Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

lapis, pearl and garnet rescue them and give them I Am So Done With Your Shit looks

• Like x 6
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

peridot alternates between yelling at them and livetweeting her imminent demise

• Like x 13
  3. Charl

Charl Well-Known Member

Rose is WRONG. Under Steven's influence, and with the influence of living on Earth, the gems he interacts with are totally changing and growing as people! It's exciting that her plan is having effects beyond what she presumably expected. Gems can grow.

• Like x 16
  4. unknownanonymous

link

who you do think glasses-baby is supposed to be?

i'm guessing that it's ronaldo but that doesn't entirely fit with the hair.

• Like x 2
  5. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

Buck, i think

• Like x 2
  6. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Pretty sure its Buck- maybe the sunglasses he wears now are prescription?

• Like x 1
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeah I think those are meant to be baby coolkids. The pizza twins are ADORABLE.

• Like x 2
  8. unknownanonymous

thanks! :D

9. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

I am DYING to know how old Greg was when he came to Beach City, and how old he was when Steven was born/how old he is now because you can calculate one from the other. Someone told me that someone in the crewniverse said Greg started going bald in his early 30s, which makes him at least in his mid forties.

Anyway, if Greg was in his early 20s (or even younger?) when he came to Beach City, I could see a young man acting like him. Good to see he grew into a more responsible person, too. I hope he's been generous to Vidalia for helping him out so much when they were young. XD

Joining the chorus of "Rose no. Rose you can fly. ROSE NO."

The last bit in this episode killed me. ("Nobody knows~..." *Sour Cream walks by in the background* "Meh.")

• Like x 9
  10. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

On a scale of one to "holy shit are you crazy?!", how bad of an idea is telling a friend of mine who's been planning on signing up to Kintsugi to finally go through with it so she can come here and discuss "Alone at Sea" with you guys? She feels like that episode set Jasper up to be some sort of irredeemable villain and I wanted to show her a different perspective. Thoughts?

• Like x 1
  11. swirlingflight

12. evilas

Ah, so a 10. I see. I won't then.

13. swirlingflight

I mean??? That portrayal looked a lot like addiction and mental/emotional problems, not just the obvious aggressive stalker stuff.

And the show has very few who seem like they'll never change their tunes (is a pun because music)

I'm concerned a person very convinced of that will have difficulty listening to why some of us might be identifying with Jasper, or with Lapis as the person who intended to do harm.

• Like x 3
  14. swirlingflight

I'm mainly worried they would get burned by the obvious differences in perspective and stop coming to the forum, if that's the first thing they come for. You know them better than I.

15. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Had a really rough conversation with my mom today but she helped remind me of a lot of the stuff that happened in this episode. I wish I could make my dad go to therapy and sort out his shit, and there are ways I can be proactive to make myself safer at home, but I cannot make my recovery focused on him. This episode hit me really close to home but I really, really needed that reminder. I hope it can help some kids before they end up being my age with unresolved issues.

• Like x 8
  16. evilas

Yeah that was my primary concern as well, actually.

I think she was too focused on the manipulativeness of what Jasper said to see her emotional problems.
    She's very reasonable, though, so I can probably just explain it to her normally.

• Like x 4
  17. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

'Irredeemably evil' is not a thing I can see SU doing. It's against the entire theme of the show.

'Intractably a jerkass', yes - because that's realistic. Some people are petty jerks and you can't make them change, they have to want to change. Believable people and relationships is something SU does. 'Irredeemably evil' is not realistic. It's also not something I can see the SU crew believing in, given the nuance they've shown.

• Like x 16
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

If they do I will be incredibly fucking disappointed. I really doubt they would though. It doesn't seem their style and doesn't fit the theme of the show at all.

• Like x 7
  19. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

I mean, if she's not the type to make the leap from "these people have a different interpretation of a children's cartoon than me" to "these people are EVIL ABUSE APOLOGISTS IN REAL LIFE", then I'd say go ahead - I don't agree with her, but discussion is always nice. That's assuming it's something she's cool with discussing, rather than something that pushes her personal buttons, of course.

• Like x 4
  20. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

A friend of mine has a really interesting theory! I'm not sure how likely I think it is, but I'd like to see what you guys make of it...

Dyth: Odds on 'Jasper' having been a hard-water projection of Lapis' subconscious fear-sires, btw?
    onnastik: ...the idea of that not being real!Jasper had not occurred to me at all, wow.
    Dyth: It's totally possible that the trauma of malachite got her into the same addicted headspace that lapis is in, but the body language and imagery -
    Dyth: She slaps Steven aside , doesn't have her focus on him or rose quartz , then she goes on her knees to beg for the abusive relationship lapis is so conflicted about back
    Dyth: I'm about 90% sure that was lapis creating a hard water projection somehow
    Dyth: Lapis unconsciously fouled the rudder and broke the engine because... You know... Water
    Dyth: Makes more sense than Jasper doing it? I feel?
    onnastik: She's made duplicates before, but they weren't colored in or anything... hmmm.
    Dyth: Yeah, this would definitely be new
    Dyth: Jasper's colours were extremely washed out but that could easily be the lighting
    Dyth: But I feel like there's a twist there
    Dyth: Mind you. I kind of love obsessive willing to crawl Deeply Unhealthy Jasper and am entirely willing to roll with it
    onnastik: Mind if I post your theory on Kintsugi? Kinda want to see what they'd make of it.
    Dyth: Go for it
    Dyth: With the caveat that I do know that lapis has never made a colored projection before
    Dyth: But everyone's been discovering new powers lately
    onnastik: true

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice