Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Um. This is probably very much just me but that kinda felt super rushed, and at several points I was unsure if I was watching a well made fan video accidentaly? Maybe I'm just tired. It was super cute tho. I'll watch it again later and see how I feel.

• Like x 4
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

on one hand GAY

on the other I was STRESSING OUT SO HARD during that car scene because simultaneous secondhand embarassment and OH GOD DONT DRIVE LIKE THAT WITH STEVEN IN THE CAR WHAT IF YOU GET HIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like x 12
  3. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Pearl redefining herself after trauma is interesting. I wonder if this is her having taken time after Rose's death and finally being ready to take a step, or whether it's another expression of her desperately wanting to be loved and accepted by the people around her and having bad reactions about that. Definitely her being so reckless while driving is an expression of it; we consistently see Pearl making bad decisions in the midst of traumatic episodes.

So like... don't get me wrong, I loved how gay this episode was, but I'm really worried about Pearl.

• Like x 20
  4. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

goddamn badass rebel pearl was attractive

also HELL YEAH SHE GOT MYSTERY GIRL'S NUMBER!!!!!

• Like x 13
  5. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

On the one hand GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY it made me so happy
    on the other hand I'm a little worried for mystery girl in some respects because I don't think it'd be healthy for Pearl to enter into a relationship with someone who looks so much like Rose when she's trying to move on? Although it's entirely possible that lorge and pink is just her type.
    But mainly though, I love this show, it's so gay, also actually helped me figure out how flirting would work for me, so that's cool

• Like x 14
  6. I must say, the more I see of Pearl the more I relate to her. Except for the breaking the law thing.

• Like x 5
  7. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Pearl really is making some character progression, for better or worse (and I'm stick to better). 50 episodes she would have chided Steven and Amethyst for wanting to go, now she's caring about her interpersonal relationships with other gems and with humans and thinkin about how to build and maintain those. Trying to make Amethyst's night better when plans fall out. Yeah there might be some temporary worsening but it looks like progress to me.

Also jesus that was funny

• Like x 18
  8. blue

blue hightown funk you up

no spoilers: IT WAS REAL CUTE

• Like x 7
  9. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

I was screaming, "I AM LITERALLY PEARL" the entire time and that's everything you need to know really

• Like x 6
  10. Charl

Charl Well-Known Member

Oh man. Mystery Girl did not have any voice acting whatsoever. I wonder what THAT means? Did they just not pick someone yet? Is she coming back once they do? Was it just to make her more mysterious? Pearl wouldn't have gotten a phone number if Mystery Girl was never gonna show up again, I bet.

Also holy shit this is the kind of thing a kid's cartoon can show now. I'm so pleased.

• Like x 14
  11. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

so my (conservative Christian) grand parents are visting rn, which means i spent the entire episode subtly panicking like "NO THIS MIGHT BE TOO GAY ACTUALLY,"

but woah man it was so gay and i am thankful

• Like x 11
  12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume Mystery Girl's real name is Susan. We know it begins with S, and Rose's VA is Susan Egan. It'd be a nice little reference/bit of symbolism. (I'm guessing she just goes by S, though, since that's all she wrote and Susan doesn't seem like a very PUNK ROCK name.)

Also, I do think Pearl is moving on. Even if her initial attraction to S was simply because of her resemblance to Rose (and let's be real, it definitely was), that doesn't mean she's much like Rose in any way other than appearance--in fact, what Pearl said about her doesn't seem to match Rose's personality very well, and yet they seem to have gotten off on an excellent foot, and it doesn't seem to have detracted from Pearl's crush on S at all. Given her disappointment that she thought her conversation with S went badly and her happiness when she learned S had given her her phone number, I think this really does represent Pearl moving on in a genuine and meaningful way.

• Like x 21
  13. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

you know what starts with "s"?

seebs

seebs starts with "s"

thanks seebs

• Like x 18
  14. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

seebs is giving out her number to space lesbians even though she has a husband

bad role model for childrens

• Like x 19
  15. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

i saw goody seebs with that terrifying renegade pearl?

• Like x 21
  16. Ryncoon

Ryncoon Well-Known Member

This episode was so good I looped it four times =0w0=
    Also, small note, but Pearl was so POLITE to Greg! Like, actually happy to take his help. Considering her attitude before Mr Greg, I think it helps enforce the whole 'Pearl's making real progress' thing.

And I'm being encouraged to cosplay S. I want to make this happen. Any suggestions on what kind of pants she's wearing? They don't look like jeans?

• Like x 16
  17. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

I think Pearl's type might just be LORGE (see: interactions with Garnet, Bismuth).

• Like x 17
  18. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

Also I would like to thank God, Jesus, and every little angel in heaven for allowing something that gay to air.

• Like x 17
  19. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

By the end, I was almost crying about how gay it was and still being allowed in a children's show when it was that gay
    THIS SHOW IS SO IMPORTANT

• Like x 13
  20. All I know is in addition to regular Pearl, I have to cosplay Bad Pearl now.

• Like x 13
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice