Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@tinyhydra haha yup. i have even tried to point out just how ridiculous it was to one of them, and the lack of self awareness was just... Astounding. Someone had a post telling jaspis shippers to kill themselves, and I sent them an anon basically saying 'so shipping fictional characters is wrong, but telling people to kill themselves is fine?' And got 'kill yourself' in return. At least they had to post it publicly since it was anon, and they put it in the tags, so I'm hoping it at least got some people to think about what they were saying.

2. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

/mutters to herself about Animorphs parallels

I mean, dreaming of someone blue trapped at the bottom of the ocean? Steven is clearly Cassie. Or maybe Tobias. (Room, make me a falcon!)

But yeah that was excellent and creepy and delightful, and I love how strong and angry Lapis is, even if she's not Accepting Friendship And Communication which is v important in this show. BE THE BADASS, BLUEFRIEND. KICK HER ASS!

• Like x 3
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Also, so much of the "Lapis has no agency" thing! How long ago did Jail Break air, cause a lot of people have forgotten that Lapis chose to do this, and that she's the only one keeping herself in the situation. Jasper is struggling, but she's struggling to break out of a fusion that she doesn't want to be in. Just two episodes ago, Garnet was making words about how awful it is that the cluster gems didn't have the choice to fuze and can't unfuze, but people are still saying that Lapis needs to be rescued and Jasper powderized for hurting her.

I mean, yeah, Lapis does need to be rescued, but so does Jasper. They both really need a helping hand right now.

Sidenote- I wonder if there are any quiet moments in Malachite. This episode shows that gems get mentally fatigued, at the very least, so maybe there are times when Jasper is too worn to struggle.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    • Like x 2
  4. Kary

Kary HE LEFT HIS FAMILY BEHIND!!

Brb, gonna go rewatch The Return and Jailbreak so I can properly rant about people misreading Jasper and Lapis so badly.

5. blue

blue hightown funk you up

the end of the first dream was SO CREEPY SJFHJDHGJDHG.
    (and pearl, oh my god. i can't believe she hologram-projected it.)

• Like x 2
  6. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Did anyone else find it hilarious how disgusted Pearl was when Rose turned into Greg and had some sort of pizza tongue? I laughed, at any rate

• Like x 8
  7. Hobo

Oh, that reminds me, at the end of the episode before this (we need to talk?), at the end was that Steven's voice? It... really didn't sound like him.

• Like x 1
  8. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@Hobo you mean when he said human beings? Yeah, I think that was Steven.

9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

and i can't believe tumblr has already proclaimed greg-as-rose to be transmisogny
    instead of, like, a manifestion of pearl's insecurities and stuff
    jesus
    like, that moment worked so much better (for me, anyway) than ug-as-rose in say uncle
    though i might just be being petty 'cause that shit showed up on the mobile app tag function when i was on the fairly oddparents tags

@Hobo
    it was basically Pearl's Worst Nightmare: food, greg and loss of rose

• Like x 2
  10. Hobo

@Alska Yeah, that one.
    It threw me off because it sounded way more feminine than I think Steven has ever sounded to me, but at the same time it wasn't distinctly anyone else's voice (I would've assumed Rose). /shrug. It probably was meant to be Steven and I'm mishearing it, though according to youtube comments a few other people had the same issue.

@unknownanonymous
    Haha yeah, I mean her reaction is understandable given her own issues with this stuff but it's still kind of funny to me, especially since after it came off like she was genuinely worried she was going to start regurgitating pizza. All those gurgling sounds.

• Like x 1
  11. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

okay, some screenshots just confirmed what I was thinking. Before Lapis gets pulled down into the water, the lighting is bluer- when she gets back out its greener. Just something interesting I noticed. Well, interesting to me at least lol. /SPOILER]

• Like x 2
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@Hobo eh, that's alright. i'm basically on the pearl feels train rn, so... when i
    saw it i was basically like, "those are three things that pearl doesn't like/is insecure about" and also "pearlrose is so totally a thing"

• Like x 1
  13. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

Checking the tumblr tags and. Wait people think Peridot made those gem fusion clusters? I was under the impression that she was sent to earth to CHECK on them. As in, they were there previously. I thought the “clusters” was just the Homeworld’s new name for the Kindergarten at first too but after the episode Keeping it Together I figured they were the fusion experiments that Garnet and Steven found since everything else at the Kindergarten was untouched. She kept on referring to her mission objective as “checking” on these clusters and all, so that’s the connection I made.

Am I missing out on something here?

• Like x 3
  14. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

@MintyJojo
    That was my impression as well. Certainly she isn't solely responsible for their existence, in any case.

• Like x 1
  15. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I wonder why Homeworld doesn't just send someone to collect the clusters (assuming that is what those forced-fusion things are) and move them to a Gem-controlled planet. Would warp travel interfere with the experiment? It just seems weird to go to the trouble of sending people to a planet they don't own and don't seem to be doing anything else with just for this one thing. Or maybe they are doing something else with Earth that we don't know about. idk.

On a similar note I wonder if anyone from Homeworld is gonna come looking for Jasper or Peridot or Lapis.

• Like x 2
  16. Kary

Kary HE LEFT HIS FAMILY BEHIND!!

17. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I don't mind that persons post. Mostly because I agree that it's ass-backwards that people are being accused of "lesbophobia" for hating Pearl.
    Like, Pearl is my fav gem and I get people wanting to defend her in the sea of loathing that the recent Stevenbomb has released but.

Really guys.
    Really.
    Come on.

• Like x 3
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So in my continued Middle-Earth AU adventures I realized one good reason for Pearl to be jealous of Greg. Having kids is like. The happiest bestest thing ever for Elves. They don't have many but jesus christ do they love children and raising children and protecting children.

IT MIGHT BE MUTANT CHILD BUT IT IS STILL CHILD. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NOW TO ELF BALLERINA IN DESPAIR.

• Like x 2
  19. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Holy shit apparently there's going to be another Steven Bomb in TWO WEEKS

• Like x 4
  20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

People are allowed to dislike whatever the hell character for whatever the hell reason, and people are allowed to dislike or disagree with those reasons, but the moment it gets personal, then shit is fucked. Especially when people refuse to believe that a person has reasons beyond being whatever-phobic.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice