Star Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by MagicalBoy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Pf, man I don't even care. I don't know if I even ship them like that, mostly I just want to see them hurt each other more. ... ok thas a little fucked up innit

• Like x 2
  2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

angsty stabby borzoi is now what I'm going to imagine when I rewatch the movie. Thanks guys

• Like x 6
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Their jedi lineage is pretty fucked up anyway. They almost alternate between Jedi and Sith.

• Like x 3
  4. vegacoyote

Ah, man, I can't think of a good ending for the meme. Hey guys, finish this sentence: This weird horse just...

• Like x 3
  5. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

this weird horse just broke an expensive spaceship console with its mind. again.

• Like x 6
  6. emythos

• Like x 3
  7. swirlingflight

oh my god that's what borzoi are. it's true. it's so true. when my friend and i left the theater, for like half of the trip home all i could talk about was "I couldn't believe he was Han and Leia's kid because his face is too long. Where did that face come from? How is he so long???" and my friend was making agreeable noises about sad horses.

• Like x 2
  8. vegacoyote

And his height, too! Leia is tiny, Han's not tiny but he's not that tall, where did that come from? I was wondering if maybe growth abnormality related to how much Force he's got running through him. We've never seen even master Jedi stop blaster bolts mid air.

Well, and then plus there's the hair. With what went into that mix he shouldn't have come out anything other than mousey. I agree with what someone earlier said, he must be dying it because no self-respecting Sith Lord goes around being dishwater brunette.

• Like x 9
  9. emythos

I like to imagine him sitting around fussing over his hair. Can you imagine how bad of a case of helmet hair he could get?

• Like x 3
  10. swirlingflight

Height I can concede, since I don't think we've ever seen Han's parents. I know my brother got his random absurd height from one of my grandparents, the rest of them are short. Bro's one of the two tallest people in the extended family. And by extended I mean I've got over 25 first cousins.

• Like x 2
  11. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I've been humming this since I got back from the theatre yesterday. Also, as soon as the opening credits started, I actually burst into tears. (I GET...REALLY EMOTIONAL ABOUT STAR WARS OK)

• Like x 4
  12. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I, too, burst into tears when the opening credits started

I was too young when the prequel movies came out to see them in theaters, so this was my first time seeing anything Star Wars in a theater and /god/ that was emotional. Especially hearing about the awe my parents felt going to the fist movie way back when and being able to get a taste of what that must have been like. It was almost like a 'my life has been leading to this moment' feeling.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    • Like x 7
  13. theambernerd

I was eleven (edit: nope actually I was 10 1/2) when Revenge of the Sith came out, I think, it's just my parents were VERY literal about PG-13, and any section of a movie that they determined was too mature for me they would skip past on the DVD. So I wasn't allowed to go see Revenge of the Sith in theaters, even though I think I remember literally the rest of my family going to see it, though my middle sister doesn't remember seeing it in theaters so maybe I was overdramatic about the unfairness in my head.

Along these lines, I was also not allowed to see the sequence of saving Han from Jabba until I was literally 13. No bikini Leia for me. They skipped that whole first chapter and started the movie when it cut to the death star. I think I was 11-12 when I was finally allowed to see Han getting tortured in Empire Strikes Back.. don't remember if there was anything else that was censored to me in Star Wars. I mostly was just soooo curious about how they saved Han because it was the biggest chunk they ever skipped out for me.

• Like x 1
  14. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I was around 11 when TPM came out, I think? At the very least I saw 2+3 in theatres, I remember getting really excited about the dvds and watching all the behind the scenes stuff. So the prequels were my childhood, essentially, which is probably why I'm a bit protective of them.

15. vegacoyote

I got to see all the prequels in the theater. Think I was 15ish? Anyway, I was disappointed. They weren't my Star Wars. I imagine it's different for people who grew up with the prequels.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. It taints expectations and sweetens that which is already familiar.

This is the first Star Wars I saw in the theater that gave me the same feeling as I had watching the originals. To my Star Wars crack baby soul, this felt like coming home. I'm really glad if fans of the prequels are getting any of that rush too.

• Like x 1
  16. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Bad horse, bad horse, bad horse, he's bad

He rides across the galaxy, the throughbred of sin. He got the application that you just sent in

• Like x 11
  17. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I think a lot of things skipped a generation when it comes to Ren. A lot of things. Considering he's having Anakin's "Villain's journey" character arc, but written better, and we've already seen the turn, so now it's just watching him cement his path to the dark side and make the choices that will make him STAY there. It makes you wonder, really, about how stuck to the light side the jedi in that family line really are. They all seem to live in a little shifting world of being devoted to their cause, but only barely.

It's almost like light/dark dichotomies are really simplified and it's way easier to shift from one to the other than people pretend. Almost

• Like x 8
  18. theambernerd

It's very different. Nostalgia is super powerful.

Like, when I was 12-13 and my parents let me watch Revenge of the Sith? I /loved/ it. I cite Anakin in that movie, embarrassingly enough, as my first crush. I remember when I got my own dvd player for my room and headphones I would play that movie 2-3 times a day, I would fall asleep to it. After my obsession waned I didn't watch the movie at all pretty much until a year ago I think?? when littlewhitemouse and I watched it to just. see. And oh my god, I'd realized slowly that it was bad over the years, but. oh. my. GOD. The acting was good in my 12 year old head, I swear.

edit: in hindsight, it helps that Revenge of the Sith came out exactly when three things were happening: i was starting to do fandom things online, I was just old enough to start anticipating and looking forward to things, and I was in my dark and edgy phase

• Like x 4
  19. theambernerd

oh my god you're so right

• Like x 3
  20. emythos

You ever see those fanfics that are like "(insert characters) Watch Their Movie/Read Their Book/Whatever?"
    That, but with the new group watching the prequels.

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice