Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well, the French cartoon network is airing the last episode of the bomb tonight. And the French have the option to watch in English or French. So the episode will be online tonight after the French watch it and post it.

• Like x 4
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

P-dot referred to Lapis Lazulis as a category, so. I wonder what function they fulfill in Gem society? Like, some of us have theorized that Lapises' affinity for water might not be well-known or well understood or something, anything that would prevent them from being all proper weaponized, but Peridot talks like Lapises(?? that's not right, it looks to dumb to be right) affinity for water is common knowledge. Are they pretty decorative things? Might be why Lapis got mistaken for a rebel. An unattached ornamental gem on a planet where ornamental gems rebel against their position might be a touch suspicious, yeh?

• Like x 9
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so i guess the affinity is common knowledge, but how useful it is on earth isn't. like, Gems think of water as a frivolous or rare thing, not as an abundant thing that can be weaponized in war.

• Like x 9
  4. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

yeah peri said
    "lapis lazulis are typically partial to water and flying"

i personally dont think that water could be that rare on homeworld if there was a whole gem type who liked water
    (urgh brain why would jump to a answer of "maybe all the lazulis live in one place on homeworld, overcrowded and flooding"
    bleh thatd be awful

• Like x 4
  5. Imoyram

that original english one was the one aired in france?
    i think?
    i thought that was why we got it early?

• Like x 2
  6. KarrinBlue

They both aired, in French and english. Officially and not-leak-like.

• Like x 3
  7. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

actually I can understand Steven's actions in Barn Mates

Mirror Gem and Ocean gem took place in what, a day or two? Same with The Return and Jailbreak. She sent him a message, he saw her in a dream. Same Old World was the first time they really bonded besides when they were goofing off while she was in the mirror, or something horrible was happening. They are beach summer fun buddies and all, and they have had a big impact on each other's lives, but they just havn't been around each other long enough to really know each other.

But Steven has been around Peridot for weeks if not months, and they saved the world together. It doesn't surprise me that he takes Peridot's side and can't understand why Lapis isn't going to give her a chance when he's been watching her change over time and they've become really close friends.

• Like x 14
  8. KarrinBlue

But even then, couldn't he have realized that Peridot's apology wasn't an apology? Or, heck, same old world very clearly showed that everything peridot thinks lapis is thinking is wrong! Or that Lapis CLEARLY STATES WHAT THE ISSUE IS

• Like x 3
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

and i think steven tends to want people to get along and be friends, and doesn't really get that well why people wouldn't want to do that. that his vision of the world is really optimistic, and he doesn't really see the flaws in that. he doesn't really get what being lapis is like, what pain she went through, and why she wouldn't forgive peridot for it.

• Like x 12
  10. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I get why he acted as he did. I'm kind of miffed that the narrative framed him as correct, rather than as needing to Learn About Boundaries.

• Like x 6
  11. Imoyram

honestly i think if he tries to do that again and someone else is there, i think he'll get told that that isnt okay
    or i hope
    though im not sure who that would be
    maybe connie?
    (honestly i really want connie to meet peri and lapis anyway)

• Like x 9
  12. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

(yes yes yes)

• Like x 4
  13. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Connie's gotta be filled in on a lot, huh.

Once Jasper gets added to the barnbound momsquad, maybe Connie can be enlisted to assist in the socialization and general wrangling of wayward gems. like a tiny little not momswap. "Okay, so this chapter of the Crystal Gems is looking for a human or part human morality pet. How good are you at facilitating communication and inspiring personal growth?" "What now?"

• Like x 10
  14. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

you know I've seen this post like "What if Jasper has a Ruby Harem" and now I can't get that thought out of my head. Not a harem but like... they knew each other and the Rubies love her platonically.

Like these Rubies used to be on different teams but they kept dragging their teams down because they are all different from what Rubies are supposed to be so hey were all dumped into one team of misfits and Jasper had the misfortune to be the one assigned to training them to be proper soldiers. She's loud and mean and bossy but is surprisingly still the nicest manager they ever had because she doesn't punt them across the room or something if they screw up.

and really they are kind of hopeless but she trains them to at least look like they are competent when it comes time for evaluation because otherwise they would be harvested and Jasper doesn't wanna look like a failure (and developed a soft spot for those dorks but would never admit that) and her work there is done and they are an official squad and they part ways. When they come back for Jasper they realize that it's their Jasper and they don't want to go through with fighting/bubbling her. Everyone else in the cast is surprised and confused that the Rubies think she is a nice person.

I dunno jasper's are supposed to be nurturing stones according to crystal hippie woo so I want to see team mom Jasper and her entourage of adorable Ruby daughters.

• Like x 14
  15. Imoyram

this isnt really a spoiler, i dunno

I wonder if connie'll be told all this in an episode reminiscent of "An Indirect Kiss"
    i kinda hope not, because i wan interaction between connie and peri and/or lapis

• Like x 2
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

And then the Rubes can live in the barn with the rest of the B Team! An little flutter sigh Rube can lookit flowers and growl grunt Rube can wrestle with Jasp and Amy and visor Ruby can play leader cause nobody's got any hangups about following her related to trauma. It'll be great.

• Like x 6
  17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

"Let's see. You can be Rue, and you can be Reuben, and you can be Rubella, and you can be Rubertrude, annnnd you can be Red Eye!"

• Like x 11
  18. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I read that in steven's voice.
    you just needed to know that.

• Like x 5
  19. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

I desperately need the Rubies to become part of the CGs
    EyeGem and ThighGem and BellyGem are my favorites and are precious bbies

• Like x 7
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

... and bob

edit: oh no, other posts displaced this from "immediately after the ruby name list" X)

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice