARDBOARD LUXURY CUBE and WHEELY CLIMB OBJECT.

16. roach

[​IMG]

Okay, this seemed like a great idea at first but now you're a little stuck. If you pull the BOX on to the SEAT with you you'll fall off! But if you let go of the cube you will be ADMITTING DEFEAT.

Which you NEVER DO.

• Like x 3
  17. The J

The J 16-layer Fightme Dip

Cat: Spin right round, baby, right round.

18. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Cat: eat box, gain it's power

19. roach

ok i'm knocking off for the night!

TO BE CONTINUED.

• Like x 3
  20. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Cat: Drag box onto chair, be WITNESSED

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice