space loser giant kitty committee (voltron)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by unknownanonymous, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

I think you're right! It would be nice if this was addressed, particularly by means of someone actually asking Pidge's preference, that would be amazing...

Bonus stupid idea: I want to see a crossover between LD and DotU just because!

• Like x 2
  2. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

I agree that Keith and Pidge have a lot of the same bad-decision issues! The difference I see is that Pidge <i>plans</i> more--e.g., trying to ditch the team to find the Holts is a pretty bad choice (as Pidge eventually acknowledges), but Pidge plans it out in advance, acknowledges that the Green Lion should stay with Voltron, preps the pod, gathers supplies, tries to inform people in a logical order, etc. While Keith, if he has a plan going on at all when he makes his decisions, doesn't seem to consider contingencies, and <i>definitely</i> doesn't articulate them to the team (I actually agree that his diving into fights probably arises in part from protective urges, but literally all he says to the others in 11 when he's breaking off from the plan is "I'm going after Shiro!"). I think both of them, if they took over leadership, would have to deal with those problems and would have to deal with some disasters they caused in doing so; Keith would have to communicate <i>way</i> better, and I strongly suspect Pidge would lay out some very detailed plans that turned out to be <i>very bad</i> plans rooted in bad choices, but that the team would enact anyway because they looked so solid.

...Actually, I think the very best long-term scenario, if Shiro vanished and Allura didn't take over the role, would be Pidge and Keith co-running shit. The strengths and weaknesses I see in them would be pretty complementary.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Like x 4
  3. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Someone who vids needs to do a Pidge video to They Might Be Giant's "She's Actual Size."

• Like x 2
  4. OtherCat

*snicker*

5. OtherCat

I alternate between "they" and "she" because I kind of headcanon her as nonbinary/discovering that they're nonbinary

• Like x 2
  6. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

• Like x 3
  7. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

thank you for reminding me that song exists, and yes, someone really does. :D

• Like x 3
  8. OtherCat

Because I am strange: VLD is set in some near-middle far future with hoverbikes. How familiar with Homestuck would they be, if we assume that Homestuck maintains a consistent interest/fandom into said near-middle far future if it exists there? If they are familiar with Homestuck, to what level would they be fans or identify with the storyline/characters?

Pidge: Homestuck trash and the child of Homestuck trash Their favorite character is Jade, though she also likes Roxy and Sollux who they ship <3<

Keith: Not familiar with Homestuck. Does not understand why Pidge will occasionally excitedly say "were making this happen!" or other catch phrases.

Shiro: was dragged kicking and screaming into the fandom by Matt. Really likes Ancestor fic, particularly about The Signless. Likes the music a lot. Probably has read Boat Trolls and identifies strongly with Bel before Kerberos. Identifies more strongly with Galley post Kerberos and captivity.

Lance: Not very familiar with Homestuck.

Hunk: is familiar with Homestuck, does not understand a lot of the jokes. Identifies with Tavros. Ships Aradia<3< Sollux.

Allura: Is introduced to homestuck. Has no concept of how to think of it.

Horrifyingly hilarious idea: Pidge somehow uploads the entire Homestuck Experience onto the Galran equivalent of the internet. Because this is something they have on computer. It becomes very popular and is considered to be some kind of very subversive critique of the Empire.

• Like x 11
  9. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

if he's read boat trolls has he also read kintsugi?

• Like x 6
  10. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Hello Voltron thread! I am late to the party as usual but I am on episode 4. Reactions so far: Allura is a delight. Pidge is my favorite. And Shiro needs a hug.

• Like x 5
  11. Xitaqa

Xitaqa Secretly awesome

Full agreement

• Like x 2
  12. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I binged the entire season this afternoon, and my biggest impressions are:
    1. It is really weird seeing the blocky 80s-style Lion/Voltron designs next to all those more organic shapes on all the other tech, including stuff by the same people who presumably made them. It's kind of jarring.
    2. Ha, totally called the big season finale plot twist.
    3. Shiro isn't quite My Type, but he's close enough that I desperately want to know the rest of his backstory so I can start coming up with ways to make it worse. >888333
    4. OH COME ON HOW COULD YOU END LIKE THAT YOU BASTARDS.

• Like x 7
  13. OtherCat

If kintsugi still exists in the future with hoverbikes. (Or if someone put everything in word docs or whatever descendants/equivalents exist in Hoverbike Future.)

• Like x 2
  14. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

voltron peeps looking at fine imported drama and being super confused

• Like x 4
  15. OtherCat

I think drama/wank would be pretty understandable? (Unless they were seeing Our Universe kintsugi and not Their Universe kintsugi, in which case, yes.)

• Like x 1
  16. OtherCat

I think I gave myself a bunny. FML.

• Like x 2
  17. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

sure, but are we going to ship Zarkon and HIC or

• Like x 8
  18. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

sldkjfghldsfkjgh

• Like x 2
  19. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I always want to see fic that pits the Alternian Empire up against other big bad space juggernauts.

Idea: three-way cluster fuck trolls vs galra vs yeerks.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice