Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Are you for real right now geez

2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Looks like the link got taken down. :(

3. Oh wow that was fast o_o well. There’s still tomorrow! :3

4. Acey

• Informative x 2
  5. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

THESE WERE ALL GREAT

• Agree x 2
  6. Acey

BIG AGREE
    I thought Your Mother And Mine was the weakest of the batch, but it was still pretty damn good! I LOVE the art style used for the flashback...and it makes me think that the story we've heard about Rose shattering Pink was Rose's version of the story. I really do think Garnet is, as far as she knows, being truthful--she just doesn't realize that it might not be how it went down.

The Big Show was so much fun. I love the old VHS effect and the entire framing device! Also, Greg continues to be Good Egg, Best Dad. And Barb is finally learning to back away from her daughter's affairs! (Also, I would absolutely listen to Sadie Killer And The Suspects.)

POOL HOPPING IS MY NEW FAVE S5 EP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. So good!! I don't really have any coherent words for that one beyond AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Letters To Lars was ADORABLE. The improv scene killed me, and PEARL HAS A CELL PHONE NOW SHE CAN CALL MYSTERY GIRL

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  7. It's nice to hear more about Rose Quartz and the rebellion! Sadly, unless we hear from Rose or Pink personally I don't know if we're ever gonna learn what "really" happened. This is the most recent though, so it's what I'm going with. The humans continue to be sideplot material, but Sadie Killer is good stuff.

• Like x 2
  8. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

TINY KITTY ON BIG MANE!

TINY KITTY!

ON! BIG! MANE!

• Agree x 7
  9. Next episode, uh.

Did Garnet just flex her big donut uniform off?

And to expand on that, my thoughts on the other two episodes.

I liked the discussion of probable and improbable events and splits in the timeline! Seeing Garnet so worried about how she's going to guide the gems if she doesn't know where they're going was sad, but of course Steven was able to help. And they have a new one-eyed cat! Perfect for the three-eyed Garnet. That's just adorable.

“Paint me like one of your amethysts” killed me.

All the theories about Mayor Dewey working at the Big Donut were right. Peridot moving from modern art to comedy was interesting, and I loved seeing Pearl heckling from the audience. And yas she has a phone to call Mystery Girl now, nice.

Overall these episodes weren't very important? Except maybe the first one. But whatever, more will come, and we can't have every episode be dramatic and plot-intensive.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  10. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

This is entirely apropos of nothing, but I've been listening to Through the Looking Glass (and What Alice Found There) and been entertained by how much Yellow and Blue Diamond seem to be based off the Red and White Queen respectively.

Which might be bunk, but I mean the Off Colours have Caterpillar as well as tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum...

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Also from Pool Hopping: I love that Steven's complaint about the kitty's name isn't that ~Steven's a boy name~ but the potential confusion. Gender never enters into it. Being genderqueer and having no intention of changing my name that's just. So important. Steven is a Good.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

helo I am screm
    I WANNA KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN WITH THEM GOING AFTER THE BASE?? ALSO I'M SO GLAD GARNET FINALLY MET THE OFF COLORS.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  13. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

hey i 10000% think pink diamond hasn't actually been shattered
    [\spoiler]

• Agree x 6
  14. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

What would a corrupted Diamond look like, I wonder?

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
  15. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

yeah i definitely think that Pink Diamond isn't shattered either-- maybe she got poofed and is bubbled somewhere, maybe she's powering some piece of gem tech, maybe she's corrupted. but unless that was a big red herring, i think the show is heavily implying that she's not actually shattered. (of course, i think that GARNET believes she's been shattered-- she's telling her version of Rose's version of events, after all, and wasn't there for a lot of it.)

also i found this line, about the new gems created on Pink Diamond's earth, to be FASCINATING:
    "In comparison to their creator, their existence was ordinary. They were life-forms only meant to fit their mold."
    ... so, what you're saying is that Pink Diamond's existence was NOT ordinary? she was a life-form NOT meant to fit her mold? maybe that applies to diamonds in general, but my first thought was that Pink was unusual even for a diamond. Peridot definitely seemed to view the diamonds with the same functionalist philosophy as she did every other gem-- they are perfect beings, therefore the role they're made for is leadership. but maybe Pink was... not flawed, but different. (or maybe she WAS flawed and the diamonds are even bigger hypocrites than i assumed.)

although it's possible that Garnet meant that diamonds are the only people in gem society who get to self-determine their own destiny, which is also interesting. in that case, Rose Quartz was fighting for everyone to have the same rights as the leaders, rather than making up a radically new personal philosophy that no gem had any context to understand.

damn you SU, how do you pack so much intrigue into an 11-minute episode

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    • Like x 10
    • Agree x 2
  16. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

There is no fucking way White Diamond is actually Pink Diamond, fused with someone else, is there?

• Like x 2
  17. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

considering the Diamonds' views on fusion...probably not.

• Agree x 1
  18. if she isn’t actually shattered, that’s going to really interfere with the “you have to face the consequences of your actions” and “even Rose did some questionable things” messages. Oh, she didn’t really shatter her! She was alive the whole time and everything is fine.

• Agree x 4
  19. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

UTENA! STYLIZED! EPISODE! YES!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Strongly agree... however, we know for a fact that Garnet's story is wrong since it directly contradicts what Bismuth said about her sword not being able to shatter gems...
    .....maybe she did use Bismuth's weapon after all, and she just never wanted anyone to know it.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice