Stay Whelmed, Season 3 is Coming (Young Justice Cartoon fanthread!)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KarrinBlue, Jun 9, 2017.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

It's happened before, so...

2. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

The discord says that the invitation has expired, so I can't join the conversation.

3. KarrinBlue

https://discord.gg/nq3MTAA

Here!

(also, many people are following along with the livestream, so please keep spoilers to the spoiler-room or s3 speculation!)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. Jean

5. KarrinBlue

Hm, I want to play with AUs but I'm not sure which ones yet...

6. KarrinBlue

There's avatar, of course (waterbender Kaldur, nonbenders robin and Artemis, I think wally would be a firebender and superboy an earthbender)

And voltron probably? Though the elemental associations unfortunately screw up aqualad's place as leader and Yellow's position of tank doesn't mesh with wally being highly mobile and bad at taking hits, robin and Artemis can take red and green.

7. KarrinBlue

So, we made it to the end of s1! Thoughts? Headcanons? Theories?

I am still pleased at how the finale went -
    the team vs the league isn't even a fight, really. In a brawl the league outclasses them by miles. The team wins because they've trained together for months, because they know how to work together, and because they're not afraid to use sneak attacks or cheap shots. Which is GREAT. also I love found family so much.

8. KarrinBlue

• Like x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

SCREEEEEEEE

tumblr_otgevjRWKV1vr03dxo1_1280.jpg DFRwOuOU0AEaBqO.jpg

STEPHANIE
    ARROWETTE
    NEW SHOW ORIGINAL GIRL

NEW COSTUMES FOR THE BOYS

STEALTH MODE TIGRESS AND NINJA NIGHTWING

SUPERBOY WITH A NEW SHIRT

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  10. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Let's be real here, Superboy with a new shirt is the REAL breaking news.

But EEEEEEE VIRGIL!

• Agree x 1
  11. Jean

!!!!! Stephanie! :DDD

• Like x 1
  12. KarrinBlue

Higher quality ones!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  13. Birdy

Birdy so long

arsenal is an antifa who thinks stealing from walmart is destroying capitalism

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. KarrinBlue

an interesting thing:

It is sort of possible to tell when Jaime's body is being controlled by Scarab and when it is being controlled by the Ambassador! Scarab Jaime tends to sound very similar to Jaime, just less patient or nice, and Ambasador tends to sound very verbose, and he emphasizes things slightly awkwardly. Compare 'how about we up the decibels' against 'don't waste the oxygen, hermano. there's very little left.'

15. KarrinBlue

Fun fact: Greg Weisman's ideal voice actor for Braniac is Sir Patrick Stewart.

16. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Yeah but sir Patrick Stewart is just the ideal in general.

• Agree x 3
  17. KarrinBlue

Young justice characters ranked by how much they fanfic:

• Conner: does not understand what this is about. Missed out on being 13 and watching Naruto. Pure.
    • Kaldur: Atlantis doesn't really do storytelling in the same way as surface cultures do- but there's a lot of community storytelling and expectations that everyone attends the theatre. My headcanon is that they do more of the "start with familiar archetypes and stories and remix them" over original ones, and if you get enough people around the same campfire thermal vent they'll start sharing. Kaldur was pretty good at it, and is a bit sad that the others don't have that custom (They pick it up after Tula and Garth join the team, though.)
    • Dick: does not write much, but he and babs exchange fic they find. He writes a lot of good meta/analysis/nitpick/theory posts though. He also spams the others with terrible justice league RPF. His own fic is probably uniformly for mystery shows, thoroughly hidden, and his readers think he's a hermit who lives in the caverns of Prague with strong opinions on gravity falls.
    • Wally and Artemis: tied at the 'wrote so much fanfic' stage.
      • Small Artemis: wrote so many tough gritty mary sue archers into naruto. Deleted them after joining the team but dick has them saved. he's waiting for the perfect moment. Nowadays she writes shortfic and is with dick sending the team fanfic.
      • Wally: did a lot of - those fanfics that use science to break canon magic rules, usually involving one very smart wizard or whatever who knows physics, except. he was so 14 years old and they are so smug, to read, it's just terrible. sometimes he gets reviews on them years later and. No. Leave him to his shame (he does a lot of pretty good fic like that done right later though - a lot of fun stuff about xeno biology and spaceships and whatnot, people end up adopting the stuff he comes up with for their fic because it makes a lot of sense.)
    • M'gann: really, really glad that her thirty years' worth of hello megan shipfic is on a martian server 33 million miles away. also really glad that black canary insisted on giving The Talk before she and Conner attempted sex, humans are way different than she thought they were.
    (Bonus round: zatanna writes deeply satirical WWE slashfic. contributes to dick's mailing list. comments on people's justice league rpf while casually mentioning she is an active leaguer. her username is zatannazatara2 and her icon is batman, the forum is split over whether she's a troll or not and the people who think she's legit thinks mostly think she's plastic man.)

• Winner x 5
  18. Birdy

Birdy so long

I'm dying this is perfect

Justice League RPF is a thought hardly to be imagined

19. Tea and Rain

Tea and Rain angry squirrel

The first two seasons of Young Justice are leaving Netflix on August 1 :(. I have some uh, marathoning to do because I am still in season one.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. KarrinBlue

.....yep! But luckily s2 is. Weirdly easy to binge watch. Like it was made before binge watching was a thing but it still is great for that.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice