Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

like, I don't think Steven needs to be the one to help Bismuth or 'fix' her or anything but
    Pearl and Garnet could totally help her? they knew each other for a damn long time it seems, so

2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

yeah, you have a point there but often, in su, steven is the one doing the trusting and whatnot and the crystal gems seem to be following his lead. i see why that could be different for bismuth, but i also can see the crystal gems still being upset with her.

and just... i don't see room for bismuth in what we have left.

3. chaoticArbiter

yeah but idk, I feel like Pearl and Garnet, at least, would understand at least a little? they seemed pretty sad when they put her in the bubble.
    the episodes do tend to be short, but there are 25 of them (probably) and things can happen pretty fast in SU, so I feel like right now, when we're barely into the final season, it's sort of hard to really tell what's going to happen--like, the Wanted special could end with the CGs coming to get Steven and Lars, or Steven and Lars escaping somehow, and then something happens with Jasper and Bismuth and the final climax of the show happens later in the season. I....am also sort of not really seeing how they could spend like 16 episodes on Homeworld when it seems like a lot of shit is gonna happen in the one-hour special, which probably accounts for 4 episodes.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Regarding her voice actor, I feel like we have some surprisingly famous voice actors on the show more regularly (ex. Estelle) and I do think, if Bismuth is written to come back, they've accounted for it... Whether Bismuth is... written to come back is another matter. I also feel like if she does come back in the future, it would be with lines she would have probably gotten down in the same recording session? Idk, SU seems pretty planned ahead.

I've had a lot of faith in SU re: Bismuth and mm.... I will be very disappointed if it isn't resolved. There's 'not being able to save everyone, not everyone is your problem' which you can have without abandoning Bismuth's storyline. Imo, Jasper is less of their concern than Bismuth since Jasper is like... idk, their enemy and not a former colleague who was treated kind of cruelly.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
  5. unknownanonymous

that's a good point.

the one hour special commercial + homeworld + the episode descriptions i saw somewhere gave me the impression that they were spending most of the time on it and that the show would end there. like, i got the impression that it would be at least 3 homeworld episodes, maybe more + the 1 hour special

6. chaoticArbiter

I can see how you got that impression, but that'd be pretty early for a climax and also a LOT of time to spend on Homeworld, and I'm not very sure how they'd make that happen really, without starting a whole new plot or something, since there's 26 planned episodes for season 5, apparently.

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
  7. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

;P
    [​IMG]

• Like x 12
    • Winner x 4
  8. chaoticArbiter

pls to post when done so I can scream over how great it is

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. unknownanonymous

this seebs quote reminds me of rose quartz

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 2
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I have been watching this video nonstop since it came out omg

12. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Bismuth as Robespierre is the best part, IMO.

• Agree x 2
  13. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

why does this have to happen immediately before exam week
    whyyyy

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Holy fucking shiiit this gonna be good. Im also weirdly happy hes having to deal with this with lars of all people. One of the background characters we see fairly frequently that wont try to comfort steven, or protect him, or tell him itll all work out. so far weve seen him do nothing but flip his shit and act like a normal human being, forcing steven to deal with shit like a normal human being as well. Its weirdly comforting and relateable to see steven saying things like "its okay to be scared" and realizing Hey Wait, That Applies To Me Too.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  16. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I actually like that Steven had that line where he was like....
    not exactly, but: 'lars youre always real w me, you never pretend things are more positive than they are' etc. Like it kind of shows you the way in that Steven appreciates Lars? Like you can get why, even if Lars is often a dick, Steven appreciates that attitude. It's one he isn't really allowed to have because he's shouldering a lot of things, but he doesn't resent Lars for it? He seems to find it refreshing? And that's interesting.

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  17. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

*screams for ten years* This is gonna be so scary and world-building and cathartic and perfect and we're gonna get to see more of the Diamonds and new gems and Homeworld and we're finally gonna hear a real detailed account of the war that won't be sugar-coated for Steven's benefit and oh gosh golly miss Molly

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
  18. Technicality

I may just study really hard on Saturday and Sunday so I can watch Steven Universe on Monday

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Good luck with your exams!

• Agree x 3
  20. Technicality

Thanks!

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice