Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Yep, I followed Lauren on twitter and remember it happening. Fans were livid about shipping things and went after Zuke like they could force change in the show's writing through 'em.

• Like x 1
  2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

jesus christ that's horrible

4. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

why does everything I like have an awful fanbase
    why

• Like x 4
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I don't remember what it's called, but I recall there being an actual word for the phenomena of positive and progressive forms of media having such absolute shit fan bases.

• Like x 8
  6. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

• Like x 5
  7. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

upload_2016-11-28_12-42-43.png

oh my fucking god OP

• Like x 9
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

God.

• Like x 5
  9. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Ship baited in the show? When? And if this happened, how did it get past Sugar, who doesn't want Lapidot? And why is Lapidot considered baiting when the shit from Too Far, which seems like a much more blatant use of ship baiting that went nowhere, isn't? Do you think the OP thinks that 2 people moving in together as roommates who become friends counts as baiting? Or does being obsessed with one ship just turn your brain to mush when it comes to ships that threaten your ship, making you spout any ridiculous horseshit you make up on the spot to slander someone who supports the other ship?

Btw, I read that obsessedwithamedot punched a baby in the face and then laughed and twirled their moustache about it. This 100% isn't to justify hating on some rando. But babies can't be punched in their face!

• Like x 16
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

way to break my heart guys ;-;

Seriously, this one just about made me sob and I love it.

• Like x 5
  11. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Wait, did Amethyst say

that baby Steven had been a baby longer than that time she was a... toilet? D:

• Like x 9
  12. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I'm kinkshami- wait, no. Kinkagreeing.

Also,

That moment where Pearl was clearly contemplating ripping Steven's gem straight out of his body, though. She was just a few inches away from eviscerating him. Holy shit.

Quite an episode. Very interesting to see a take on gem/human hybrids from the gem perspective as opposed to Greg's human one like they've often done before.

• Like x 9
  13. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Man, that episode made me just... really fucking uncomfortable. The kidnapping, the near evisceration, the fact the near evisceration had 0 reaction from Steven and Greg, like it wasn't a big deal or even notable... just all combined for an episode I don't really want to watch again. Ugh.

• Like x 1
  14. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well, thanks to Tumblr's Totally Functional Interface I already got spoiled for a thing, but w/e...

...flashback episode!
    'that's what you get for raising me to love music!' dawww
    awww, Greg.Yeah, he basically raised Steven for a while, didn't he?And he did a pretty great job!
    awwww. SoVidalia had gotten together with Yellowtail by then?
    dawwww
    oooh. And we rarely see Gems with their Gems covered
    awwww, guys
    'old plates' oh you do know Amethyst
    ....man it's only a few months after Rose's death , so for Pearl, that's, wow.
    FUTURE STEVEN WILL HAVE A MAGNIFICENT BEARD
    awww, Pearl's smiling
    .....oh, no......
    THEIR THEORIES ARE GOOD BUT OFFBASE AND
    I mean I already know this is goign to spawn 'the gems (and probably pearl especially) hate/d steven' discourse but. tbh. for GEMS these kinds of theories make sense!
    Though I kinda expect Garnet to FIGURE THIS OUT SINCE FUTURE VISION
    See I expect this of Pearl and Amethyst but Garnet has future vision!
    'good thing we left without any explanation'
    BABY AMETHYST FROM TOO MANY BIRTHDAYS
    ...did Rose not explain WHY she was doing this?
    Interesting how their theories are distinct based on their own, not just Gem perspective, but selves. Amethyst thinks it's shapeshifting, Garnet thinks it's fusion, which makes things interesting for what insight we get from Pearl thinking she's trapped.
    Awww.... what did they think would happen if they unfused? what would happen to the other half?
    So Pearl thinks it's like Lapis' mirror
    awwww
    PEARL <3
    Rose you were REALLY bad at communication huh
    awww Pearl dear.
    dawwwwww
    also someone give that dog back
    'wow you guys were wrong about everything'
    AWWWW
    ....ok but i want to see Pearl throwing a whole jungle gym at someone now.

• Like x 13
  15. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

I'm a sucker for episodes where the gems are absolutely clueless about human things. This fits nicely with that babysitting sour cream episode. They were so conflicted and worried!

• Like x 5
  16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

please tell me other people have seen this post but if not let me share it

• Like x 4
  17. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Well, Jesse reblogged it from Aud, who reblogged it from me, so... yes, other people have. XD /gentle snark

• Like x 2
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Mercury lol yes, i was quite aware that particular circle of people had seen it :P

• Like x 2
  19. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I laugh-cried all throughout that episode. Look at these precious grieving disasters

• Like x 5
  20. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

This episode was really good.

Pearl almost disemboweling Steven was just -- incredibly hard-hitting and I'm REALLY glad they didn't skirt around it, like, I'd seen people toss around ideas of what Pearl might have done when Steven was born but I always thought the canon would be lighter about it. But no, they went there, and I feel like it's more powerful for it. It's going to be hard to watch on a re-watch, but it's a really good episode for establishing how lost and scared the Gems were back then.

I especially like seeing more of Garnet in her less-sure past state -- like, the Garnet we know now is incredibly on top of things because she's de-facto leader, but back when Rose was alive she didn't have to bear that responsibility, and it's interesting to see how she was. My personal theory as to why Future Vision didn't work is just... she was kind of distressed! She came up with a really personal theory as to why Rose wasn't coming back, and she got swept away with everyone panicking too. If she was off-balance, she might have only paid attention to those futures which seemed plausible to her, and not noticed the one where everything turned out okay.

Also I love Amethyst's "okay, this rules" when she turned into a baby.

• Like x 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice