Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Guys guys I think we might be slightly missing a thing here

YD IMPLIED THAT THEIR NEXT MOVE WILL BE TO COME TO EARTH. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF SHE PAUSES TO INSPECT THE CLUSTER PERSONALLY D:

I mean we've seen that it's the work of a moment to DESTROY a Bubble, right D:

• Like x 6
  2. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Christ the "They've skinnywashed steven and whitewashed
    blue diamond
    " crowd on tumblr are very aggravating.

• Like x 1
  3. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

... Blue Diamond didn't even seem particularly more white-coded, IMO.

4. Gyro Zeppeli

But she's lighter blue, her lips aren't shiny, her nose is slimmer, and she has long visible hair!11! This blue space rock is now a white blue space rock!1!

5. PotteryWalrus

wat. just

wat

I don't even with these people why

6. PotteryWalrus

Also Yellow Diamond's little buttcape gives me life XD

• Like x 3
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

....................You know.

I could see an argument re: skinnywashing. The art style's changed. Steven's design has been streamlined in certain ways over time, and he, Pearl and Peridot are a lot cuter in some ways than their original appearances.

But our introduction to Blue Diamond was in the flashback story, with her in the shade, with the very simplified color scheme. It's not a valid comparison for what BD would look like in other lightings.

• Like x 14
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeah. Just look at how pearl and rose looked up on the stadium! You might as well say that going from entirely pink rose to 'basically human white' is whitewashing.

• Like x 9
  9. Gyro Zeppeli

Not to mention they're, you know, multicolored space rocks. We have canon evidence of the same gems changing color (Garnet went from reddish brown to purple in the Return/Jailbreak.)

• Like x 9
  10. PotteryWalrus

ahaha now i'm thinking of Diamonds being poofed and who the heck would DARE XDDD

• Like x 6
  11. Rose Quartz dared.

• Like x 6
  12. swirlingflight

Or did she

No she did, too many signs point to it

• Like x 5
  13. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

Honestly, I thought the whole thing with all the gems being saturated with their color in the beginning of The Answer was supposed to be symbolic? Like, subtle indications of all the emphasis on class and gem type and 'everyone has their place.' And then when Ruby and Sapphire get out of the Sky Arena and come down to earth, they look more like we're used to seeing them because they can finally be themselves.

• Like x 13
  14. swirlingflight

xinmyx.png

• Like x 14
  15. PotteryWalrus

New theory - Pink Diamond's shards are part of the Cluster.

• Like x 4
  16. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Actually it doesn't seem like there's any size where gem shards stop being conscious or at least driven by some kind of mind. Even when they're ground to dust they retain some kind of mind. And diamonds could easily have something that sets them apart from other gems, so... that raises questions about what happened to pink shards.

• Like x 9
  17. PotteryWalrus

Yeah, shattering a Gem doesn't seem to kill them as an entity the way killing does biological creatures, it just seems to - well, fragment their sense and ability of personhood, kinda. What I mean is that to a lot of Gems - certainly Homeworld, from what we've seen - no longer perceives as a shattered Gem as a person, even if it can still potientally semi-manifest and move around.

Also, I really really want the other Rose Quartzes to get unbubbled sometime soon, because it would be hella interesting to meet other Roses now we've met other Amethysts, Rubies, and Pearls XDD (Really tough on Steven and Greg, ofc, but I wonder what they'd make of Steven. Would they be like his Rose, and be interested in him from a purely scientific and physiological standpoint? Or would they slamdunk him like they might Garnet, for being an 'abomination'?)

• Like x 7
  18. Gyro Zeppeli

iirc, the gems literally use gem shards to make automata and technology, which is like warhammer 40k levels of corpse repurposement, except not even corpses

• Like x 5
  19. Gyro Zeppeli

Like, let me take a still-sentient chunk of your brain and use it to make my toaster smarter.

• Like x 12
  20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of those robots they made using rat brain cells.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice