Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

no one's mentioned the actual best part of the episode tho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 17
    • Agree x 1
  2. Just watched the new episode and I think it was pretty great. It's just like those AU fics from season one! The Crystal Gems are replaced by Connie, Lapis, Peridot, and an orange person. More seriously, I really liked Lapis in this episode, she has a great sense of humor, even if she isn't as expressive as Amethyst or Peridot. But why did Connie take Steven's shirt? And sleep in his bed?

• Like x 6
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

!!!!!!!!!!

(ALSO IT LOOKS LIKE PEARL IS IN ROSE'S ROOM IN SOME OF THE LEAKED SCREENSHOTS OMG)

• Like x 2
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Prepare a box of tissues.

• Like x 3
  5. swirlingflight

I'm rewatching immediately. I almost never do that, but god damn this one hurts in all the very best ways.

Steven being glad to have Connie staying longer because it gives him a chance to think about anything other than everything going on.

Connie's increasing worry, the fact that she's able to talk about it, recognize how much it's building on her, and breathe a bit through it.

The initial fucking adorable but slightly flat feeling Rose. The way she starts feeling more like what we've seen of her, when they're playing with the football, talking about how wonderful it is... and then pranks him with it.

The fucking catharsis of Steven finally saying some of these things aloud, even if only to himself and the room.

The very Steven way of wanting to think the best of her, that the secret video was true, after all that.

• Like x 14
  6. Acey

IT'S NOT LIKE I NEEDED MY HEART OR ANYTHING

• Like x 6
  7. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

k but

rose IS a part of him, right? so that means that could have been the real actual rose

not just his perception of her, but the part of him that is LITERALLY her

• Like x 16
  8. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

A good episode and also wow it really is nice to hear Steven say all of those things, bc this shit has been bothering him for a while and now maybe he'll be better able to deal with things.

As for Rose, I think eventually we'll possibly learn more, but it's hard to say when since Steven universe feels pretty slowburn re: plot (but I actually really like that about it, bc even the smallest bits still matter later).

• Like x 10
  9. Acey

I think it's possibly a bit of both, myself--but I think a lot of it was what the room knows about Rose. It would explain why room!Rose was relatively realistic, actually, and seemed to show some degree of genuine sentience (compare her reactions to those of room!Connie in Open Book, for instance). It was her room, after all--it probably knows her better than it knows anyone else, Steven included.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like x 11
  10. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

this only raises more questions
    -was the Rose the room or was it the Rose part of Steven projecting
    -how is the room made? apparently it isn't real because the phone camera can't see it so is it a part of the mind of the owner?
    -whoever rose was, why did she get so defensive when Steven started talking shit about her
    -where were the Crystal Gems this episode?
    -most importantly, Greg, why do you think mushrooms are a good alternative to pepperoni that is not acceptable

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  11. Acey

Mushrooms are way better than pepperoni, fite me IRL.

(jk but i do prefer them personally)

EDIT: Also, re: where the Gems were, Steven seems to imply that they're helping Greg set up the car wash sign...and frankly I think that's hilarious because it implies it took a bunch of super-strong, super-advanced aliens an entire day to put up a sign. I can actually believe it, too--the Gems seem to be completely clueless when it comes to really basic things (see: Pearl's difficulty figuring out how to open the juice can in Last One Out), and I love it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like x 9
  12. Technicality

HOW COULD YOU I TRUSTED YOU!!!!!1!!!1!oneone!!
    I'm entirely kidding. I respect your opinions, even the ones that we don't share :)

• Like x 1
  13. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

lmao um i hope ??? you know ????? that mushroom pizza AND pepperoni pizza are romanticizing shit pizza lol

there are fuckin MINORS watching this show jesus fuck

/s

• Like x 4
  14. swirlingflight

WOW
    /team mushroom and onion pizza 5ever

• Like x 4
  15. Acey

Let's be real, though, roasted garlic is the only pizza topping that actually matters.

• Like x 6
  16. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE THIS NUMBER pfff
    wow that is a tiny 1500-piece puzzle
    awww Connie
    (btw i wonder if Stevonnie has her own room in the temple)
    awww Doc Maheswaran
    i'm glad she's cooler about magic stuff now
    Steven are you... ok...
    oh hey they're basically magnets huh! neat
    :(((
    ;-;
    god poor Steven
    :(
    so... is she just going to be like Cloud Connie? only wanting to do what he wants?
    OH MY GOD
    ....ok but I don't know if that's part of Steven's perception/wanting of Rose or. if rose was just like that.
    CHARLIE BROWN REFERENCES YAY
    awww kiddo.
    D:
    WOW that's what the inside of the room looks like?
    'i'm not?' 'i'm not... a real person'
    D: oh, steven.....
    OH NO........
    awww kiddo
    awww family.
    and that's an oddly haunting whale-song-y ending tune.

• Like x 4
  17. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

1. Can I just say that I appreciate how very very good SU is at showing tension in real-world situations, not just magical ones--Connie being anxious at something possibly happening to her mom felt as real as the Gems trying to fool Holly Blue Agate
    2. Poor lonely Steven D: The storm ruined his macaroni
    3. Oh God, Steven being aware of the whole lionizing-Rose thing the Gems do
    4. Apparently, what Steven's adolescence was missing was a Peanuts joke
    5. He can't take a picture of her because she's not there
    6. Oh shit, Steven, you really need to stop bottling that stuff up your explosions are getting worse
    7. "Did you make me just so you wouldn't have to deal with all your mistakes?" Ouch.
    8. I honestly believe room!Rose's response came at least a little bit from real Rose, whether she actually reached beyond the grave of Steven's belly or she just left some kind of prerecorded message in case he started asking those questions
    9. That depressed little flop on the couch :(
    10. But then pizza ending! With family! Mushrooms are the best pizza topping I will fight you all with my tiny fists
    11. "Pearl too?" kinda kills me

• Like x 10
  18. Technicality

It's interesting, I seem to be in the minority here wrt mushrooms vs pepperoni. OH WELL

• Like x 1
  19. Charl

Charl Well-Known Member

Pepperoni besteroni. Also that episode felt very short; maybe 'cause it was a lot of one-on-one interaction.

20. Technicality

I agree that the episode felt really short.
    And also yay for pepperoni

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice