Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. No, Emerald.

• Informative x 2
  2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    okay that's fair
    I dunno....
    maybe because they were only drawing her head proportions got wonky?

• Agree x 1
  3. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I think it could be done. It happens all the time that people in power will talk about how they hate x thing, x thing is unacceptable, citizens must not have or do x thing because it's wrong/amoral/a luxury, but they allow it in theirselves or their own family. They excuse it because they know their own reasons and, if they're as cold as yellow diamond, they figure they have better reasons/more right to have x thing than the common people. If it's a subject, they demand they get rid of x thing immediately, but if it's them, or their kid sister, and they love her, they find an excuse for it.

I think that could be an interesting dynamic. The diamonds absolutely do not allow defective or flawed gems to live, but when it happened to one of their own, they found an excuse.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. chaoticArbiter

I'm not really thinking about the Diamonds themselves tolerating it--more the effect that would have on the Gem population. they're all well aware that flawed Gems, Gems that fail or don't work right or don't do their job right, are supposed to be shattered. allowing a Diamond who isn't completely and utterly perfect, who isn't exactly like the rest of the Diamonds, when the Diamonds are supposed to be completely and utterly objectively flawless beings would undermine the entire philosophy. plus, if a Diamond comes out of the ground like all Gems, the Diamonds shouldn't have had any reason to immediately keep a flawed Diamond, not when it would....y'know, undermine their whole philosophy. they don't know that Diamond yet. she just came out of the ground, they haven't had time to get to love her.
    but mostly I'm stuck on "it would undermine the whole philosophy, if a Diamond was short and small and clearly not acceptable (because we know other Gems who are short and small are probably ones that would be shattered), that would impact the Gem society pretty heavily I think". like, Gems have always lived in fear of failing or become obsolete, or of Gems who are flawed, and know and accept that all of these Gems will be shattered. they accept this, at least in part I think, because the Diamonds are 'objectively flawless', and I'm not convinced only Peridot would think that. but then there's a Diamond who's short, and small, and somehow....they're still supposed to believe she's objectively flawless and that the Diamonds aren't wrong about anything ever? it just seems like they should've had way more than two Gems interested in starting a revolt if that was the case. and yeah, those two Gems got more Gems interested--but if the Diamonds did THAT, allowed a flawed Diamond, I don't think it'd make sense that there was so little unrest that Rose and Pearl were on their own in the rebellion for so long.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. TheOthin

TheOthin skipped to campaign 2 for the tieflings

I don't think Pink stayed small. The mural on the (Earth's) moon base, for example, depicted her on the same scale as the other diamonds, and looking pretty different from her depiction in Jungle Moon. And that moon base also had a huge seat, although from what I've heard, not one as big as Yellow's one here.

• Agree x 5
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. No way was she always that tiny, at the very least.

• Agree x 2
  7. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i don't think Pink Diamond was ever tiny, in reality. i thought that was a dream convention! we know Yellow Diamond doesn't have the skin tone of Connie's mom, and i thought Pink's height was part of that-- dream logic getting rolled together with Steven's flashbacks/emotion memories/weird psychic...ness. Pink saw herself as being treated like a child, so that's how it got reflected in her... memory? emotion?

WILL THEY EVER ADDRESS WTF IS UP WITH STEVEN'S DIAMOND DREAMS, BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TALK ABOUT THEM COHERENTLY.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. TheOthin

TheOthin skipped to campaign 2 for the tieflings

We saw the broken glass, though, which suggested that not only did the conversation really take place but also that Pink really punched the glass from the same height as seen in the dream.

• Like x 2
  9. Wait, we did?

• Like x 1
  10. chaoticArbiter

towards the end of the episode, once Stevonnie wakes up, they touch the glass window that they punched in their dream as Pink. it's at the exact same height it was in the dream and it is VERY broken.

• Like x 2
  11. hyrax

oh dang i totally missed that! HUH.

... didn't Pink punch a mirror though, not a window?

• Agree x 2
  12. chaoticArbiter

no. it was a window. the window reflected her image but windows can reflect, just not that WELL, but I'm p sure it was that clear because it's a TV show and they wanted us to know it was Pink.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  13. hyrax

no that totally makes sense. i only watched it once and it's since been taken down from where i watched it, so i haven't been able to double-check any of my theories.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. chaoticArbiter

that's fair! sorry if I came across abrasive.
    also now that we know that Pink WAS that smol at at least one point I really want to see more because oh my GOD it was adorable I KNOW SHE GOES ON TO TRY AND DESTROY EARTH BUT JUST--TINY DIAMOND! TINY DIAMOND!!

• Agree x 2
  15. Acey

Does anyone know where I might find separate videos of the most recent episodes? The only ones I've been finding have had them smooshed together, and I wanna have separate copies on my lappy. ;-;

EDIT: Never mind, found 'em!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like x 1
  16. chaoticArbiter

share??? for same reason as your request :P

17. Acey

I managed to find 'em pretty easily on YouTube, as it turns out--just search "(episode title) full episode" and you should find 'em!

• Informative x 1
  18. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Ok so Pink confirmed as baby sister of the diamonds.

My old theory had Blue and Yellow roughly the same age based on the symbol, but that's not what I'm thinking about right now.

The pattern to use the screen started and ended with White. White still has yet to be seen. Given the attention paid to the pattern, I'm going to guess it's intentional.

Originally I attributed White's absence to her being the oldest and Too Busy For This Shit, having the most responsibility. But with the implications of the trial... I'm almost positive BLUE didn't kill Pink, and I'm leaning away from Yellow. She seems to be grieving in her own way and not in a "it was me" way. Which leaves White, or Pink herself and while SU gets pretty dark I dooon't think it's going to get "plot twist suicide" dark.

I'm leaning towards Pink's size being a reflection of her mental age, like tiny!Amethyst (whose hole is current-Ame sized), but that doesn't mean it wasn't why White killed her. We see her acting immature, if her attitude stuck after she started colonizing Earth and the rebellion started... what if White decided she wasn't fit to be a diamond? Maybe it just started with White deciding it would be better to lose the colony and cut their losses (using the weapon that causes corruption much sooner?) but Pink threw a fit over it's her colony, they can't have it? And maybe White runs the math and decides letting the rebels think they've won but leaving them stranded is better in the long run, and Pink's a little brat with no control over the situation?

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  19. chaoticArbiter

thank!! :D

• Like x 1
  20. chaoticArbiter

honestly, especially given the way she acted over not having a colony and army NOW, it wouldn't surprise me if White decided like.... "Pink is still too immature to handle this", or even outright thought to herself that Pink isn't cut out to be a Diamond, tried to take the colony and get rid of it or give it to Blue or Yellow or herself to cut their losses--and then Pink threw a fit and that was it for White, it was so easy to just blame the rebels for the death of a DIAMOND, and now they're the worst of war criminals and she can authorize using full force against them, even destroying the planet--hell, maybe she even did that to justify, in the long term, her using the corruption weapon. because they had to, because one of those WAR CRIMINALS murdered a DIAMOND, our own sister, and we need to strike back in FULL FORCE no matter the consequences. if Pink was taking too long to 'grow up' for White, or seemed like she wasn't ever going to change enough to be a 'proper' Diamond, White could've gotten rid of Pink, cut their losses, tested at least one weapon, and gotten rid of the troublesome Gems who started the rebellion in the first place all in one go--even if her weapon didn't get all the rebel Gems, they'd be stranded forever anyway. and honestly, grief can allow for some pretty heavy manipulation, if White needed that.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice