St. Lobaf's Institute for Gifted You- wait, wrong thing

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by peripheral, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

2. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

true fact: spaceship is autobiographical. handflappy fistbumps yo

• Like x 8
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

LUCA THANK YOU FOR YOUR THING THAT HAS GREATLY HELPED WITH MY MENTAL HEALTH.

• Like x 2
  4. Aondeug

BARNACLE AND MERCURY TOO

• Like x 1
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I don't really handfap so much as I finger-wiggle. So...*finger-wiggly fistbunp somehow*

• Like x 1
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

...*handflap. i meant handflap.

• Like x 4
  7. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

Wheee brainbent! I was so thrilled when it started updating again.

And yeah, it was a big help to me. I knew I was depressed, I got that diagnosis at like age 3, but I didn't know I had anxiety until BB!Karkat. And Tavros, geez. "I believe that everyone who wants to, deserves to be happy" is one of the most important lines in all of fiction to me. (Also just the idea of Tavros getting to be a happy grownup just gives me all the fuzzies.)

And, uh, it was also really cool when I sent in a fic and it got canonized. *awkwardbrag* Even though it had that note that I'd intended to just be for the mods but I forgot to actually say that and it got published with the fic...

Anyway, if we did a Brainbent RP I would totally play Karkat. Though I don't know what I'd do with my Davekat feels since Brainbent has canon Karkat<>Gamzee and Ace!Dave.

• Like x 2
  8. Aondeug

CAN I BE KANYAN

• Like x 1
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

reading brainbent made me cry so many times because everything was confusing but brainbent made sense. It put things and experiences into words.

it also pretty much saved my life, because when I found bb i was in a shit place mentally and really didn't know how to deal, and the mods gave me the push i needed to get my ass to therapy.
    and i know ive said it already, but i think it bears repeating, but @Vast Derp @Mercury @rainbowbarnacle you guys saved my life and my sanity. thank you so fucking much.

more on-topic, dave's dissociation stuff resonated a lot with me.
    nepeta's stuff seemed half-familiar in the brain-level until i could draw the connections on why (the secret lessons for everyone else must have happened, but i never even noticed that i was speaking an entirely different language from them. i was absolutely not self-aware as a child/adolescent and i blame my mom)

rose is powerful, that's the only word i have for her, clinging to what little control she can get, and her situation is so heartbreaking ;;_;;
    all the stories are powerful (although i have to admit to skipping eridan's. probably should read those, regarding some of shit i pulled)

calliope is absolutely adorable

(and i wanna give gamzee a big ol hug)
    (im the hug monster, it's me)

• Like x 4
  10. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

@TheSeer and @Aondeug YES to both your things

Now I really want to be Gamz.

(For reasons)

(I may not be very good though)

11. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Honestly, I don't even read Homestuck, but that AU is awesome.

12. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

/15 hours late with Starbucks

Thank you all too, and thanks for remembering I'm a part of it! (A lot of people forget/don't notice, so I'm always really glad when people do!) It's so cool that I've been able to be a part of something that's been so helpful and comforting for people. And you have me to blame for trans!Karkat. :3

• Like x 2
  13. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

There's a reason Karkat reminds me of myself.
    Thank you so much, seriously, it's just.
    //flails in sheer joy at the existence of this AU

• Like x 1
  14. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

dave's dissociation and downplaying hits me where i live. idk if i ever told y'all that.

15. Imoyram

Whoops ive benn reading brainbent all afternoon and accidentally fanarted (sorta)
    [​IMG]
    viewable size^
    realsize v
    [​IMG]
    (also did some at lunch but that requires taking pictures to post. maybe in a few days)

• Like x 3
  16. Imoyram

I have never before considered
    John <> Sollux
    or ​
    Gamzee <3 Sollux

but i most definitely have now.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice