Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

hope I didn't ruin that instantly, right after people said "i hope to avoid spoilers on Tumblr"

2. Technicality

"It's like the old saying goes. Family helps family find old, mysterious artifacts or something."
    Also I assume that the show takes place in America. Andy's biplane, or any biplane for that matter, cannot cross an ocean. EDIT: I was wrong. Sorry. Tired.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. Technicality

I think at some point they also find their way into the animation studio in Korea around 6:30.
    I know I'm posting in this thread a lot, I'm sorry, I have a lot to say.

4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Could you also maybe,in the future, keep all your live reactions in one post, rather than a bunch of short ones?

• Like x 1
  5. Technicality

Theory: I haven't finished the episode yet, but I have a feeling that Steven crying is actually Rose crying because of whatever happened with her and Pink Diamond

6. Technicality

Yes. I'll condense them all from now on. Sorry. Hope I'm not being annoying at all :(

EDIT: I'll just wait until I finish watching to type anything else. That way these little "thought bubble" posts don't happen and it all comes out in a flurry

EDIT 2: You know what, I'll just keep quiet. Sorry for the annoying multi-posts.
    Also my theory was proved wrong but frankly I'm glad it was

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • Like x 1
  7. Technicality

A thought, and this isn't a spoiler (hence the lack of spoiler tags). Why does Pearl blush? Blushing for humans is when blood rushes to our head, but Gems are made of light. They don't have blood. So why do they do that?

8. versi2

versi2 ???????

it's simulated blood for the express purpose of blushing, obviously

• Like x 3
  9. KarrinBlue

WELL HERE GOES
    So, more about dream travel magic?
    Ooh! I remember those flowers
    awww, kid.
    i'm still glad greg can get nice stuff
    wow ok, getting right into it
    Steven, some stuff you need to let people talk about in their own time. For immortals that can take a while.
    ...Rose considered starting the war a mistake?
    awwwww GOOD FAMILY
    five-petal flowers...
    so is this the dream of a diamond?
    the palanquin IS pink!
    connie beloved you're wonderful
    well duh of course Amethyst doesn't
    ...wow Garnet
    oh Garnet...
    oh STEVEN.
    YOU'RE BOTH VERY UPSET
    oh god this is painful
    amethyst no
    OH GOD
    i don't think garnet blames connie, so that's good
    garnet, you need to know that saying 'just trust me' won't work...
    it's because your mom has PTSD
    'can't get near her' is she ALIVE??
    wow this. god damn.
    steven you can take lion...
    ok um. there's also Lion.
    also I don't think you'd be able to fly FAST.
    NEITHER OF YOU SPEAK KOREAN
    also which part of korea are they in
    ....and countdown to people saying that their clothes are cultural appropriation...
    so are those Rose's tears? or?
    oh, Pearl.....
    wait it was PINK before... and. this
    !!!!!!!!!!11
    HER
    IT'S HER
    BLUE PEARL!!!!!
    AND BLUE DIAMOND!!!!!!
    HOLY FUCK THEY'RE STILL ALIVE
    HOW DID THEY STAY ALIVE AND NOT CORRUPTED AFTER ALL THIS TIME? DID THEY TRAVEL BACK TO EARTH? WITHOUT BEING NOTICED?
    OH NO THERE'S NO WAY THIS TURNS OUT OK
    BLUE PEARL
    has blue pearl not regenerated
    oh no
    i hope blue pearl can be freed sometime...
    ghibli tears, wow
    also wow way to draw parallels between greg mourning rose, the love of his life, and blue mourning pink
    wow. blue. blue mellowed a lot?
    oh no.
    well uh. shit.
    STEVEN JUMP FOR IT
    oh no............
    oh, Garnet....
    and no wonder she didn't want to be around her, it's BLUE. Sapphire's diamond, the one who wanted Ruby broken... tactical considerations aside that's rough!
    i really do hope that Pearl and Blue Pearl meet and Blue Pearl can be convinced to rebel. Seriously, even if Blue IS nice to her (which who knows) she's still a slave!
    get connie. you may need stevonnie.
    .....HUMAN ZOO?!
    uh.
    how. how many humans.
    ........yeah I knew that these guys would be here. but i do hope they're good about the peridot lapis thing.
    noooo steven.
    light kites?
    well, not having it is as good as anything...
    space turbulence what
    oh.
    what the hell
    oh no
    YES YOU SHOULD.
    what's wrong with Pearl's nose
    steven no
    wow he is DURABLE.
    steven no do not meddle with ship mechanics while it's in flight
    omg
    what gems are that tiny
    i demand to meet them
    oh no.
    oh, shit.
    STEVEN YOU TURNED OFF THEIR PROJECTIONS.
    oh, steven...
    oh, kiddo.
    HUG THE CHILD.
    ....Pearl mentioned seeing it, or working there. I wonder if it's staffed by Pearls at all...
    oh SAPPHIRE.
    though, pearl, maybe... maybe remove the symbol of your rebel alliance from your uniform...
    is that Amethyst's voice?
    wait, they're from EARTH?
    ...oh, Pearl....
    so are there existing humans here?
    oh god.
    also 'your clarity' is interesting - what opaque gems have we had? other than Pearls?
    omg pearl hacker
    oh, ruby.
    sapphire you dearheart.
    pearl.
    omg more amethysts.
    i feel a little bad for the amethyst grunts.
    oh shit. so uh. how... how many sapphires has blue diamond ever known.... and will she remember the renegade pearl.
    oh hey! like Peridot's fingers!
    uh. ok.
    what?
    ....so there ARE survivors.
    surprised they didn't notice his Gem...
    so how many survivors are there?
    so was this is Pink Diamond's plan?
    so they're all very good divers?
    yeah they'd probably have major culture shock if brought to Earth...
    that is not well hidden
    they started making noise like 2 seconds ago.
    awww steven
    the. oh no. disposal units werementioned.
    oh. so they have letter-numbernames
    how do they know what earth is
    yeah wow none of them know how to deal with any emotions?
    ok run for it
    oh my god. the amethysts are comforting them. that's... kind of nice, really.
    also the conjugation of 'choosened' there makes it sound like Pink Diamond was working exclusively off of ideas of humans, not using Gems as models.
    so many amethysts
    !!!!
    so. the amethysts are sick of being told what to do too?
    are the amethysts going to come to Earth too?
    oh, amethyst is so happy to have an amethyst family....
    oh my GOD i love them all. i want them to come to earth and have a commune together.
    cubbies?!
    OH MY GOD GET THEM BACK TO EARTH. PLEASE. THEY CAN'T STAY HERE.
    .........uh
    do they just look pink or.
    HOLY SHIT
    YELLOW.
    aww yellow pearl smiled at blue.
    oh myg do they're all roses.
    so this is how they sing? Peridot didn't know how, but it sounds pretty simplitic...
    OH. MORE SONGS.
    so these are all the rose quartzes.
    i really. really want the amethysts, roses, and humans to come to Earth to be a commune. at least the amethysts and humans.
    oh my god yellow pearl has crazy balance.
    oh shit.
    so uh.
    odds blue recognizes the rebel sapphire and the terrifying renegade pearl?
    oh, sapphire, ruby....
    oh no. are they going to take ALL of earth?
    uh.
    oh amethyst family...
    oh no.
    TAKE
    THE
    AMETHYSTS
    WITH
    YOU
    FAMETHYST.
    omg pearl's leitmotif.
    PEARL IN HER ELEMENT.
    ALSO THE FAMETHYST NEEDS TO REAPPEAR I LOVE THEM ALL.

VERY GOOD. MUCH ENJOYED.

• Like x 8
    • Agree x 1
  10. Technicality

Okay. Finished watching all of them. Frankly, I'm kind of glad I didn't wait to see them air across the span of like 4 weeks. There are only so many cliffhangers I can handle.
    Some thoughts.
    1. Amethyst found her family (sort of)! Awesome!
    2. The Diamonds' arm ships are their color. So whose ship was the green one from season 1? I doubt it was Peridot's.
    3. How do the people in the zoo have accents when the voice has none? And how have none of them accidentally fallen out of a tree or something to get hurt?
    4. Why do their light forms go through the objects when they hit things? Does it hurt?
    5. I loved Yellow Diamond's song!
    6. Why was Steven crying Blue Diamond's tears? Was it just plot convenience?
    7. How long were they planning to stretch this out for? Because, length aside, this is all one big plot, and I would have watched it as a special extra-long episode a la Bismuth. I can't imagine how torturous it would be to watch this over like 4 weeks.

• Like x 5
  11. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Nothing to do with anything, but... erm...

• Like x 2
  12. Technicality

I stand very corrected. I'm tired and didn't fact check

13. KarrinBlue

Also did that plane get reconstructed by Gems, so, who knows what it can do now, since

it can apparently go from the East Coast of America to Korea in... less than a day? hard to say.

• Like x 3
  14. Technicality

It would have taken nearly 2 days, actually. The fastest a biplane could travel was at around 145 MPH. Beach City is apparently in the state of Delmarva (according to the SU wiki), which I assume is Delaware.
    Distance between Delaware and Korea is 7054 miles. 7054 miles/145 MPH ~= 48.6 hours.
    But yeah, since it was reconstructed by Gems, who knows how fast it can actually go now. At least 2x.

15. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

ITS PRISON HIPPIE SEX COMMUNE TIME

• Like x 6
  16. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

My guess is that it wasn't any particular diamonds ship, but is essentially a common ship that gems working for any of the diamonds can use if given the go ahead. I'd imagine that shade of green signifies the unity of the surviving diamonds, since you're (probably) going to get a shade of light green out of white + yellow + blue. I bet the ships they used when Pink Diamond was still around were fugly as hell.

• Like x 8
  17. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Hey is it true the entire next Stevenbomb leake- oh, okay, y'all are already very much ahead of me!

I am actually so excited LET'S GO DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD

I'll post my reaction to each episode. I'm super tired but... let's do this!!!

18. BlackholeKG

HOLY SHIT HOLY FUCK OKAY

WOW

THAT WAS INCREDIBLE. Instant Pink Diamond stuff and the gems being afraid and... Uncle Andy and...

BLUE DIAMOND WAS RIGHT THERE AND SHE KIDNAPPED GREG. WE SAW BLUE DIAMOND AND SHE WAS ON EARTH AND SHE'S TAKEN HIM BACK TO HOMEWORLD. AND THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GO RESCUE HIM HOLY SHIT

(And also that bit where they went around Korea was great and they saw themselves being animated and stuff but OMG)

STILL FOUR MORE TO GO LET'S DO THIS

• Like x 3
  19. BlackholeKG

Pink Diamond had a Human Zoo? Got some proper alien stuff going on here! And it's shaped like a giant pink sword... awesome!

I wonder if the people on the zoo from 5000 years ago have descendants who still live there? What would their society be like?

The whole scene where the gems kept changing shape was amusing, but it got pretty intense when Steven pushed the hyperdrive and the vanished... the bit where he was crying for his dad really reminds you how young he is...

I'm really excited to see what's next! Aaaaaah!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like x 2
  20. BlackholeKG

Holy heck! Okay, that was great. Ruby and Sapphire! And other, full-size Amethysts! And a new Gem type! I love learning more about Gem society... and now Steven is in the zoo! Which apparently does indeed have its own inhabitants, wow! We will see what it's like in the next episode I presume... :D

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice