Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter literally Eevee

hands you needle and thread
    good luck

• Like x 2
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

speaking of singing, is anyone else INTENSELY CREEPED OUT by the singing in the in too deep promo? i keep having to hear it every time it comes on the tv, and it's honestly super foreboding. "if you could only know what you really are" is a lot less innocent to hear than it would have been in season 1. i don't know if the answer is love this time.

• Like x 9
  3. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

Yeah.

• Like x 2
  4. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter literally Eevee

I am scare but excite

• Like x 1
  5. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

*INTENSE SCREECHING*

*HIDES FACE*

*MUFFLED SCREECHING*

SOOOOOON

• Like x 2
  6. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I feel like this show is gonna take a nose dive into SCARESVILLE.

• Like x 8
  7. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Yesplease

• Like x 4
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'd argue that it's already started to. Keeping It Together, anyone?

• Like x 7
  9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

...good point.

• Like x 5
  10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I have actually played a (human) character explaining organs to Peridot in RP...

• Like x 5
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i'm hoping it won't be too long, i think peridot can go inside lion's mane. that seems like the sort of thing she's ask about.

edit:
    i didn't realize it until they were there, because steven and peridot all tucked into lion's mane as they warped to the moon was so cute. but when they crashed there, what did we see around them? that certain glow that means entrance into rose space. it also didn't go away after steven hopped out to check on lion. which may mean peridot can go in there whenever she pleases all alone.

peri phase.png

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    • Like x 3
  12. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

The stone in question is a bismuth crystal, for the record. Which is both A) not a gem, but a metal, and B) not a form of that metal that occurs naturally - bismuth crystals like that have to be induced to grow under artificial conditions.

I submit these Bismuth Facts for your very important consideration in throwing theories at the dart board.

• Like x 8
  13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Have you heard the one about Lion possibly being made by Rose out of Greg's cat? Had an interesting discussion Sunday on how Rose can alter organic life.... and so can Steven....

• Like x 3
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I kind of love the "okay yeah the Diamond Authority is mass manufacturing soldiers and doing Horrible War Crimes but why? Well, what if they're fighting an equally massive alien society? One that mayhap be made of metal????" theory that leads to Bismuth actually not being a 'gem' at all but some kind of alternate alien or a secondary sect of gem society.

Since pearls aren't "gems" either, I think it'd be pretty cool if the "gem" society was actually a "mineral" society, but intrafactional issues led to both the (theoretical) massive war and the casteism. Because having an army just for colonizing planets makes sense, but it makes much less sense when the planets in question are mass-manufacturing warriors and the like rather than just being terraformed to support the growing society.

• Like x 6
  15. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

random thought: i have a theory that there's actually nothing wrong with Steven's healing powers. they just only work on living things.

looking at it, the only times his powers have failed to work have been on the Geode and the Warp Pads-- neither of which are alive, afaik. it worked just fine on Connie, Greg, Lapis, and the watermelons. the gems did expect him to be able to fix the geode, so maybe Rose would have been able to. but maybe Steven's human side makes it so his powers only work on living creatures? idk, it just seems like his powers work consistently on living things, and consistently don't work on artifacts/devices.

• Like x 12
  16. Acey

I saw a theory somewhere that the bismuth is actually a hopper crystal--a failed attempt at Rose backing up her consciousness, so to speak. Not sure it works, but it's an intriguing idea.

• Like x 6
  17. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

What episode does this show up in? I'd like to rewatch it.

18. Acey

Shows up among Rose's belongings in Lion 3: Straight To Video!

• Like x 1
  19. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

ooh i see it. interesting
    definitely looks like bismuth thats for sure

• Like x 1
  20. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i missed crying about new steven universe episodes with y'all, i'm so glad this show is coming back soon so we'll get to feel Deep Emotions about it together again

also, sort of related to what @liminal posted earlier about body dspyhoria and this show (from my tumblr a ways back)
    basically rose quartz is one of the most important characters that has ever existed in a cartoon ever and it is truly amazing that i get to watch her and this show be so excellent

• Like x 17
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice