Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. I believe you I was just confused. I didn't think he was that scary.

2. Oke.

:stare: I agree with you there. Anyone talked to me that way I think my mom woulda had some Loud Words with them.

Hm. Well for me I always felt like an outsider in school p much all through it, even in middle school when I did have a bunch of friends, I think in part because I hated peer pressure. Even today that generally ostracizes me to people not that much older than I am. Also there's the part where I couldn't fucking wait to be an adult and have some actual control over my life. So, different perspective I guess.

I agree about some of the relationships in retrospect being :stare:. Esp. like.. college boys who were "proud" to have highschool girlfriends or guys who were cheating on their spouses ho boy. Like, I got put on the awkward end of those kind of advances enough when I was presenting as female to know younger me would not have handled that well.

Then again my mom's told me I have resting bitch face (not in those words but still). Probably does not ping people as someone who's easy to control.

I don't see it as her feeling led on, I really think it is the two-faced aspect of it. But, eh.

I agree.

Yeah me too. 16 is like.. right on the edge. And Sadie should defs slow down in that case.

• Witnessed x 1
  3. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

OMG YES PLEASE GARNET WOULD DIE

I have a lot of other thoughts, but I didn't feel like cluttering up thread with replies to months old stuff xD

I am now completely caught up, have more screams
    AAAAAAHHHHHH

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  4. Okay. I am five minutes into Lars' Head, and I got one thing to say.

What the FUCK.

• Agree x 5
  5. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

so....Padparasdcha Sapphire, she predicts things after they've happened--but no matter what, she always seems to mention the prediction anyway. and it sort of seems like maybe she doesn't actually necessarily realize until slightly after the prediction that it's already happened. what if she's like....I don't know, somehow actually a few moments or seconds behind in her whole perception of what's happening around her? idk, it just seems a little odd that she doesn't seem to realize the thing's already come to pass when she tells everyone about it.

eta: maybe she's just normally in her future vision? it seems like CG Sapphire could see the set path of things, but could also be fully aware of the world around her, or like she could choose to see things versus be aware of the world around her. maybe Padparasdcha is just...normally not aware of the world around her, unless something very jarring happens to her, and is usually just seeing the future, mostly unaware of the things around her? I don't know, but it seems to me like her 'flaw' goes beyond just being late in her predictions.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Agree x 7
  6. chaoticArbiter

god, I'm rewatching The Trial and--I can't get over the way it starts with no theme. just. that was a good decision for this episode, but it's such a jarring beginning.
    also, I feel bad for Zircons, because our Zircon says "both our Gems are on the line" and--does that mean whichever Zircon loses a court case gets shattered? because that's kind of horrible and if I was a Zircon I'd be terrified like always all the time.

• Like x 7
    • Agree x 2
  7. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I think maybe it was only on that particular case that she was in danger of being shattered. The other Zircon said that defending a traitor is treason; if that wasn't just an insult, then maybe a Zircon is automatically convicted of treason if her client is found guilty of same? Which is still cruel and absurd, but it would mean that not every case is a matter of life or death for every Zircon.

• Like x 9
  8. chaoticArbiter

that WOULD make sense. still sucks though--she mentioned being ASSIGNED to the case, so that means that not only is she probably going to lose the case, she didn't even choose to do it. which I guess makes sense for the way courts work, but....god.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. chaoticArbiter

okay but the way Blue Pearl and Yellow Pearl look when Pink Pearl is mentioned. I. god.
    also I'm just
    me: *rewatches the most recent episodes*
    Rebecca Sugar: hears very faint sobbing off in the distance

• Agree x 3
  10. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

It could also be that Zircon was worried because of the uniqueness of this particular case. She knew that the Diamonds would probably be volatile because they were trying Rose Quartz, and didn't want to end up shattered alongside probably the biggest traitor that Homeworld's ever known.

It seems really unlikely to me that Homeworld would shatter court defense gems for doing their job under normal circumstances, basically. I think the issue here is that Rose Quartz represents distinctly unusual circumstances.

• Agree x 10
  11. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I continue to love the insight into how YD and BD handle grief, it's super fascinating and also Blue's brief anger was utterly terrifying <3 <3 <3 (also, Yellow frustratedly/helplessly blinking back tears was A+)
    Lars keeps growing on me, dammit. His finally being willing to admit fear and acknowledge that he could keep going anyway was just so good. I kept hoping for a fusion but it seems unlikely, alas.
    Also, the neverending question hydra that is Rebecca Sugar's storytelling is absolutely incredible and not good for my heart haha
    I cannot believe nobody has made a Fluorite Octet joke yet.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
  12. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Final thought before I go to bed: it's kinda weird that Steven suddenly has healing tears now when before it was just his spit. What's up with that?

• Agree x 2
  13. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Possibly they manifested due to his being overcome with grief for Lars?

• Agree x 2
  14. I dunno, it's also really weird that he can enter people's dreams and possess their bodies. The further we get in the show, the more ridiculous his powers get.

On a related note- I can understand how healing powers would extend into resurrection powers, but how does bringing someone back to life turn their hair into a gateway to another dimension?

• Agree x 1
  15. chaoticArbiter

it might be that while Rose's tears could do all the healing, his tears can only resurrect? and @tickingnectarine my thought about that is--the resurrection part might imbue the person/animal with some of the Gem....magic, or whatever, and kind of. alters them? I mean, we don't really know what Gem magic or DNA combined with another life-form outside of actual reproduction stuff would do.
    or maybe Rose had some weird ability to make dimensions that was somehow connected to her resurrection powers and when she brought Lion back she accidentally linked the two and now any organic life-form resurrected with her powers is doomed to have a link to it through their hair. I don't know. it's a kids' show, some of it is going to be unexplainable magic bullshit.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. So, one of the new gems is called padparadcha. A lot of people are calling her other things due to either difficulty spelling the name, or not being clear what her name is. (I only learned it thanks to a friend who saw the episode). What else do you guys call her? I call her peppermint.

• Winner x 1
  17. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i sometimes call her pad but usually i just call her padparadscha bc its not that hard to remember once you break it down into pad + parad + scha

18. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

purple/pink sapphire

19. chaoticArbiter

para or pad.

padparadscha sapphires are orange though?

20. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

it's possible that I am blind and/or have a terrible memory for colors

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice