Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

Have you guys seen this yet? It has no new information but it's super cute.
    Also is apparently another anime reference.
    (I love that the people working on this show are weebs)

• Like x 4
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well, the 'unless trapped in an object' kind of confirms that Lapis' mirror probably wasn't the only one of its class... Also yeah that was cute! Though I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have Amethyst in her old outfit to demonstrate reformation changes.

3. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

I can't watch the video right now, but I thought it could already be inferred that Lapis's mirror wasn't a completely unique thing- what about the desert glass or whatever it was called? The one in the pillow that kept trying to build things out of sand. Also maybe the Moon Goddess statute from the Sea Spire episode.

4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Eh, could very well be what she meant. It's honestly just something I don't think I'd ever say unless I knew the "proper" way for a thing to develop. And the fact that Peridot claimed that some had come out early. That made it seem like there's an expected time frame for this sort of thing. Mostly I just think the idea that homeworld is going into this blind is kind of appalling? Feels like sensitive experiments ought to be done under a close watch, yunno? If it's just a matter of setting up a thing and letting it go, then sure, whatever, let it happen on a planet outside your control. No prob, bob. And if you're not invested in the thing, sure go ahead and abandon the whole damn thing. War going down, people are dying, get your techies out of there. I dunno, I'm not wording this right.

5. KarrinBlue

Yeah, I'd like one about weapons or fusions maybe.

6. liminal

Heads up: They revealed info about the new episodes at comicon so there is a 99.9999% chance tumblr will have spoilers all over the place

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    • Like x 1
  7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Spoiler alert confirmed, Tumblr has a video of [Redacted] going around. It's a video of a panel presentation.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Sardonyx yes good.

8. WinkWonk

WinkWonk 30 Luminous Shark Distresses The Squeamish

Yeah, here's the vid revealing which gems form [fusion name redacted, I wasn't sure if that was still a spoiler since the episode names were out already] and what she looks like! Massive spoilers, obviously!
    AAAAAAAAAAAH I'M SO EXCITED! I loved their dance, and just how stoked Pearl seemed about it! I feel her though, Garnet's moves had me sweating, damn. And Sardonyx seems really cool, I like her voice already!

• Like x 1
  9. liminal

I won't have access to a computer/TV during stevenbomb #3, and I'm debating spoiling myself now. I mean, I generally don't like spoilers buuuut if it's anything like the last stevenbombs by the time I can watch it spoilers will be all over the internet and I will probably be spoiled anyways just googling the episode titles I missed

EDIT: I SPOILED MYSELF

While I am vaguely disapointed that Sardonyx is Pearl/Garnet's fusion and not Ammolite, their fusion dance makes up for it by 10000%

Also lol you'd think Sardonyx would be all elegant and cool and intelligent but she looks like a nerd and it's great.

• Like x 1
  10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i'm disappointed that sardonyx was garnet/pearl
    the "sardonyx is one of the forced fusions peridot was checking on" and "sardonyx is something to do with jasper" theories sounded much cooler to me
    ah well, i think i trust the crewniverse to pull this off well, even if it's not my fave theory
    and it involves pearl - that's a definite plus!!!
    edit: fixed borked coding. sure hope i was quick enough on the draw there!

11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Oh man oh man, that was so fucking cute, holy shit. Also, disappointed a bit. Kinda confused. Was the whole "Week of Sardonyx" thing not official, or was it not a literal week full of episodes focusing on the character, OR is Sardonyx just so rad a character that they can get five (four?) full episodes out of her? Kinda miffed about that, not sure why.
    Anywhosen, cute cute cute cute cute, and can't fucking wait for next week.

12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

13. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

yeah, it's super disappointing to me that Sardonyx is just Pearl and Garnet :/ I mean I'm sure she'll be great and all just *clutches my disproven theories* the other ideas were so cool. Also yeah, no idea how they're going to get a whole week out of her unless something makes her unable to unfuse? Idk... I kind of want to suggest that maybe the name is going to end up being purposely misleading and the whole week won't actually be all about her? Idk

14. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

So the most I've allowed myself to view from the SDCC panel is just the extended theme clip

so not only am I going to have to dodge further details until monday, but now I'm going to have to do it while crying

they've all come so far ;-;

• Like x 1
  15. KarrinBlue

Did it actually say that the fusion's name was Sardonyx? Maybe it's the Gravity Falls fan in me talking but they might be tricking us.

• Like x 1
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yep! It's hard to hear, but she did name herself, right after she did that little spin. It's definitely her, unless it is not.

• Like x 1
  17. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Huh, so. I've been seeing a couple posts on tumblr calling Jasper's less than complementary view of fusions a parallel or metaphor for homophobia, and I'm just kinda headtilting over that. I'm not so great at spotting metaphors and whatnot, but it feels like a bit of a stretch to liken a character dismissing a thing which we've seen primarily used to enhance combat strength as a cheap tactic to disgust at minority romantic and sexual leanings. I dunno, it just seems weird to me. Maybe I'm taking it too literally?

• Like x 2
  18. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

The comparison is fairly easy to draw when you consider Garnet's line in the extended intro scene - "I will fight for a place where I'm free to live together and exist as me."

Specifically centering on Jasper seems a bit fiddly but on its own the line paints a pretty easy parallel.

19. liminal

So I may have spoiled myself on (one of?) the plots of the Steven bomb. I started reading thinking it was just someone's speculation before I read that this person was 100% accurate for the plot of the last steven bomb. I keep thinking about it. I am not super upset because I read it on my own volition instead of being accidentally spoiled by leaked episodes but... if it is true it feels like some really messed up stuff is going to happen with the characters and I am not ready for the fall out from the fandom. I wish the tumblr SU fandom wasn't so vitriolic. They already pounce on the show/the characters/other fans for not being perfect all the time, so it makes me legitimately worried how they will react to this plot.

20. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

You can always just stay here and talk with us about the thing!

(I have not seen these spoilers but I'm actually kind of ready for a shakeup of some sort)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice