space loser giant kitty committee (voltron)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by unknownanonymous, Jun 19, 2016.

1. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

ooh, good point. Lemme see if I can find one!
    Edit: alas, there doesn't seem to be one, but I will keep looking.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. prismaticvoid

The thing that has caused me the most emotions so far, though (spoilers for Crystal Venom specifically but if you're this far in the thread without finishing season 1 I cannot help you)
    Question: What helps you prepare for the more emotional acting moments, like when Shiro confronts Sendak?
    Josh Keaton: I...I think of my kids. You gotta put on the dad voice! You gotta get ready to step into danger. There is a primal fury that is in everybody, and once you have kids it's a lot easier to tap into that, because that's when you start feeling that primal aggression to-to protect.

• Like x 2
  3. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Oooh, plot advancement episode. Looks like we're finally spelling out Keith's connection to the Galra.
    Keith's fallen completely in Dad with Shiro and I love it.
    Okay, so this weird society values information so much that they duel to the death over secrets... how do they ever get anything done without massive loss of life? I have to assume that they only do shit like this over personal information, not mission-relevant stuff.
    Keith makes some Good noises during the duel.
    Okay, so his mom's Galra... but we're not gonna talk about it? Keith... why would you just drop the issue just as you've gotten so close to the truth?!?! AAAAAAAA
    This had better get dealt with next episode.

• Like x 4
  4. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

0u0
    It doesn't!

5. paintcat

"The Warden's pet yupper." Oh my god. I love it. It was cute before but now it's the best. Good Laika. You're named after an animation studio and all you can say is "yup." You're perfect.
    Oh dear... My thirst for Shiro... It grows ever stronger..........................

• Like x 6
  6. paintcat

ok but when Shiro had to nab Hunk's lion out of the air why didn't Black grab it by the scruff of the neck with its jaws, that would have been so good
    ...What the fuck, Allura? Keith is the exact same dude he's been this whole time. With a better attitude, even.
    "The universe won't need Voltron" Hey now, surely outer space will still have a place for superheroes!

• Like x 2
  7. paintcat

Yo, Zarkon's robo-armor is pretty neat! I like how the wing dealies can turn into a shield.
    Headcanon: the staff was a traditional weapon for Altean royalty and politicians to train in, as it was considered a less lethal, "diplomatic" weapon.
    Magic Allura! Ooh, I like this.
    Shiro? What????? WHAT. WHERE DID HE GO.
    All right, and a new big bad for next season all lined up. Excellent. I am ready.

• Like x 3
  8. Lizardlicks

Keith really took Shiro's words to heart and I'm so proud of him. He wants to make space bro dad proud too, and he's trying so damn hard.

• Like x 6
  9. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

The Galra mall cop was fantastic and, like - ridiculous? But also it makes complete sense for him to go "huh, that group of people is tossing away disguises right after having gotten in through the security measures, they're probably up to something".

The alien ginsu knife hawker was gr8 and omf, Keith, u dumb baby, why would you hand it over to anyone. Especially a sleezy knife hawker who has the ability to go "yes, officer, that weirdo stole that knife from me, after I let him take a closer look at it".

Corran haggling for the telelenses and the utter ridiculousness of both sides there ("I've got pocket lint" "I'll take your first born" and escalating from there) was just delightful, although Corran trying to find the place was sorta cringe-inducing. Especially the part where he tried bribing the bored attendant who really clearly didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

The Grey's earth stuff store, and the free cow with purchase, was fantastic and Pidge geeking out over what's probably (back on Earth) a really rare game console and game was adorable.

As far as I can tell, Hunk's the only one who didn't pay for what he took (Keith was only reclaiming his own property and got unlucky that the mall cop already suspected the worst of the crew); Pidge and Lance spent most of their time gathering coins out of the wishing fountain, and Corran was bartering with the guy. And Hunk went "oh hey, free samples!" out loud and didn't get corrected on his belief until after he'd racked up five hundred gakk of debt, and probably paid his debt off pretty quickly once he started improving the food at Repit Sal's - Sal wasn't going "we must pursue him, he still owes me money", he was going "I want the best cook in the universe back".

• Like x 4
  10. Lizardlicks

I want a running gag in the next season where Sal keeps showing up in the most inconvenient/nonsensical places and begging Hunk to come back. Hunk ends up giving him lessons and Sal opens up a cooking school.

• Like x 9
  11. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I figure Shiro's losing his shit with Slav is partly down to "Slav is annoying as fuck to spend time around, in the long-term". And the other part of it is, everyone else who's refused to do what he's asking them to do has had perfectly logical reasons for why not and could explain it sensibly. Slav's reasons usually have a lot to do with "but what if this is the universe where doing this otherwise-perfectly innocuous thing is the one where that kills me?!" Which actually suggests that Slav's genius may have something to do with being able to see timelines and figure out the elements that make a specific timeline succeed or fail. (Note that he was correct that once the gravity shield failed, they weren't in a timeline where everyone made it out alive; that put pressure on Keith and whats-his-name to get the system down faster and reduced their ability to both get out safely - whats-his-name ended up having to stay put so that the rest of the crew couldn't just run in and stop the overload from happening.

And yeah, Keith's ability to just go poke at Galra things and get them to do what they were supposed to was getting teased for a while.

And aaaaa, I'm up to date on the series now, and AAAAAAAAAAAA. Where the fuck is Shiro?! Did he vaporize? Is he teleported somewhere? Are they gonna need to use the black lion to track him down? Did they kill Zarkon? Or is he on magic life-support? (It looked like he was on magic life support.) And holy crap, is the prince gonna be Haggar's son?

Seeing how loyal Haggar is was stunning - she's the power behind the throne, but she's definitely not just waiting to take over or using Zarkon as a prop, she's genuinely loyal to him. She worries when he's pushing himself more than is safe, and she's willing to do what she's gotta so that she can give him every edge he needs.
    Why are Haggar and Zarkon still alive? Like - how are they still alive? We've seen them both getting quintessence channeled into them; has that extended their lives? Because Allura seemed to suggest that no-one in the known galaxy could live ten thousand years? (Or maybe Alteans can. Hm.)

• Like x 5
  12. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Watching Shiro lose his shit in a non-triggered PTSD way cleared my skin, watered my crops, and healed my health issues, just for the record XDD

• Like x 8
  13. Lizardlicks

Oh god now I'm imagining the possible tragic/romantic background between Haggar and Zarkon aaaaaaaah I want it ;_;

• Like x 5
  14. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I love every fic that makes Coran the real Space Dad and by love I mean I'm crying

• Like x 4
  15. kmoss

kmoss whoops

now I'm imagining Coran and shiro co-space dadding, where coran is the one who asks how your day is going and if you've thought about college, and shiro is the one who threatens mean teachers and moves you into your dorm room

• Like x 5
  16. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Ok so
    Found family?
    Found family with great character arcs for all of the main characters?
    Found family with amazing ocs who I want to hug?
    Found family with extensive worldbuilding?
    This fic has everything

• Like x 3
  17. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Hate to double post but I read this post and now have a headcanon that Shiro started a DnD game for "teambuilding"
    • Keith basically plays himself- a half-orc ranger with a lion animal companion. This was before he knew he was part Galra. He just thought half-orcs were more interesting than half-elves.
    • Lance plays a showy motherfucking bard and has so much fun, except for when a combo of "low level caster" and shitty rolls make him feel like he's not doing much- not to mention he tends to get the party into a lot of...disagreements (like the time he tried to get them free beds by flirting with an innkeeper, rolled a nat 1, and ended up proposing to the innkeeper AND his daughter).
    • Pidge is a vicious minmaxing goblin who will be the death of Shiro. "So I have a question about gunslinger feats" they ask, a devious gleam in their eye. Shiro looks skyward for deliverance.
    • Hunk's first character is a human cleric, but his anxiety gave him a lot of issues actually acting for fear of doing something wrong and getting everyone killed. He ends up ditching that character and making a dwarven artificer that is a lot of fun.
    • "Ahhhhh," says Coran, after Shiro has carefully explained the system. "We had something like that on Altea, except instead of rolling dice you had to throws darts at rampaging yelmores while blindfolded to successfully complete an action!" Ok Coran. Lance talks him into playing a halfling bard, which Keith is eternally salty about.
    • Allura makes a human fighter. Everyone teases her for being boring. She arrives in full costume with a forty page backstory and a real sword.

• Like x 18
  18. prismaticvoid

Everything about this is delightful omg

• Like x 7
  19. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I love you all and love your fic reccs, seriously, but can anyone recc me good Sheith? Somehow it became My Ship. I err on the sides of whump and weird rather than fluff but tbh I'll try whatever.

Plz return to your conversation don't mind my questionable taste -brushes dust away-

• Like x 1
  20. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice