SPLATOON

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by MintyJojo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Sorry to be vent-y. Just had a game where someone spent the first 30-40 seconds following right behind me, shooting slightly in front/just behind me with their blaster. I'm a Roller, and I'm rolling. Let me get my points and either hit the spots I'm missing or save your ink, but shooting it there isn't going to net you much and it just frustrates me because you could be doing so much more good in the middle.

I know they were probably young, new, or a troll, but I wish I could've told them that it wasn't useful somehow. Oh well.

EDIT: Also, when people with the Rainmaker treat it like the Inkzooka and not the Flag.

Still love this game, sorry to be a downer, just... finally encountering the "Oh no, teaaam" thing I guess.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    • Like x 1
  2. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

HAHAHA yeeeeah that happens. Hey, think of it this way! At least it wasn't a second roller following slightly behind you.

Don't worry 'bout it, complain about your bad games all you want!

Gosh, being the one left with the Rainmaker is difficult though. It's mainly just running and praying your team is competent enough to protect you.

• Like x 1
  3. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Oh, that happens too. But sometimes I do it, and it evens out.

The reason it was frustrating is that I'd cleared a path ahead of them that led straight to the goal, and was on my way back the moment I realized they weren't following me like I'd thought. They were trying to fight off opponenets to the side along with another teammate instead of just squidding to victory.

Wouldn't bother me so much except that I've won two games so far (getting me into the B-Ranks!) just by grabbing the rainmaker first thing, getting one line of ink out, squidding and running and jumping through enemy territory, and scoring while they're bogged down with my teammates. Not to take all the credit: others have done it too, and it's one of the teammates' jobs -- be more distracting than the actual problem. But it feels like sometimes people think "It's a great weapon, I must kill them with it to win" instead of "Gotta get this as far into enemy territory as possible."

Would also whine less if they hadn't retreated about a quarter of the map back toward our spawn.

Ah well. B-ranks now, should be fun!

• Like x 1
  4. MintyJojo

Congrats on making the B ranks!

Also yeah, way too many people who grab the thing go for the splats which is no good considering the thing makes you pretty much into a walking shiny target. I've had days where I'm holding the rainmaker and I make it to the base thinking "how the HELL did I survive that" because boy does the opposing team come after ya

And yet somehow I still prefer rainmaker to tower control? Weird.

OH! I was gonna ask, what did you think of that new map, Hammerhead Bridge? Definitely not so ideal for chargers; there's a preference for a high spot somewhere near the middle of the map with chargers I think. It's a good spot to choke the enemy, giving your own team ample time to ink over them - that is, providing you're a good shot! But there isn't really a good one like that in Hammerhead Bridge. I tend to have the most fun there with either a roller, or a slosher so far.

5. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Callie and Marie

Callie and Marie

CALLIE AND MARIE

Calamari

I feel so dumb.

• Like x 2
  6. MintyJojo

• Like x 1
  7. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

Just read the wiki, their names are puns in every language XD at least the sisters

• Like x 1
  8. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

Does anyone who plays Splatoon wanna swap Nintendo IDs and squad it up in ranked? I'm particularly good with sniping rifles and blasters and buckets. I am awesome at Splat Zones and pretty good with Rainmaker. Tower Control is my least favorite, but I'll play it. Or we could just do turf wars on regular battle if that's more your style.

actionjackson105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice