Steven Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 24, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I was expecting them to at least give him a hug or something.

• Like x 2
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I didn't really feel like that was what happened. Steven being upset was what snapped Ruby and Sapphire out of their fight and made them realize that the way they were behaving had an effect on everyone else.

• Like x 2
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeah, I get that. I'm not wording this right. It was good that they worked it out, cause that was part of the reason why Steven was so upset. it's just that the whole episode they were ignoring him and what he was saying and how he felt, and it felt like it ended with them ignoring him too. Like, his emotions were the catalyst for their emotions, but Steven's like 12, and he just asked if it was his fault that stuff was bad at home, and he didn't look like he believed Ruby when she told him otherwise, and that bugs me. Probably cause I wouldn't have believed her. Steven's such a selfless kid, but that can easily turn sour for him. If he starts thinking he's responsible for the health and wellbeing of the people around him, I dunno, I'm just kinda jittery about it. It's not just that moment, it's all the stuff. The Pearl stuff, and the stuff with Rose and how she was such a bright spot for them and Steven clearly thinks he has to live up to that from the extended theme. And how he reacted to the holopearl in Sworn to the Sword, and the Malachite dreams, and I'm just worried about him.

• Like x 7
  4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I gotcha there. Just wanna hug the poor kid.

• Like x 1
  5. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Latest episode!

Onion is so creepy and I'm so happy about that. But MOSTLY I am happy to see Amethyst get some praise and ego boosting from someone she looks up to so much! Considering her self worth issues, it was awesome to see. Vidalia is rad as hell.

• Like x 3
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Vidalia made me think of Miyazaki films in terms of her design. It's the face and clothes mostly.

• Like x 2
  7. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Man, Onion. It's really cool how his mom is just so utterly chill with him about his... stuff. But she is a little overpermissive, I guess. Sour Cream might do to tone it down a bit. Using up all the electricity in the house? Not really cool. I mean, Vidalia and Onion are okay with it, but his dad does have a right to be upset about that at least.

Feels like this week is a week of communication, yeh? It's nice to see people talking bout stuff in cartoons. Miscommunication seems to be a staple of the genre sometimes, so. It's just nice.

• Like x 5
  8. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@Aondeug yeah same! She reminded me of the painter girl from Kiki's Delivery Service, and not just because of the obvious, but personality-wise too.

Btw do you guys think tomorrow's episode will be at all Pearl centered? I mean, since we had Garnet(well, Ruby and Sapphire) yesterday, and Amethyst today, so, maybe? Idk, at this point I'm just hoping the episode tomorrow won't kill me with secondhand embarrassment lol.

• Like x 3
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Next episode's trailer suggests that it'll be all about Jamie and Steven doing Theater Things! Though the title is "Historical Friction" so who even knows.

10. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Yeah, I knew it was at least partially focused on Jamie(hence why the secondhand embarrassment concern) but acting seems like something Pearl would be interested in sorta? Plus the title, yeah.

11. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I'm thinking Friend Ship might be Pearl's.The Sneak Peek focuses on the tension between her and Garnet, and how Pearl's doubling down on the finding Peridot to make up for time lost I suppose. Historical Friction might be more of a world building episode. There's been a bit more this week than we usually get about the differences between this universe and ours, like Keystone being a state, and I'd like for that to continue. Maybe we'll get to see a bit of how Gems and the fallout from the war has affected humans? That'd be nice. The Crystal Gems are still picking up the debris, thousands of years later! There's got to be a whole buncha times humans have collided with gem remnants (gemnants?).

12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Ooh, human vs gem perspectives on history could be a cool thing! And 'Historical Friction' would make sense for that. I've kind of figured that Gems exist a bit the way fairies and dragons do in myth, except they were actually real. Symbols of power, but also there's a lot of 'don't go into the moors, the crystal monster will eat you' or something. Or, if the Gems in Rose's army survived long enough, then maybe the Gem armies occupy a position similar to the fairy courts in myth.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    • Like x 3
  13. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Jesus fuck, Onion.

also Vidalia and Amethyst were totally a thing
    I betcha Vidalia's got some more risque paintings of Amethyst stashed somewhere

• Like x 12
  14. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Onion is so fucking creepy. xD

• Like x 1
  15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i was uncomfortable with how, well, steven never really mentioned how creeped out he was by onion. like yeah, onion did give him something but... that didn't stop onion from creeping him out, still. i dunno. really wasn't how i expected the ep to end, really.

• Like x 3
  16. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Yeh. Dude has a history of doing uncomfortable things to make his people happy. But, yeah. Steven's known Onion or a long time! I don't think he's gonna stop being creepy in just one night, and Steven probably won't stop being creeped out by him with one sweet gesture, either.

Sidenote, I might have been gross and dirty and quiet for the sake of freaking other kids out when I was younger, so I'm actually feeling some wicked second hand embarrassment from this episode. Hell, I'm still gross and dirty and quiet. It's just not on purpose this time round.

• Like x 2
  17. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I personally love Onion and his creepiness, but then, I am creepy.

18. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

I just really love Vidalia. For a side character she feels just so real and down, you know? Like she has this whole life even though she's literally only shown up this episode and a not even a fraction of a different one. It's just. I love Vidalia, I love the neat friendship she has going on with Amethyst as well, I laughed when she was ready to just about shoot someone in her garage

• Like x 7
  19. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

• Like x 3
  20. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

holy COW those are really good voice acting things, are we sure those aren't the real voice actors fucking around

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice