Statement Begins (The Magnus Archives) Statement Ends

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Nobody's Home, Sep 23, 2018.

1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Adelaard, you beautiful bastard, I can't think of a better way to go out than "self-immolating on a throne of mutilated corpses." I don't know if we have canon information on his specific faith but I'm calling it for Catholic because that's a martyrdom out of a 15th-century woodcut

I'm glad Melanie has a girlfriend and a therapist and a cat (Admiral purring ASMR 10 hrs) though she needed to gouge her eyes out with an auger to get her happy ending.

I'm very worried about what's got Helen so amused. She's starting to sound increasingly like Michael.

How is an avatar of the Lonely supposed to forestall the emergence of the Extinction? I would think of those as allied Powers, if anything. I'm almost inclined to think Peter Lukas is lying and his whole deal with Martin is meant to sabotage the Watcher's Crown -- except Elias would never have left him in charge if that were the case. I don't know what the fuck is going on

2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Got to the part where Jon's Thing is explained. And also the end of S1 I believe?

Jon dear you tried so hard but you're pretty transparent. Also kind of a dork.

"Martin... Did you die in the Archive?" And Martin relentlessly teasing him for thinking he was a ghost. Jon Jon Jonny you dork. You dingus. I love you you codfish.

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 1
  3. The Frood Abides

I read a theory on r/TMA that suggested Lukas's plan is to midwife the Extinction rather than aborting it, which is plausible. He's working with Fairchild, and the Vast and the Lonely both seem thematically linked to empty worlds and human insignificance. Also, Lukas and Fairchild have both mentioned failed rituals. Maybe they're aiming to increase their own Powers' dominance by introducing a new one into the balance, if ascension is off the table for the next century. An insane gamble, maybe, but they both seem nihilistic enough to risk it.

4. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

episode 158...... good

5. The Frood Abides

No spoilers but WHAT THE FUCK

• Agree x 2
  6. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. The Frood Abides

...well. I suppose that explains some things.
    I wonder if Basira lived. God, the Archive's going to be a wreck when they get back.

9. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

“I loved you” = me sobbing.

• Agree x 1
  10. The Frood Abides

Well how are they going to get a whole other season out of THIS???

11. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

Rip Peter Lukas you’re my favorite asshole. Also I’m in desperate need of some soft apocalypse fanfics.
    Bad decisions by Bastille is a Jon/Martin song.

12. kmoss

kmoss whoops

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

but seriously, that was a masterfully revealed thing and now I have to relisten to the whole damn thing. also I love how apparently we're split into "people who are feral over the first five minutes" vs. "people who are feral over the LAST five minutes"

14. alwaysboth

alwaysboth The Cryptid

Two days later, I'm still screaming over 160.

15. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

16. Nobody's Home

[FANART] s2 TMA Jonny Archives Garbage Bag Items
    eta has some s3 spoilers
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 2
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

sometimes you realize that jonny the real person is in a band, and then you listen to that band, and then suddenly you're writing a the mechanisms/the Magnus archives fic
    and you've heavily implied that gertrude not only encountered them but attempted to bomb their ship.

this is on top of the power swap fic I'm already writing
    someone stop me

this is how I'm coping with the end of this season XD

• Winner x 4
  18. Nobody's Home

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Just listened to episode 74 (Fatigue) after a bit of a hiatus (I wasn't doing any of my usual podcast listening activities) and. That was pretty much insomnia: the episode right there. Didn't mention the weird things shadows start doing ~four days in, but probably just to avoid cross contamination with the weird shit surrounding shadows and darkness in-universe.

• Like x 2
  20. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

The season 5 trailer drops on the 24th!
    I spent the past few months catching up and I gotta say, this might be right up there with TAZ Balance as one of my all time favorite podcasts.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice