Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

hmm
    idk, not sure.

2. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I might go with garnet's universe, since it's a Steven story that is just silly from what I remember.

• Like x 4
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Garnet's Universe is definitely a safe bet! Tiger Millionaire's another episode that's just plain fun, IMO.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it'd trigger your embarrassment issues, but I also think Log Date 7-15-2 is a hilarious one. And The Answer is good for warm fuzzies. :3

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Like x 4
  4. Imoyram

i ended up watching shirt club and garnet's universe
    shirt club was kindof iffy, but it was pretty okay
    the answer is fucking aodrable yeah :3

5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

shirt club mainly annoys me because it's chronologically based a lot earlier than it was shown, but there's nothing making that obvious.

6. Imoyram

*shrug* I see how that could be annoying, but ever since my first watchthrough, i havent watched then chronologically

where is it supposed to be?

7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

episode 47, chronologically

before jailbreak, not after it

8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Something of the dynamic between Steven and Buck seemed like it was based even earlier than that, too. But I can't words it without going to rewatch, and I'm not in the mood right now. At the very least, like @unknownanonymous said, it was aired a little later than it was supposed to be.

• Like x 2
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

yep. 'cause of stevenbomb 1.o. so the plot/characterization important eps would be grouped together in the bomb, away from the unimportant ones.

10. Acey

@unknownanonymous beat me to it, but basically, several episodes were shuffled around because of the first Stevenbomb, with some eps aired during Season 2 being intended as part of Season 1--specifically, Open Book, Story For Steven, Shirt Club, and Say Uncle. It's not obvious in Open Book or Story For Steven, but in both Shirt Club and Say Uncle, eagle-eyed viewers might notice that Garnet sports her pre-Jail Break design, which is a dead giveaway.

Ian Jones-Quartey actually released a list with the intended viewing order for Season 1, which is how I have them organized on my computer because I'm a pedantic asshole. (The only other change, aside from the aforementioned episodes being moved to Season 2, is that apparently Alone Together was supposed to take place directly before Warp Tour rather than directly after it, but that one's super minor.)

• Like x 7
  11. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

fun episodes of steven universe without too much drama:

together breakfast
    onion trade
    beach party
    watermelon steven

• Like x 4
  12. liminal

finding weird su amvs on youtube is both a talent and a curse

• Like x 5
  13. liminal

• Like x 5
  14. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

It's good to know that the 'Fandoms make weird shit when we go on hiatus' tradition has continued on from Homestuck.

• Like x 12
  15. Acey

Stets Uninu though.

Best channel for YTPs and Mountain Goats/SU AMVs.

16. Acey

"Yup, my fellow Rubies, I'm totally just another Ruby. I've never once fused with anyone other than other Rubies, and definitely not with a Sapphire for over five thousand years. Nope. Never."

• Like x 12
  17. Acey

Ruby is relatable.

• Like x 11
  18. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

I'm scared to click that link and read the spoiler, but I'm really excited by these jokes you are making.

• Like x 5
  19. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
  20. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

That's such a lovely interview, and one a lot of Tumblr really needs to have tattooed to their brains. Especially things like, "There’s a song coming up later about flexibility love and trust, because I think those are the three things you need, and they inform everything else. To me, that’s the core of the show."

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice