Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like x 5
  2. chaoticArbiter

in other news, I have the perfect voice range for singing Pearl's parts and this pleases me greatly

• Like x 9
  3. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Okay I was behind, time to binge everything I missed! And liveblog, because the TF thread has infected me with the need to scream at people about new things

OH MY GOD THE RUBIES ARE PRECIOUS
    LOVE THEM
    PROTECT THEM

Amethyst is trying So Hard
    also A+ voice acting

Garnet remains Bad At Lying

OH SHIT
    No no no amy delegate
    "piloting is beneath me" is a valid excuse

...right the diamond communicator borb is gone

...Steven you're precious but your mom was fighting a war.

Amethyst gets progressively worse at lying as she holds the form longer D8 baby it's okay

:DDDD SARDONYX

oh shit

"...okay maybe it was my fault. Sorry." Steven is Good

these are some really lovely space shots.

...is Steven creating stronger localized gravity, or does Eyeball Ruby have more weird powers?

OH N O

STEVEN LICK YOUR HAND DON'T JUST LICK HER EYE

...steven ruby's gonna wreck your shit

...is that a chisel. Holy shit this ruby is hardcore

I should not be laughing at Steven's fear but oh my god this hamster ball

...Steven D8 you tried, baby.

...wait shit this is the end of s3 isn't it? This is a good finale. Ow.

...are you sure, Garnet. Are you really sure.

nyoooooooooom

I love Peri

look at my cat daughter

she's having so much fun making things
    look at the engineer darling
    sure she doesn't have much practical experience on earth yet but she'll get there, look at her go

Steven just has endless marshmallows

...I wonder what tonguefriend is. An emerald maybe? Some flavor of beryl?

Lapis just doesn't fucking question
    That is interesting, though-- how does the teleportation "spell" work? How does it know where "home" is? Where did the Crystal army stash bubbled gems before the temple? They can't have all been working out of the same base during the entire war.

In which Garnet, quietly screaming for ten minutes straight, is the entire fandom

The common thread is chill hiding self-deprecation

...surprisingly few things to say here, except that it's nice to see them actually talking about things. All of them.

• Like x 5
  4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Actually! It could just be 'Gems automatically adjust to whatever the local gravity is' which was mentioned in the first moon episode! So it's gem powers.

• Like x 5
  5. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I know it's super lovely and fitting and sweet that the barn is P-dot's home, but I can't help but imagine some apartment on Homeworld with some fucking Peridot like "ohshit, wat, wat the hell is this???!? Is it a threat??? Oh god, what the fuuuuck."

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    • Like x 15
  6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I was having a very bad and stressful shopping trip so I bought one of these random-draw Steven Universe figurine things:

image.jpeg
    The options: Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Steven, Steven With Shield, Peridot, Connie.. and I swear that's all there is listed even though it says eight? Someone commented online that they got Onion.

.. and I got a Peridot! Which cheered me up even if the figure is not very good or well-painted.

image.jpeg
    Peridot in her new home on my bookshelf.

While googling though I found there are Steven Universe funko and they're way less shitty and have many more characters! So now I kinda want those.. I always regret buying ~merch when I stop being so intensely into a thing, though..

Edit: looks like there are two Garnets in different poses? I mean, ok, I'm fine with that, more Garnet for everybody plz.

• Like x 8
  7. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Have a feeling this may have already been answered, but I'd really not go digging through over 200 pages looking for it...is there a network-approved place to watch all of the episodes consecutively? Or failing that someplace that won't give me a virus and doesn't chop off the theme song and scene transitions like the youtube accounts I used to watch the most recent episodes does?

8. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Hmmm
    Watchcartoononline is good, especially if you use an adblocker.
    Dailymotion's Birdmom Pearl has most of the episodes I think?
    Again, I have Adblock, so I don't know the usual ad amount. And I am like 99.99999% sure that neither will give you viruses.

I am almost sure neither of these are network approved, because they don't release them online officially
    Oh and (eta) I do not remember if they chop off the theme song and scene transitions. I don't thiiiiiink wco does

9. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Most people I know watch it on WCO.

10. chaoticArbiter

....what about steven universe blogspot?

• Like x 3
  11. chaoticArbiter

Smoky hurts my heart when they go on about how they're a dud and wrong and nothing and the audience just laughs and it just. makes me so sad.
    but I love it when Pearl goes "oh, Amethyst, you've been such a good influence on him!" I thought that was cute.

• Like x 5
  12. mazarinedrake

Amethyst: Uh, I think it was the other way around.

I think it's been both, Ame! Definitely both. <3

Thanks for the recs, guys! I'll take a look at those sites, see what suits me best.

• Like x 3
  13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I tend to default to madridista's tumblr, which is currently still-madridista.tumblr.com. they have regular links to good quality dailymotion vids.

• Like x 3
  14. mazarinedrake

Amethyst: Come on, the same joke twice?
    Steven: Well...it'll be really funny when she says it the third time!

Much later...

Bismuth: There. Now you look like you really mean bismuth.
    Me: Did they just...THAT WASN'T FUNNY AT ALL D:

I can totally, for the record, understand why a lot of people were really upset after this episode. Doesn't justify what some people in the fandom DID, but I understand their emotions. I guess that goes to show how young and immature most of the Tumblr Wank Brigade really are? Something makes them sad and angry, but rather than trying to process those emotions, they try to justify them away.

Instead of being sad and angry that the funny, helpful, ACCEPTING Bismuth (she didn't say ANYTHING about Amethyst's height!) had gone too far and would've hurt innocent gems if she wasn't stopped, they want to feel RIGHTEOUS ANGER because the heroic Bismuth was betrayed by the hypocritical Rose Quartz. And then they can tell themselves that'll all be okay, because Steven will wise up and unbubble her once he's realized that murder is the right option after all! Yay!

Meanwhile the rest of us are crying and trying to tell ourselves that maybe Bismuth can be brought around and shown the value of gem life, just as Peridot was shown the value of life on Earth. Maybe. With time. But that's a much more complicated and less viciously satisfying character arc.

• Like x 15
  15. mazarinedrake

Also I think what Steven tried to do, teaching Bismuth how to play tennis and cards, trying to get her to just chill with him and the other Gems, encouraging her to sleep, was a pretty good illustration of that old saw: the best revenge is living well. The other Crystal Gems were happy! They were relaxed and enjoying themselves! Isn't that the kind of freedom that they were all fighting for, that most of the Crystal Gems gave their lives for?

It sucks that untold thousands of Gems are still laboring in what amounts to slavery on Homeworld, but there was always a limit to what they could have done, anyway. Bismuth says that without her, Rose Quartz lost the war, but honestly? I think she WON.

And yet, like Frodo Baggins, the CG had seen too many horrors to enjoy their victory, until Steven showed them a new way to live their lives. Would the present really have been any better if Bismuth had gotten her way, 5000 years ago? I REALLY doubt it.

• Like x 11
  16. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

In a way, it's even sadder so many of them are actively missing the point on Bismuth. That's very much a moral that's meant for them, a moral of "don't let your social justice work destroy you, or else you will suffer and so will other innocent people". At this point, I just assume anyone who's insisting it's not is probably just trying to ignore the truth that they're miserable and their efforts are just making them more miserable with no actual benefit.

• Like x 12
  17. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

18. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

19. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Rewatched Beta, and
    Jasper just looks so dissatisfied when she says she's been fighting her whole life. She's talked about how it's what she's made to and how gems who can't or won't do what they're made to do don't deserve to exist, but she just looks so fuckin broken up over the fact that she never got to do anything but fight. What does she think she would have done if she'd been made in peacetime, you think? Prolly find something for her to fight. Urgh, I'm just so mad that people think she's not as trapped in a role as everyone else on Homeworld just cause her assigned place in society is to be a brick wall with fists. It's like, being a soldier ain't ever been a privilage.

• Like x 17
  20. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

(bolding mine)
    Aaahhh, that reminds me of an idea I had - I think I posted in here a while ago my idea about Pearls being originally inspired by encounters with organic life? And that being part of the reason they can't possibly be respected by Homeworld society - because they're not real gems; they're tainted by their organic origins?

Well, what if there were Ambers too? Not as prized as Pearls, but having the same combination of "ooh, symbols of prestige!" and "ew, based on organic life".

This is an OC idea more than an actual headcanon/speculation, but I'm still having fun with it!

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice