Star Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by MagicalBoy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Finally saw it! Company paid too.

I liked that the creepily sexual interrogation scene was M/M and not when Rey was in the chair. I don't remember them doing any SEXY things at all with her at all. You don't need to when the characters are appealing.

• Like x 9
  2. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I quoted this to my gf and we agreed that we don't think, in the canon as we know it, there is anyone both able and willing to be Kylo's moirail. One or the other, sure, but probably not both. And yeah if there is a thing with him and Hux, it's a spades thing. It has to be a spades thing. He's all about the hate and using the hate to make him stronger and using it to fuel his passionate... uh... wow I totally derailed my own train of thought into a weird place and forgot where it was headed ok

ANYWAY Kylo, at least in my head, just seems to endlessly spadescrush people. I don't know if he lost or never had the ability to heartscrush people but he seems to depend on the passion of hate and anger in order to feel passion. Anything else would probably freak him out. I really don't think we have anyone both patient and strong willed enough to get past that in order to be his moirail who also, like, wants to do that. I mean, in the canon of this movie. People in this thread excluded.

eta cannot spell

• Like x 3
  3. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Oh gog, can you imagine how stressed out his auspistice would be?!

• Like x 7
  4. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

as much as i love hux <3< kylo. . . i feel like it would be so much fun to watch hux try to auspistice

• Like x 3
  5. Aviari

KYLO NO
    KYLO YES.

Kylo we've already tripled the tech dept's budget, they won't send us any more computers Kylo we have training droids and slaves for a reason

• Like x 10
  6. leitstern

If by 'how stressed his auspistice would be' you mean 'how dead the last three who attempted to auspistice him probably are'

Actually though I like the idea of Hux trying to auspistice him if just because it helps maintain the surly, determined to be slightly removed air the fandom has injected into him. No, god, I don't LIKE Kylo I am literally trying to maintain order in my vessel, at three in the morning, in another man's bedroom

• Like x 12
  7. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I finally saw Force Awakened yesterday. I am a little bit obsessed with Rey.

I bought a figurine of her and BB-8.

Send help.

Ok but I just, intensely don't want to romantically ship Rey with anyone. I ship Rey with Being An Amazing Jedi. I don't care if other people ship her with people but I for some reason just cannot ship her.

That said, I ship Rey <> Finn hella hard. They're both like, the first people to see each other as people, not like cogs in a machine? The junkyard guy obviously just sees Rey as a form of profit. Finn is just seen as another faceless stormtrooper. But they look at each other and see a person. I just. I love it. I love male-female friendships. AAAAAAHHH.

Also I love how Rey is like obviously upset and freaking out, but she continues to be determined to get things done. She's been dreaming of the Rebellion since she was a kid, and she finally gets to be a part of it and realises it's actually like... Full of fighting and death and coming face to face with evil and she is obviously terrified but she keeps going and I love it. Characters that are having appropriate emotional reactions to violent situations are my jam. Like the pause she gives when she first kills a stormtrooper in person and she's like, "Oh shit," but then she gets that determined grit of her teeth and keeps shooting like YESSSSSS.

My hobby is perseverating on specific characters in things, you're welcome.

• Like x 10
  8. eschatoLegation

eschatoLegation luxEfficient

I made a post on my sideblog about my Trans Feels wrt to Finn and his arc, but since literally nobody follows that blog I just wanna... crosspost it here to see what people think...

http://it-s-patsy.tumblr.com/post/137103085595/this-post-is-actually-p-much-central-to-my-trans

• Like x 1
  9. leitstern

Man, I need to rewatch this movie, but most of the theaters around me have stopped showing it already. It's because I live by only small theaters that only show a few movies at a time, and, well, it has been a while. No car to drive to theaters farther away, but whatever. There are things you just don't want to pirate becaues you want to see it in QUALITY so badly. Sighs.

I just want the ability to nitpick and screencap and pause and rewind this movie so I can make fantheories. Movie industry plz

10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

omgah guys you have to watch this

11. Aviari

Yooooo @Dist what server?!

12. Aviari

Damn, I'm on Shadowlands :(

13. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

but also consider this

• Like x 3
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I just watched The Phantom Menace for the first time while drinking with my roommate. my conclusions: 1) the jedi are ASSHOLES 2) i wasn't drunk enough for jar jar binks

also darth maul had a cool theme and I wish he'd lasted longer.

• Like x 5
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

• Like x 3
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Just finished Revenge of the Sith. It was actually really good! Are the other two prequels just tainted by association with ep. 1 so everyone assumes they're terrible too? Because Anakin's slow turn to the dark side was so freaking good holy shit. In the words of my roommate, AN EMOTION IS TRANSPIRING.

also: THE JEDI ARE ASSHOLES

• Like x 6
  18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

>w< i havent watched Revenge of the Sith much since I was in middle school, except once. I know the usual complaints boil down to bad script as far as lines go, and hayden christensen's acting being non-believable..
    it rly warms my heart that you enjoyed it so much though!! I rly loved anakin's turn when I was younger and cried a lot over that movie <3

• Like x 1
  19. Aviari

Y'know what this thread needs? Fic recs. I am wading through piles of bantha fodder, I just know there's juicy stuff in here and I am not picky about pairings. Help.

There is a surprising amount of hilarious crack, at least.

• Like x 1
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Haha maybe I am (appropriately enough) too blinded by The Feels to notice some of the flaws atm. I think there were a couple lines that stood out as questionable but I can't remember what they are atm. And why don't people like Christensen's acting? It was great! not award-winning or anything probably, but still very good (in my very inexpert opinion).

Could be I'm also a little bit blinded by coolness because this movie had a lot of really cool shit in it. Roommate and I spent the whole time General Grievous was on screen making high-pitched shrieking noises at his design. When he did the thing with his arms? and then the lightsaber fight? oh my god SO COOL. And his digitigrade robot talons! and his prowling gait! And then there was the incredibly awesome feathered iguana dragon that Obi-Wan rode around on for like half an hour and the weird pterodactyls on that planet. I am absolutely nuts for things that look like dragons and let me tell you this movie delivered.

Also seconding the request for fic recs! As soon as I see TFA I'm gonna read through this whole thread probably and then go on a fanfic binge so if anyone can recommend me places to start on that that would be neat :D If there's any good luke/han/leia out there I suspect I am gonna be luke/han/leia trash so please please tell me about it. Same for platonic trio-focused things. I am always a slut for trios.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    • Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice