Star Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by MagicalBoy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

-delighted noises- TRAUMA

Loved the Poe trauma, good, love that stubborn man trying to not be emotionally violated

Also love that feral, bitterly betrayed Kylo Ren, good, hope for more pain in the future

• Like x 1
  2. leitstern

It seems to be his weapon spinning skills that have won them over

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  3. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i found this on fb and im cackling
    [​IMG]

• Like x 14
  4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

bro
    Edit for actual comment: Just saw the movie again and I really wanna nerd about fighting techniques with somebody

• Like x 5
  5. leitstern

I know absolutely zero about fighting techniques but consider this an invitation to babble if you want one.

6. rats

I know a lot about sabre stuff if that's what you mean by fighting techniques. . .?

7. prismaticvoid

Hehe sorry let me actually finish my thought. :P Watching different characters try to handle lightsabers was super interesting given my background with stage/stunt fighting because I tend to kinda scrutinize choreography.
    In the last fight with Kylo Ren, we see Finn who has never needed to handle a melee weapon in his life, and he pretty obviously has no idea what to do with it but he does get the basic idea of "keep your weapon between the opponent's weapon and your body" as well as can be expected. He also keeps fighting for more distance between the two of them, I don't remember if he still has a blaster at that point but he's probably expecting to have one.
    Rey, on the other hand, has been using melee weapons and hand-to-hand her whole life, and is much more physically agile than Finn. What's interesting with her is she uses the saber like she's expecting it to be longer than it actually is, using a lot of jabbing moves and blocks that make more sense for a quarterstaff.
    (I'm personally really hoping that when she gets her own saber it's double-ended because yes)

• Like x 7
  8. rats

• Like x 2
  9. leitstern

BB8 canonically genderfluid spread the word

• Like x 5
  10. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I have jumped on the Rey<>Finn and Finn<3Poe train. Red OT3 or pale OT3 also acceptable. I would also love to see some good "Finn tries to adapt to a normal life of not being a stormtrooper and does not do great at it" fic. Also, please consider stormtroopers forming fragile secret friendships and hiding small acts of rebellious caring and holding onto tiny scraps of humanity in the face of constant, crushing oppression. I am considering it because I like pain.

• Like x 13
  11. prismaticvoid

ugh I need more of all of this. People remain people even in stressful and abusive situations and I really want to see what kind of social groups formed in that environment. We saw with Finn that the brainwashing can't always be totally successful, and given the right circumstances I imagine that more Stormtroopers, especially the younger ones, would defect.
    What's also interesting is that they showed how acts of rebellion are handled by the First Order. Finn went against his orders so he's a traitor, and no good Stormtrooper would want to think kindly of a traitor, would they?

• Like x 3
  12. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

oh no it'd be precious
    someone write it I must see this cuteness

• Like x 2
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

So I cried for the last 25 minutes of the movie and @Imoyram can attest to this

• Like x 1
  14. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I had crying sisters on both sides and was just like "EHHH I CANT COMFORT PAP BOTH OF YOU AT THE SAME TIME"

also BB8 is adorable
    shipping is fun in all pairings, literally anything rn
    rey is obi wan's granddaughter.
    that would be where the accent comes from
    and the powers
    (not my hteory but hey, do with it what you wish)

(also this was basically my first star wars movie I really remember, so I will probably participate less in discussion)

• Like x 1
  15. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Omg yes! (If you find any fics to that nature LINK ME BECAUSE REASONS <3) With a extra side helping of ashen Poe-Ren-Rey because motherFUCK does that boy need some sense knocked into him XDD

Kylo (more like KyNO) desperately needs a fucking moirail, for serious. I'd nominate Hux but that guy seems more pitch for him than anything?

• Like x 3
  16. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

*SCREAMING THAT ALTERNATES BETWEEN "EXCITED" AND "ANGUISHED"*

I just saw it

• Like x 2
  17. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
    HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAHHHJ

1) Called the Han Solo death scene. "I'll do anything to help you" Oh no. Oh no, they wouldn't. *sun goes out* OH NO. At this point I have my hand clapped over my open, horrified mouth. My husband (who had already seen it twice) isn't even watching the movie, I can see him watching me out of the corner of my eye. I cried.
    2) I have never had a spade ship smack me in the feels so hard and fast as Kylo <3< Rey holy SHIT that interrogation scene. No shit:
    "You know I can just take what I want" OH NO I SHIP IT. That thought actually happened. I want them spades, I need them post-redemption arc flushed like I need air.
    3) Hello yes I am late to the OT3/OT4 trash party but I brought snacks sign me the fuck up.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like x 9
  18. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Finding out a) who Kylo Ren was and b) what is real name was = a one-two sucker punch right in the feels. AUGH and oh god yeah does he ever have the biggest ugliest spadecrush on Rey.

Also, I was so very tickled by Finn getting a little carried away taking Phasma hostage.

And BB-8's little thumbs-up.

And those two Stormtroopers noping the fuck out when they realize a Kylo Ren Temper Tantrum is going down in a room they are approaching.

And... "I'll drop my weapon on the way out. *clunk*"

• Like x 9
  19. prismaticvoid

Btw the Stormtrooper who drops his weapon was Daniel Craig!

• Like x 6
  20. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

There are quite a few cameos by fairly big-name actors. I totally couldn't tell that the junkyard guy was Simon Pegg.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice