Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. mazarinedrake

mazarinedrake Well-Known Member

Holy shit you guys, I just thought of something cool --

So, one of Pink Diamond-as-Rose-Quartz's big things was her healing tears, right? Which Steven inherited in the form of healing spit. BUT YELLOW AND BLUE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HEALING IS! Blue acted like she'd never even heard the word before, and Yellow called the idea of trying to fix the corrupted gems "completely unprecedented." They don't have healing on Homeworld!! Which means, if Steven manages to get his hands on White Pearl and fix her...It will be the first time anyone's ever done anything like that for her before.

...I'm thinking it's probably going to be similar to the reaction you get when you "cure" a Tranquil Mage.

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 4
  2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Winnegree. Winner-agree. WHY can't I press more than one button, dammit.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

the one true way to hit both winner and agree. is to post a picture of Winry :P
    incidentally: WIN-REE
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  4. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Now I’m wondering what happened the first time Pink/Rose did that

• Agree x 6
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Okay, this is trippy, I was literally JUST thinking about my headcanon for this!

Basically...I think at some point during the war, one of her friends (or girlfriends, I’m not saying it was Pearl but I’m also not saying it wasn’t) got cracked, and that it was kind of a situation along the lines of Steven healing Lars. Just...crying over a loved one that she knows is near death, and then wouldn’t you know it, the crack is just gone.

I just like the idea of history kinda repeating itself there, I suppose!

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  6. Inkblot

Inkblot I'M GOING TO THE LOST CAUSE PIT, MA

Okay, every time I watch the scene with White Diamond I just get more and more narcissist mother feels.

Look what she DOES. The subtle intimidation—there’s a lot of buildup about her temper, her explosiveness, Yellow and Blue Diamond are very clear that Steven is not to come near her until they’ve calmed her down. And then when Steven arrives White Diamond immediately cuts him off from his support, and makes him come to her ALONE, and given that she believes he’s Pink Diamond and that he knows her? She absolutely expects him to be shitting his pants about this.

But oh, when he gets there! Sugary sweetness. Demeaning pet names. And she’s not only not letting Steven get a word in edgewise—she’s spinning her own version of the story, and making it clear that hers is the CORRECT version. Pink Diamond did not have legitimate concerns. Pink Diamond was being childish. Pink Diamond was playing a game, and scaring everyone. But oh, now Pink Diamond is doing the right thing, and has come back. And White Diamond, a gracious mother, is going to accept her back with open arms. WELCOME HOME, PINK.

HOLY SHIT, CREWNIVERSE.

• Agree x 18
    • Like x 2
  7. mazarinedrake

It's nicely ironic, when you think about it. The Gem they came to for help with permanently healing the corrupted gems is so corrupted herself that she can't see beyond her own needs and desires. To fix the one, they must either get through to the other or find a way to do without her.

• Agree x 8
  8. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

I don't think that White is corrupted, but rather performing her function perfectly.

Blue and Yellow are opposed, Blue focusing on illogical/empathetic emotions and Yellow focusing on practicality even though she does feel. Yellow chides Pink for how many soldiers died for her deception, Blue steps in; otherwise, it's Yellow trying to get Blue to get ahold of herself.

White's shtick seems to be order.

I was watching some theory videos and Rose was talking about how gems emerge knowing their purpose. What if Pink was purposefully created by something higher than White to be her opposite. What if Pink was the answer to imposed order by recognising the beauty of self-sorted chaos? What if she was purposefully not seeded with knowledge of what she was supposed to be?

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  9. mazarinedrake

To clarify, I didn't mean that White Diamond is "corrupted" in the sense that she's lost sight of her form or purpose. I meant she's been corrupted as a human politician or narcissist might be corrupted; she's lost her empathy. And the Gems, make no mistake, ARE empathic creatures. They don't start out with any conception of love, personal growth, or even respect for other lives, but they once they discover those ideas they almost always seem to enjoy them, something that would be extremely unlikely if they really had no capacity for them at all. Gem society, backed by White Diamond's regime, teaches Gems to be cold and asocial and only think about their jobs, but that doesn't mean it was always like that. Maybe there was a time when even White Diamond cared.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 2
  10. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

CLLOOOOODDD.png

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 2
  11. Acey

Definitely Garnet, I'd argue. Pearl doesn't have tiny hands, and thus cannot use Garnet's weakness to her advantage. Meanwhile, Garnet is significantly physically stronger, so if it were a regular ol' physical fight I think Garnet would win. This is just my take on the whole thing though.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. Acey

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
  13. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I absolutely love the trans flag in garnet's shades!

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  14. Acey

Oh my gosh, I didn't even notice that (edit: well, until you pointed it out and I looked again :P) but that's wonderful!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like x 1
  15. So this is technically canon now.

1042495B-F0D3-45C8-A0FA-43AD37D59AA5.gif

• Winner x 9
  16. Acey

NEW DOVE AD STARRING PERIDOT!! This one is definitely my fave so far.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  17. Hey I have a question, what happens if I learn to draw and start selling gemsonas for 5 bucks each to spite the people who sell theirs for 15 to 25?

18. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

why do you need to spite someone for selling art for 20 bucks

and what will happen is maybe the cheaper price could give you more customers if you get well known but you may not be bringing in enough with each one to make it worth your time

• Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice