Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Neat, its on thanksgiving

2. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

It's so far awaaaaaay D:

3. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I knoooooow :c but at least we have a set date now rather than not knowing!

• Like x 1
  4. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

• Like x 3
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My moms birthday, neat

• Like x 1
  6. And right before the new Pokémon games come out. Nice.

• Like x 5
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Screenshot_2016-11-15-21-25-47-1.png
    I made a Polyvore and quickly set out making a hypothetical Peridot wardrobe.

I think it's pretty accurate.

• Like x 23
  8. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

omg 150% canon

• Like x 2
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

New episode tonight!

• Like x 3
  10. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

*camps thread waiting for an upload so she can watch it before getting spoiled*

• Like x 2
  11. KarrinBlue

You and me both!

• Like x 2
  12. KarrinBlue

Huh, I can't believe no one leaked it before now.

13. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

• Like x 2
  14. KarrinBlue

HERE WE GO THEN

This episode is apparently peridot/lapis, let's see if it can unpoison that well for me!
    I am reminded of how Death created a field of corn after Reaper Man...
    .....aww Lapis
    But Lapis' face looks a little weird...
    ...have they ever done anything that Lapis picked to do? Aside from maybe the art projects, it seems like all the projects have been Peridot's ideas.
    I saw an interesting post about how this is a metaphor for Gem loyalty...
    Also THAT IS NOT HOW YOU MAKE A JACK O'LANTERN. First you cut open the top, scoop out the insides, and THEN carve the face! Otherwise all you get is a mess!
    Especially not with those cuts.
    Also god if only the hollowing was that easy.
    What is that, a cropduster?
    .....Well that's rude.
    OK time for you to move out and then stop living together! Or maybe finally deal with the fact that Peridot trampled all over Lapis' boundaries and ignored what she wanted and never apologized or realized WHY that hurt Lapis!
    WAIT what did Peridot make those out of?
    Steven this is apparently your uncle? So uh yeah.
    'I guess that works' hehehe
    Lapis, gently!
    ....Wait Greg never told his family that he had a KID?
    .......OW.
    HAH that's not his original name.
    Ouch.
    Steven it's your name, therefore, is real.
    WOW that got real fast.
    But where's the rest of the family?
    COVEN?
    And no comment on Lapis flying?
    GARNET excellent puns
    Pearl can probably rebuild the plane better...
    AHAHAHAHA
    Steven that's... that's not really how this is going to work...
    AHAHAH PEARL OH MY GOD.
    Oh my god. All ships are canon.
    WE'RE VERY SORRY FOR YOUR MARRAIGE <3 LAPIS
    ....success?
    FIRE breath! Impressive.
    Peridot with a :3
    ........lapis are you? ok?
    Thanksgiving!
    symbolism!
    Yay lapis!
    ....aww....
    'OK'
    Yay floating powers!

• Like x 3
  15. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

THAT IS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE

But like WOW, uncomfortable for a while? Andy seems like he's going to be That Relative for most of the episode, but then he's just... well, okay, he's pretty obnoxious, but it's obvious he's a really lonely dude, and that's built up for years and years and made him really bitter.

I also noticed that Aunt Deb apparently has a 'partner'. :3 And if she's the aunt of both Greg and Andy, that means that she had at least two other siblings. It also sounds like Grandma died at some point prior to Greg moving away, since it was Grandpa who moved to the Keys with no mention of Grandma.

I wonder what happened to the other Demayos. (also, lol at Steven thinking Demayo is cooler than Universe.) And why Greg went to the trouble of changing his name legally - I guess it could have just been for his music, but he could have had a stage name pretty easily? I feel like there's a story there.

• Like x 13
  16. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So on the one hand, I really did enjoy this episode, and thought it was really funny and sweet. But it also felt sorta...disjointed? And it didn't really feel like it needed to be a double-length episode, IMO. (And I was kinda hoping from the title that we'd be learning more about Homeworld bullshit...)

That said, it was still highly enjoyable, and the bit about weddings and funerals in particular fucking killed me.

• Like x 10
  17. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i liked the episode. it's nice that they could connect with andy, that him being a bit of a conservative asshole didn't make him a lost cause. it gives me hope, in these troubled times, shows a better world. :D

and it's hilarious seeing lapis doing mundane, non-world ending things and having fun, especially since tumblr has led me to associate her with Epic Angst.

the joke about marriage and funerals and birthdays and other human life rituals was hilarious.

awkward family thanksgiving was nice. i loved the table reenactment of the Gem War, how the characters parodied themselves and their causes and backstories.

• Like x 8
  18. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I don't go here/haven't watched new ep but this crossed my dash and someone pointed out

[​IMG]

• Like x 18
  19. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

im about to go watch it but thank you @a small fis)( for the stream link!

• Like x 1
  20. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

my approximate live reaction:

I am here for alien domestic lesbians

WONT SOMEBODY TEACH THESE POOR LESBIANS HOW VEGETABLES WORK??

where have I HEARD that voice??

I was so ready for alien conspiracy and then HIPPIES (wow this is the right time for this to air)

aww yiss more human family!! Steven really needs this (and also yes give me representation of families rebuilding themselves)

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT VOICE

Greg's preference for Large Women continues to be hilarious and relatable

"what did somebody die" "yes" "oh"

Gem Logic: All Greg-like humans are Gregs. Our Greg is best Greg.

where have I- OH ITS CARL FROM AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE. please santa bring me horribly inappropriate dialogue swaps for christmas thank you

I laughed so hard at the "LET'S ALL GET MARRIED" part that it cured my headache. I am impressed at the new and uncharted levels of queer this show achieves

"NOW I SEE THE VALUE OF CORN"
    "maybe trap the corn in a mirror for a few thousand years and then see how it feels about the table" oh my god I have died and gone to heaven, Lapis my precious baby

Peridot that was so nice oh my god?? Good Job!! <3

STEVEN HE DOESNT KNOW ALL YOUR GEM POWERS YOU ARE GONNA SCARE THE ABSOLUTE SHIT OUT OF HIM

See, look, you scared the absolute shit out of him, he honestly thought you were gonna die

I will sell my left kidney to see Andy's reaction to Garnet unfusing. Pleas. PLEASE.

• Like x 17
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice