Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm Peridot going "ಠ_ಠ."
    And my reaction was "Wait, does Steven's bubble make oxygen?" But "Steven doesn't actually need to breathe but thinks he does" makes more sense.

• Like x 10
  2. LadyNighteyes

How could Steven hear Eyeball talking before she ended up in the bubble with him? Do gems actually communicate telepathically and it just LOOKS like they're talking? :::PPP

• Like x 5
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

he couldnt hear anyone right after the rescue, but that also might be psychosomatic

• Like x 2
  4. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Well, for the parts where she was physically on the bubble, the vibrations could have carried through her body?

• Like x 5
  5. LadyNighteyes

Apparently Rose healing her soldiers was just "a rumor." So presumably that's something not in the standard Rose Quartz power set. Which I guess is probably fuel for the "there's something more up with Rose and Pink Diamond" theories...

• Like x 9
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Ahhh, that was nice.
    I really dig the resentment holy shit. Eyegem said Rose was fuckin cruel. I mean, she did killl her diamond in front of her.

• Like x 6
  7. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

One of the show's artists posted his designs for the depictions of the Diamonds at the moon base.

Notice that each image includes one or more small circular shapes (in an arc between Yellow's hands, lined up in front of Blue, etc.). I assume these represent planets. Some of them are accompanied by dots (moons?) and/or intersected by lines (rings?). Perhaps these are the colonies each Diamond supervises, or the worlds she's conquered.
    Two things stand out to me here:
    1. Yellow, Blue, and Pink Diamonds all have their planets arranged near their outstretched hands. White(?) Diamond has most of hers arranged around her head like a halo. Between her hands, there is a single large circle. I saw speculation somewhere else (TVTropes, I think) that this circle represents Homeworld. If White Diamond is the only one depicted "holding" Homeworld, that suggests either that she is ranked above the other members of the Authority or that she is primarily responsible for managing Homeworld's affairs while the others focus on expanding the empire.
    2. White, Yellow, and Blue Diamond all have several planets depicted with them. Pink Diamond, however, only has one circle near her upraised hand, with one dot next to it. A planet with one moon - Earth? Was Earth the only planet Pink Diamond conquered or governed? Was she younger or lower-ranked than the other Diamonds, or had she simply spent most of her career focusing on other responsibilities?

• Like x 14
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

a good tumblr post
    [​IMG]

• Like x 23
  9. LadyNighteyes

Dammit, now I wish my gif-editing skills were better so I could reblog that post with a copy of that gif with "NOPE" in big letters across it.

• Like x 6
  10. Jaaaade

Jaaaade magnoliajades, here!

Just got back from watching Bubbled

more like I JUST GOT BACK FROM CRYING SOJDIXCJG

• Like x 1
  11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

hey guys I dunno if this goes here or in Tumblr.txt but I came across someone insisting Lapis is the only abuser in the situation and it occurred to me...we've called it mutual abuse, but I don't...actually know what Jasper did that was abusive? granted, this is probably partly a 'shitty memory' problem and partly a 'abused growing up' problem, but could someone point out what she did that was abusive?

• Like x 2
  12. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Physically prevented her from leaving, tracked her down to try and emotionally blackmail her into resuming the fusion, and of course whatever "interrogation" constitutes; a lot of people seem determined that it can't have involved torture, but we don't have confirmation either way on that.

• Like x 4
  13. chaoticArbiter

ah, okay!! thank you!

• Like x 2
  14. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

• Like x 21
  15. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

everYTIME I catch up on the steven universe thread
    i get a notification saying someone responded to the steven universe thread

• Like x 8
  16. Carnelian

Carnelian Amusing, hopefully

I-what would I even do with a Pearl? I can barely handle myself! Besides, we've been over this, I left because I didn't want anything to do with Homeworld treating Pearls that way.

(sorry for RP account but 'twas necessary :P )

• Like x 9
  17. chaoticArbiter

soft sounds of Gold Pearl crying in the corner because her color scheme almost matches Carnelian why won't Carnelian be her owner

• Like x 8
  18. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

*points at the pink diamond murals hair*
    *points at lion's mane*
    *finger guns*
    i'm still rooting for this theory mostly because i would legitimately die laughing

• Like x 14
  19. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Friend if I ever have the brainpower to get back into Escape from Homeworld we could probably make that happen except maybe not "ownership" specifically but hey, something :)

• Like x 6
  20. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

What, no BDSM pearls?

(hi, I caught up.)

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice